Customer Service 866.965.0400

'12 Nissan GT-R launch mode

pdisme

So my '12 finally made it past the 1000 mile point and I was able to do the complimentary 1000 mile checkup. With that out of the way, I figured it was time to try launch mode:

1) Transmission to R mode

2) VDC to R mode

3) Suspension to soft (personal preference, better launch)

4) Brake on

5) Gas to the floor

6) Brake off

The car is an absolute beast; 2.9 second 0-60 and low 11's quarter mile, stock. It launches like a rocket. I was racing last weekend and after the day's festivities the track set up a portable drag race timing system on the front straight of the track for an 1/8th mile drag so that's where I tried it out:

(Is there a way to embed video? I see it done in one of the posts in the videos section but couldn't figure out how to do it)

The racing during the day was great too:

Very nice! Rips from a dig! Like the road racing too! What kind of car/specs on the race car?

(swirl city on the black part of the race car by your head! LOL)

The mechanics probably clean it with brake caliper cleaner so no surprise there lol.

It's an Elan DP02. It has a 220 HP four cylinder, carbon fiber tub and tunnels underneath to give it incredible downforce. Sequential gearbox and no-lift shifter. The low power and high downforce (which slows acceleration) is why you see some of the Porsches, Vipers, etc. pull away from me pretty hard on the long straights, but then I can brake waaaay later than them and go through corners much faster, so that's where most of the passing happens and once I'm through a corner I've already gained enough time that even with the power they won't be able to get back around me before the next corner.

The mechanics probably clean it with brake caliper cleaner so no surprise there lol.

It's an Elan DP02. It has a 220 HP four cylinder, carbon fiber tub and tunnels underneath to give it incredible downforce. Sequential gearbox and no-lift shifter. The low power and high downforce (which slows acceleration) is why you see some of the Porsches, Vipers, etc. pull away from me pretty hard on the long straights, but then I can brake waaaay later than them and go through corners much faster, so that's where most of the passing happens and once I'm through a corner I've already gained enough time that even with the power they won't be able to get back around me before the next corner.

Wow, real big boy toys! Looks so much fun!

Car is bad @ss!!!! Handles like it's on rails. Very nice. Looks like a ton of fun!

Car is bad @ss!!!! Handles like it's on rails. Very nice. Looks like a ton of fun! <!-- / message -->
+1

and thanks pdisme. :) Need to show your post and videos to a few people. Nice way of showing and telling how a lower power car can hold it's own and then some for us twistie track guys/fans. Some guys just think HP HP HP is all there is and just don't get it.

+1

and thanks pdisme. :) Need to show your post and videos to a few people. Nice way of showing and telling how a lower power car can hold it's own and then some for us twistie track guys/fans. Some guys just think HP HP HP is all there is and just don't get it.

Yeah, it's pretty incredible; I can destroy cars with 700+ HP in that simply from braking 100ft later and going through the corners at twice the speed. Once you get into traffic though, it can get hairy, because if I lose momentum, it takes me a while to make it up; I have to maintain speed.

Archived