Customer Service 866.965.0400

Carpet Extactors/Cleaners??

Carolinaboy

Question

I'm looking to get a Carpet cleaner/extractor (whatever you call them). I want to get one to use occasionally in the truck and house. I don't wanna break the bank but get a decent one. I have a few spots in the house every now and then that could use more than a blot and vacuum treatment.

What do you use, that won't break this college boys wallet....lol

• Answers 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just ordered one from Amazon.com. There is a $10 rebate going on right now.

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002DNXBUI/ref=ox_ya_os_product]Amazon.com: BISSELL Auto Care ProHeat Compact Multi-Purpose Deep Cleaner, 14254: Home & Kitchen[/ame]

can you purchase this in stores? With light colored interior on my truck a portable cleaner like this would be awesome as I already have a gallon of C&U cleaner and just simply for doing other peoples cars and trucks. I did find this bissell little green proheat pet looks like the same thing as the autocare

I picked up the Bissell Lift-Off. It is a convertible machine - it has the part like the auto pro-heat, but that also goes into an upright housing so you can clean your whole house as well.

Seems to work very well.

can you purchase this in stores? With light colored interior on my truck a portable cleaner like this would be awesome as I already have a gallon of C&U cleaner and just simply for doing other peoples cars and trucks. I did find this bissell little green proheat pet looks like the same thing as the autocare

rumor has it the pet one is slightly different. I wasn't able to find the proheat locally. I got it through Amazon.

I too had the same question as to whether or not it would be worth it to invest in a cheap extractor. I can tell you with confidence you should and I just completed a full interior detail with pics which I would be happy to share to show you the type of job that can be done. I purchased the Bissell Autocare Proheat hot water extractor which you can get for $99 and combined it with some initial work with Adam's Carpet & Uphostry Cleaner. Check out the pics and see for yourself!

Process:

1. Vacuumed carpets real good

2. Spray carpet with Adam's Carpet & Uphostry Cleaner

3. Scrub the carpets in both directions with Adam's cleaning brush

4. Use the extractor using hot water only. Vacuum until the extractor stops pulling dirty water

5. Let the carpets dry real good.

Before

post-6246-136818064334_thumb.jpg

After - Notice the dirt the extractor pulled from the floor mat

post-6246-136818064338_thumb.jpg

After

post-6246-136818064342_thumb.jpg

Before

post-6246-136818064345_thumb.jpg

After

post-6246-136818064348_thumb.jpg

I too had the same question as to whether or not it would be worth it to invest in a cheap extractor. I can tell you with confidence you should and I just completed a full interior detail with pics which I would be happy to share to show you the type of job that can be done. I purchased the Bissell Autocare Proheat hot water extractor which you can get for $99 and combined it with some initial work with Adam's Carpet & Uphostry Cleaner. Check out the pics and see for yourself!

Process:

4. Use the extractor using hot water only. Vacuum until the extractor stops pulling dirty water

Before

[ATTACH]8992[/ATTACH]

After - Notice the dirt the extractor pulled from the floor mat

[ATTACH]8993[/ATTACH]

After

[ATTACH]8996[/ATTACH]

Before

[ATTACH]8997[/ATTACH]

After

[ATTACH]8998[/ATTACH]

Awesome thanks for the review!

Yes I saw the form after I posted that.I have free shipping with Amazon. Thanks

Amazon Prime FTW ;)

Pays for itself within a month.

You can certainly use the cc in the Bissell (ratio 4 water to 1 Adam's cc) but in my opinion if you spray the carpets real good and agitate with a brush, you should get all the dirt broken up and loose. The hot water allows the dirt to break down even more while extracting. To me, if you add the cc to the Bissell you are just wasting precious product. I also dont think the Bissell is powerful enough on its own to do all the work on a really soiled carpet like the ones shown in my pics. I think every vehicle has different circumstances but with the Bissell and the Adam's cc you have a few different options for attacking the job which is always a wonderful thing!

Thanks, that's the answer I was looking for.

Yup it's good stuff.

Before...wasn't too terrible since we used rubber mats it's whole life.

stuff001-1.jpg

stuff002-1.jpg

stuff003-1.jpg

stuff005-1.jpg

The funk from the mats

stuff008.jpg

Cleaned with APC, came out real nice. stuff011.jpg

Adams C&UC and auto car pro-heat...after

stuff012.jpg

stuff013.jpg

stuff014.jpg

stuff015.jpg

stuff009.jpg

stuff010.jpg

Process:

I'm just curious why hot water only and no Adam's Carpet Cleaner in the Bissell also?

I put Adam's CC into the Bissell and use it that way. Seems to give the same results and it faster. Just be sure to vacuum first.

I am of the group that just uses CC in a spray bottle, agitates with brush, then uses the Bissell to extract the water and CC. Only reason I don't use it in the machine is I've heard negative reviews about longevity when using chemicals actually in it.

that and I like to spray just clean water on the cleaned parts to help facilitate the extraction.

Thanks for the link, I just ordered one too. Did you get an immediate $10 off because mine went through at $99. I am wondering is it a mail in rebate?

There is a form if you look. Local Best Buys have them too if you want to save on shipping!

Archived