Customer Service 866.965.0400

Carpet Extactors/Cleaners??

Carolinaboy

Question

I'm looking to get a Carpet cleaner/extractor (whatever you call them). I want to get one to use occasionally in the truck and house. I don't wanna break the bank but get a decent one. I have a few spots in the house every now and then that could use more than a blot and vacuum treatment.

What do you use, that won't break this college boys wallet....lol

• Answers 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have a Bissell Little Green Machine and while it works ok, it's not great IMO

The problem is it doesn't extract that well, the suction isn't the best. I've found better results by going over the carpets/seats with my ShopVac on the wet setting to really get all the water out.

Keep in mind it is the winter and the cool air doesn't help. The LGM works a lot better in the summer.

I've decided to invest in a high grade commercial hot water extractor, this model:

8070 Mytee-Lite™ II

I've read the reviews, watched the videos, spoken to them on the phone (the guy said they're MADE IN THE USA) and I've decided to pull the trigger.

I'm going to be ordering one in the next month or so, just in time for Spring detailing :D

The MSRP is $900, but they can be found for $650

My philosophy is 'why spend $100 on a machine that will break over and over again, where I can invest in a high grade model that will pay for itself in a year or so'.

I think this video speaks for itself:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nUmGjJFjWLo&feature=related]Mytee Lite 2[/ame]

*Notice the high grade stainless steel tool with brass fittings, built to last

Best Buy online shows both for $99. There is a Little Green Machine and a Little Green Machine Proheat, which is the same as the Autocare version.

The LGM Proheat I found in store has the same attachments as the Autocare version (Bissell said it's supposed to have different ones, but what the hay.) I don't care about the color, so I bought the LGM Proheat. I asked them to raise the price to $101 so I could get $30 back, but they wouldn't do it.

Anyone have any experience using one of thes LGM/AUTOCARE on cloth upholstry?

Im interested in buying one of these for the price as it heats up water. Id just like to konw how well it performs while cleaning up cloth interior. Does it dry evenly?

My other option was something like an upright steam vac by bissel or hoover (more likely bisel as the hoover doeas not heat up the water) with a hose attachment.

Ive read a lot of mixed reviews on both products so im not sure which way to go

I am interested in buying one also. Is there a huge difference between the LGM and the LGM proheat? Looking to buy something to use at home and on my details.

The Pro heat unit actually heats water up to 25 deg hotter from what ive read.

The Pro heat is the better unit in my opinon

i have the bissell, I bought it hoping for results like this:

clean-carpet.jpg

I found that i didnt achieve that, i got results and they were clean but not SUPER clean. But to get results like that requires an $800 machine so i suppose i can settle :D. If your a professional or do alot of side work then it would be worth it to get a true hot water extractor. The bissell is cheaply built and although fine for occasional home use i wouldn't think it would last a week in a professional/ hobby environment.

Seems like there is a new one out guys. Here is a comparison of all three models. The AutoCare version has 6 more amps than the normal ProHeat. I like the color of the AutoCare, but it seems like it would be better to go with the updated deep reach model. To me it seems like the only new part is a different attachment. I've seen attachments like this sold on amazon, not sure if they fit the previous models though.

Also for those who have the AutoCare version with the crevice tool. Is it a good thing to have? Or do you never really use it?

Seems like there is a new one out guys. Here is a comparison of all three models. The AutoCare version has 6 more amps than the normal ProHeat. I like the color of the AutoCare, but it seems like it would be better to go with the updated deep reach model. To me it seems like the only new part is a different attachment. I've seen attachments like this sold on amazon, not sure if they fit the previous models though.

Also for those who have the AutoCare version with the crevice tool. Is it a good thing to have? Or do you never really use it?

I haven't used my crevice tool yet but there may be something down the road to use it on. I am pleased with the performance of the Autocare so far.

I have a Bissell Little Green Machine and while it works ok, it's not great IMO

The problem is it doesn't extract that well, the suction isn't the best. I've found better results by going over the carpets/seats with my ShopVac on the wet setting to really get all the water out.

Keep in mind it is the winter and the cool air doesn't help. The LGM works a lot better in the summer.

I've decided to invest in a high grade commercial hot water extractor, this model:

8070 Mytee-Lite™ II

I've read the reviews, watched the videos, spoken to them on the phone (the guy said they're MADE IN THE USA) and I've decided to pull the trigger.

I'm going to be ordering one in the next month or so, just in time for Spring detailing :D

The MSRP is $900, but they can be found for $650

My philosophy is 'why spend $100 on a machine that will break over and over again, where I can invest in a high grade model that will pay for itself in a year or so'.

I think this video speaks for itself:

Mytee Lite 2

*Notice the high grade stainless steel tool with brass fittings, built to last

I've used quite a few of them and I found Olympus Portable Carpet Extractor to be the best out of them, the ninja came in second for are shop! 600 hundred is a good deal if you can pick up a mytee for that price! And for the mytee, you will definitely want to have your local janitor shop upgrad the pump to a three stage when the two stage takes a crapola, trust me on that! Much more sucking power!

I have the white LGM with ProHeat, the suction still stinks IMO

Like I said before, if you use it occasionally, they're fine. But if you plan on detailing a number of vehicles with them, I'd go with the Mytee

I've used quite a few of them and I found Olympus Portable Carpet Extractor to be the best out of them, the ninja came in second for are shop! 600 hundred is a good deal if you can pick up a mytee for that price! And for the mytee, you will definitely want to have your local janitor shop upgrad the pump to a three stage when the two stage takes a crapola, trust me on that! Much more sucking power!

$5,000 is quite a bit :lol:

I appreciate the input though

I like this one.

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Hoover-Carpet-Spotter-Extractor-CH83005/dp/B006LNB5B8/ref=sr_1_93?s=home-garden&ie=UTF8&qid=1330077995&sr=1-93]Amazon.com: Hoover Carpet Spotter Extractor with Heat 3 Gallon CH83005: Home & Kitchen[/ame]

Archived