Customer Service 866.965.0400

Leather and interior cleaner sprayer

Has anyone had issues with their sprayer not working with this product? Mine was always a little fishy.. I figured maybe the product was just thick. I tried to use it and it barely works now though.

I can spray once and then it gets stuck in the down position and has to be fidgeted with for awhile before it will come back up.

I'm curious if anyone has tried to use a foaming sprayer with this product? I'm placing an order soon so I might throw a 3 pack in there.

Shake ANY chemical prior to using it. Even though you might not see any visual separation parts of the products will settle over time.

Also, its entirely possible you just got a bad sprayer... jump on livechat with Ash and get a replacement before the close of business today and it'll ship monday.

Shake ANY chemical prior to using it. Even though you might not see any visual separation parts of the products will settle over time.

Also, its entirely possible you just got a bad sprayer... jump on livechat with Ash and get a replacement before the close of business today and it'll ship monday.

I plan to make an order shortly anyway and was gonna throw in the 3 pack of foaming sprayers... do you think one would work with this product?

All my sprayers on the Leather and Interior Cleaner eventually failed (x2). They will slowly squeeze in with little product coming out. The remedy I found...after I'm done using that sprayer, put the hose in a cup of hot water. Then spray until all product is cleaned out of the line.

All my sprayers on the Leather and Interior Cleaner eventually failed (x2). They will slowly squeeze in with little product coming out. The remedy I found...after I'm done using that sprayer, put the hose in a cup of hot water. Then spray until all product is cleaned out of the line.

did that also a while back and it worked perfect after

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
quick PH test shows very acidic

used PHydron paper test

Well then a chemical proof sprayer should be used for this product.

I did not realize this product would be "very acidic".

No wonder it is so potent and effective and diluting is recommended.

What PH did you come up with on your test ? I'm not a fan of using a product that strays far away from a neutral PH on fine leather. You never know when you can run into dyed leather or non-caoted leather. While a neutral ph is not completely necessary, the vinyl coating on car leather is durable but it can take a hit over time if you are either very abrasive during cleaning or use a product that is overly aggressive. IME, most APC's that can be used on leather or interior cleaners are usually more on the Alkaline side rather than acidic. With something along the lines of a PH of 9 (slightly alkaline but usually very safe even on delicate leather).

I'm actually surprised that this product is highly acidic based on reading the description on the webstore. Especially that its strong enough to ruin a sprayer in short time.

not a fan, and I thank you for going out of your way to do the PH test.

Makes plenty of sense the sprayer went bad considering it's a very acidic product. It's definitely not safe, like claimed on the website.

What's your basis on saying it's not safe? Facts before such a claim. I've used it for almost a year with no ill affects, just very clean interiors with plenty of satisfied customers. Because a product is acidic on the PH scale, does not mean it's not safe.

What's your basis on saying it's not safe? Facts before such a claim. I've used it for almost a year with no ill affects, just very clean interiors with plenty of satisfied customers. Because a product is acidic on the PH scale, does not mean it's not safe.

It horribly dried out the interior panels on my z06. Left white spots all over.

Never said an acidic cleaner wasn't safe to use, BUT, not on delicate interior surfaces. For example, acidic cleaners can effectively be used on *clear coated* wheels.

Do a search on this forum. There's plenty of threads saying to be very cautious with this cleaner.

Edited by 07 z-oh-6

• 2 months later...

There is a reason 99% of leather or interior cleaners are either PH nuetral or slightly alkaline (PH9). That reason is to not overly dryout materials. Sprayers fail on acid based products because they are doing just that to them. drying them out and making them seize up and fail. Keep in mind a lot of the interior panels are made up of a similar type of plastic material that a sprayer is made out of.

My only advice if using this product would be to be very sure to rinseoff the interior with water and a damp rag so the product does not sit and dry on its own on leather or plastic. Because it if drys out a plastic sprayer, you can bet it will do the same to plastic interiors if not rinsed off.

My only advice if using this product would be to be very sure to rinseoff the interior with water and a damp rag so the product does not sit and dry on its own on leather or plastic. Because it if drys out a plastic sprayer, you can bet it will do the same to plastic interiors if not rinsed off.

I'm fairly certain the label on the Leather and Interior Cleaner says to do just that. I only use the Leather and Interior Cleaner when the seat/interior surface is really dirty. Normally I just use the Leather and Interior Conditioner :glasses: as a cleaner.

My sprayer on the interior cleaner has worked well. The bottom of my bottle started to leak a small bit. Created quite a mess on my detail cart. I'm not sure how to to store in now,don't want it to keep leaking out the bottom but don't want to turn it upside down or on its side and possibly leak thru the top or sprayer.

Weird... I'm on my original bottle of the stuff (use gallons) with NO issues. Actually, I've had NO issues with ANY Adams sprayers.

Strange, no problems here either, same bottle, over a year old. I did once notice a little white dried substance on the tip, scratched it off and it hasn't happened since.

:cheers:

Strange, no problems here either, same bottle, over a year old. I did once notice a little white dried substance on the tip, scratched it off and it hasn't happened since.

:cheers:

Mines 3+ years old...