Customer Service 866.965.0400

What mods do you have planned for the spring??

Chase@InsanePaint

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

Spring mods for me are as follows... Fence in back yard, install irrigation/sprinkler system in yard. Granite in the kitchen, paint the back porch, paint my sons room from the previous owners purple to a dark royal blue, and perhaps replace the banister going upstairs with something more our style.

Yes, I realize these aren't cars, but they're good to go!

Chris

Terri are you planning on keeping the interior as factory looking as possible with the addition of the cage or is it going to be all stripped out?

For now, I'm trying to keep the interior factory looking (mostly). I have made a few interior mods... steering wheel, shifter, footwell lighting, etc. Nothing major though.

The cage will be painted to match the exterior of the car (Cyber Gray Metallic).

Although, a friend of mine recently got some Corbeau racing seats and I'm thinking I'd like to put those in at some point. Here is a pic.

attachment.php?attachmentid=360295&stc=1&d=1334786723

I haven't seen any racing seats that I thought I'd like to put in my car until I saw these. I want to show my car as well as race it, so appearance is important to me. (obviously, that's why I'm in these forums!)

Oh and my new intake manifold arrived this week. I'm having my shop polish it to a mirror finish. I think I'll be using a lot of my Adam's metal polish 1 and 2!

7085243951_a4f81eb3d7_o.jpg

7085243679_10549276bb_o.jpg

6939168486_98da469e82_o.jpg

6939168684_7739ef7efa_o.jpg

Whoa, that is amazing. In case you didn't already know, Metal Polish #1 and #2 are part of the current Light it Up Blue Kit for Autism Awareness :)

We are not doing anything as big or intensive as most of you are doing here... I just installed this little piece to reduce the cabin wind in my wife's convertible and make it more enjoyable for her! It works GREAT! At 45-55mph with the windows down the cabin is fairly calm and we can easily carry on a conversation now or hear the radio without blasting it. Even at 75mph we can still have a conversation (but have to talk a little louder) and no longer feel fatigued from the constant wind buffeting like we used to feel. The wind can be felt blowing in under the wind restrictor (over the "waterfall") by our elbows but no longer is "pounding" our heads and ears. We love it!

Took an hour and a half to watch the video, do the install and clean up. This model does NOT have the lighting, so I didn't have time invested in doing electrical work.

7c4677f7.jpg

8a6d0ee7.jpg

And it can stay installed all the time, doesn't need to be taken off when the top is put up (like the typical windscreen products require)!

The rear view mirror view is shown below, it doesn't cause much obstruction, just a line across the middle of the mirror and the "Corvette" lettering can barely be seen at the bottom of the mirror.

63f4a9d3.jpg

:patriot:

Frid nice setup. When you headed to Vengeance? Dropping car off there 5/23 for a valvetrain and fuel system upgrade. Hanging around for the Fbody Gathering.

DaveVY looks great.:2thumbs:

Intake is Art in itself.:thumbsup: Here is another Procharger build. 907 RWHP Think she is going to be pushing just a little more with her Turbos.

:2thumbs:

Man feel so weak when will only be around low 600's on pump without the Meth.:(;)

Spring mods for me are as follows... Fence in back yard, install irrigation/sprinkler system in yard. Granite in the kitchen, paint the back porch, paint my sons room from the previous owners purple to a dark royal blue, and perhaps replace the banister going upstairs with something more our style.

Yes, I realize these aren't cars, but they're good to go!

Chris

I'm hoping to be finished with the basement, which includes spackling, painting, new drop in ceiling, carpet tiles, and re-unpacking everything..

Also on the Spring list, upgrade service to 200 amp, build cabinet and base frame for hot tub (got it from cousin-in-law, was installed in their basement) may need to replace all the plumbing for it.. I also want to rebuild my deck, but judging by what's left of the basement, that may have to wait until next year.. Would also like to put in a stopper of sorts for the bamboo, it is really bad this year, lifting the pavers in front of my shed.. Also have a stack of pavers I could rig something with..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Frid nice setup. When you headed to Vengeance? Dropping car off there 5/23 for a valvetrain and fuel system upgrade. Hanging around for the Fbody Gathering.

Made my appointment with Ron for May 14th. He said they should have everything done and ready for dyno tuning the next day. Then I got a car show that following Saturday, so it'll give me plenty of time the rest of the week to get it ready. Hopefully get my first trophy!:2thumbs:

• 2 weeks later...

It's finally coming together Terri! Can't wait to see more pictures.

BUT, all I can think about when I see these pictures is "how are they going to know where everything goes to put it all back together!" :willy: