Customer Service 866.965.0400

Website change?

Captain Slow

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Not sure what is up with the forum but its quite strange. The error doesnt even seem right. They spelled apologized wrong.. and the contact is to a patrick guy. Something seems strange to me..

Patrick is the owner/moderator at Digital Corvettes. Hmmm Kinda weird alright.

True but who here is british that runs the forum...I also find it kinda odd Dylan hasnt posted on here about this as well. So something is definitely wrong. :willy:

Dylan hasn't posted because he has been out of town on assignment.

I do agree Dylan is an amazing member of Adams polishes ....but he has not successfully cloned himself to be in two places at once. LMAO

sent via Tapatalk....

Dylan hasn't posted because he has been out of town on assignment.

I do agree Dylan is an amazing member of Adams polishes ....but he has not successfully cloned himself to be in two places at once. LMAO

sent via Tapatalk....

Eveyone's busy, got it, but someone from @Adams should keep us updated in some way as to what is going on. People spend valuable time on this forum, and spend alot of $$, a tiny update would be nice.

Eveyone's busy, got it, but someone from @Adams should keep us updated in some way as to what is going on. People spend valuable time on this forum, and spend alot of $$, a tiny update would be nice.

I understand your point but if you also remember you will understand this is only the forum side of things that was hacked, not their order processing or card processing areas of the site so there is no reason to think that if you placed an order it would not go through for some reason. It takes time to heal all wounds and I'm sure he is swamped with focusing on rebuilding it and getting it back to normal as fast as possible. Be patient, let him work his magic and before you know it all will be well. No worries. I have faith in Dylan and the Adams crew.

Guys, guys....read all the posts. Junkman said he is making some corrections. He IS a computer guy in real life and so its entirely possible.

Actually, I was joking. There are things behind the scenes that date back to when the forum started that you all are not aware of. That's how Patrick got involved, to which he is no longer involved. I use to be involved with it too but those duties where relegated to someone else. Thus, I am not involved in the day to day operations of the website, Dylan is. These kind of issues come up from time to time and sometimes, have nothing to with any hacking or other malicious activities. Sometime, the server that the forum runs on can't handle the load of all of it's members and has to be upgraded. This is not a cheap investment.

To this, here's what I would say. Adam solely supports this forum with his own money. The cost would blow you away. That's why other forums have sponsors involved to offset the cost of running and supporting the forum. Add to that, other forums have annoying ads and popup windows that make spending time on those forum somewhat annoying.

Here at Adam's forum, you are faced with none of that. All memberships are free and you have access to all areas of the forum without having to become supporting members. You are not even bombarded with popup ads. Since the forum is TOTALLY separate from the business website, this place could crash a thousand times and your orders will go through with no issues at all. The business side of Adam's Polishes has been around for years and has nothing to do with the forum.

With all that said, let's all be happy that we all have a no subscription, no popup and ad driven site to hang out at. I know quite a few people hang out here pretty much all day long. Add to that the amount of lurkers on this site and you have one huge load on the server. So if you are not made privy of every tiny aspect of the place, don't sweat it. Most companies announce things on a need to know basis and any website issues that Adam is having will definitely be made known to the members if necessary, probably by Adam himself. What would I do if I were you? Just hang out and enjoy whatever part of the site that is still working. You know it's going to get fixed, just be patient. As a tech myself, I know that some issues may take more than a couple of minutes to get resolved so just bear with it. You can bet that Adam is well aware of what's going on and is working to resolve whatever issues are affecting things. ;)

update.gif

Trust me they are very aware of what is going on and they ARE working on it. f0c36acc20df62e06100c20b74eecc3d.gif

Its frustrating to some of you but it is just a small glitch, nothing major. It will be fixed asap.

smilybird.gif

Actually, I was joking. There are things behind the scenes that date back to when the forum started that you all are not aware of. That's how Patrick got involved, to which he is no longer involved. I use to be involved with it too but those duties where relegated to someone else. Thus, I am not involved in the day to day operations of the website, Dylan is. These kind of issues come up from time to time and sometimes, have nothing to with any hacking or other malicious activities. Sometime, the server that the forum runs on can't handle the load of all of it's members and has to be upgraded. This is not a cheap investment.

To this, here's what I would say. Adam solely supports this forum with his own money. The cost would blow you away. That's why other forums have sponsors involved to offset the cost of running and supporting the forum. Add to that, other forums have annoying ads and popup windows that make spending time on those forum somewhat annoying.

Here at Adam's forum, you are faced with none of that. All memberships are free and you have access to all areas of the forum without having to become supporting members. You are not even bombarded with popup ads. Since the forum is TOTALLY separate from the business website, this place could crash a thousand times and your orders will go through with no issues at all. The business side of Adam's Polishes has been around for years and has nothing to do with the forum.

With all that said, let's all be happy that we all have a no subscription, no popup and ad driven site to hang out at. I know quite a few people hang out here pretty much all day long. Add to that the amount of lurkers on this site and you have one huge load on the server. So if you are not made privy of every tiny aspect of the place, don't sweat it. Most companies announce things on a need to know basis and any website issues that Adam is having will definitely be made known to the members if necessary, probably by Adam himself. What would I do if I were you? Just hang out and enjoy whatever part of the site that is still working. You know it's going to get fixed, just be patient. As a tech myself, I know that some issues may take more than a couple of minutes to get resolved so just bear with it. You can bet that Adam is well aware of what's going on and is working to resolve whatever issues are affecting things. ;)

Thanks AJ for making me feel bad. :lol:

Archived