Customer Service 866.965.0400

Quick Sealant Longevity!

THE Mook

Question

Hello!

These are beads from this morning, after the SS had been sitting in my garage for a couple hours. I washed it yesterday afternoon, and was less than impressed when I saw snow this morning. Good thing it started After I got here. :D

How long ago did this come out? HAHAHA I did the testing application of it shortly after I got back from Auburn...so that's what...September?

IMPRESSIVE! (Granted there is APW and BG mixed in too)

photo19.jpg

photo21.jpg

Adam's Polishes - Adam's Quick Sealant Kit

Adam's Premium Shine Detail Kit

I put two coats of the AQS on the G8 yesterday.

Adams guys, what's the rule on hitting the paint with WW or DS to remove the static after the applications? 30 minutes, or right after? I waited about 4 hours. lol I just let it sit in the garage while I went to see a buddy. It would be nice to know what you guys think/do.

Chris

Ok, the LAST (I promise!) update on the initial application of QS on my son's Civic.

When I was testing QS on the hood, I put MSS on one headlight, then covered the light, and put QS on the other light. It has been about 6 months since applying both products.

MSS on the right and QS on the left (driver side):

QuickSealantheadlights007.jpg

Close up of MSS side:

QuickSealantheadlights008.jpg

Close up of QS side:

QuickSealantheadlights009.jpg

Both lights need a light polish again, but as you can see the MSS side is clearer than the QS side, but QS side took less than 2 minutes to do!

I honestly don't remember the last time I even reached for MSS because of the QS.

You guys can all see what I have been doing with my Black PC Pads :lol:

For me to read Chewy is switching over to QS from MSS on his preciouseses.....WOW

Mook

lol nice!

Hey, I'm all about sealants, I've made that know for a while now. The AQS is easy on, easy off, and done in only a few minutes.

I have a family I want to spend time with. Time is precious to me.

Also, while I LOVE MSS, I HATE that it comes off hard. I'd rather put 5 coats of AQS on, than one coat of MSS. The beautiful thing is, I don't have to! 2 coats of AQS outlast one of MSS. It's SO easy to use, that barring any unforeseen issues with AQS, I can't see using MSS again! :o

This is also not mentioning no white residue left in the seams of the clear bra or on the plastics.

AQS is the BOMB! It's not cheap, but it's TOTALLY worth the cost. I plan to show it to my neighbor and see what he thinks of it. I think most will love it.

Chris

I honestly don't remember the last time I even reached for MSS because of the QS.

You guys can all see what I have been doing with my Black PC Pads :lol:

For me to read Chewy is switching over to QS from MSS on his preciouseses.....WOW

Mook

AQS has my vote of approval... I put two coats on our Enclave early last fall or late summer and it still looks great and beads. It sat out 24/7 until about 3 weeks ago. I was impressed enough that I plan to use nothing but IT on my G8 this year. I bought 3 cans just for that reason.

Chris

no more MSS for you? Now that is saying how good this quick sealant is! I love this stuff on my paint and on my wheels

AQS has my vote of approval... I put two coats on our Enclave early last fall or late summer and it still looks great and beads. It sat out 24/7 until about 3 weeks ago. I was impressed enough that I plan to use nothing but IT on my G8 this year. I bought 3 cans just for that reason.

Chris

Maybe my thinking is wrong but it seems with the QS it goes on perfect since it is atomized and would be thinner then MSS. thickness wize (obviously were talking mm's or even microsopic thicknesses)

it just seems like BG would eat away most of QS if not all of it since its such a thin coat.

who knows, maybe im overthinking it. :loser:

People get hung up on the term 'solvent' when it comes to BG... the ability of the solvent content in BG to impact anything outside of pre-liquified wax is low. The stuff is just not that potent. I think the term conjures up images of this super crazy material melting chemical that will break down anything it comes into contact with. Just not the case here, I think if we just called it a wax suspension liquid people wouldn't give it a second thought.

Solvents run in degrees of aggressiveness like anything else, and the content in BG is fairly low aside from the fact that its in low concentrations in the BG to begin with.

The impact of a product like this on a polymer like QS or MSS is so low its negligible if there is any at all. Also coating thickness has relatively little to do with durability, but thats a whole other discussion.

THAT is a great question.

Hmmm...what do I have that I can try that on around here....

Mook

Maybe my thinking is wrong but it seems with the QS it goes on perfect since it is atomized and would be thinner then MSS. thickness wize (obviously were talking mm's or even microsopic thicknesses)

it just seems like BG would eat away most of QS if not all of it since its such a thin coat.

who knows, maybe im overthinking it. :loser:

4 Mos for Quick Sealant seems to be the average time in typical weather conditions from what I am gathering. Could be longer or shorter depending on climate, and if the vehicle is a garage queen.

Nice!

sounds good. i've got about 7 months on a single coat of MSS on my truck, which sits outside 24/7. its just now beginning to breakdown on the hood. some areas still bead but at the back in the center i think is where its starting to fail. probably from the heat of the engine directly below.

i don't think the QS will last 4 solid months on wheels though. seems like heat from the brakes is hindering that

has anyone tested how BG does overtop of QS without Americana on top? how much will BG deteriorate quick sealant

THAT is a great question.

Hmmm...what do I have that I can try that on around here....

Mook

How long ago did this come out? HAHAHA I did the testing application of it shortly after I got back from Auburn...so that's what...September?

IMPRESSIVE! (Granted there is APW and BG mixed in too)

photo19.jpg

photo21.jpg

Adam's Polishes - Adam's Quick Sealant Kit

Adam's Premium Shine Detail Kit

Mook since you Have americana On top of the Spray sealant, the Americana is whats making the water bead, not the spray sealant.

Michael that still isn't horrible for most people. For us addicts, of course that is unacceptable. But that is darned impressive. Thanks for keeping up on this.

Thanks David. Not bad for a 3-4 month product!

I think I will reapply and see how well it holds up during the hot and rainy summer months.

I wanted to add my experiences to this thread instead of creating a new one.

I applied Adam's QS to my son's Civic on 09/17.

Here are some pictures from 11/25:

NOT treated

Civic4months003.jpg

Treated (2 months)

QuickSealant011.jpg

I took another picture today (01/29) over 4 months after the initial application

Civic4months001.jpg

The QS has deteriorated over the 4 months, but is still protecting. This car lives outside all the time, and rarely gets washed - I think I washed it in late December for the first time since the QS was applied. Not too bad for 4 minutes of application time!

Checked on how the QS was holding up 6 months after application:

IMG_0118.jpg

I think is has reached it limit, but I am happy that it lasted this long my son's DD!

Archived