Customer Service 866.965.0400

Official 2012 MLB Thread - Wanna talk baseball? Come on in!

Team Adam's

I think it's a good idea as well. But they need to make sure that teams don't just load up with a dozen pitchers and move them in and out as they get used. Seems like some teams would take advantage of that if there isn't some control in place....

• Replies 758
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it's a good idea as well. But they need to make sure that teams don't just load up with a dozen pitchers and move them in and out as they get used. Seems like some teams would take advantage of that if there isn't some control in place....

Agreed... they almost need to make it so any pitcher added to the daily roster must be played at least 1x while on the roster and remain on the roster for a certain number of days before being rotated off again.

The funny thing about baseball its just as much a chess match as a sport... a good manager is always going to find ways to exploit the schedule, the roster, and the rules... guess it would just be a matter of keeping the exploitation to a minimum.

Sweep of the A's completed... but I really hope McCarthy is OK... this is one ugly way to get hit:

Baseball Video Highlights & Clips | LAA@OAK: McCarthy hit in head by Aybar liner - Video | MLB.com: Multimedia

McCarthy is stable after skull fracture surgery.

Oakland Athletics' Brandon McCarthy alert after surgery on skull fracture - ESPN

I'm still absolutely floored that the O's and A's are doing what they're doing... all is not right in the universe. This is some kind of bizzar-o world where teams that aren't supposed to get out of the cellar are chasing down first place teams.

That's just one of the things that's great about MLB right now. The worst teams are just a good stretch away from contention and the best teams are just an injury or a slump away from oblivion.

Remember how great game(s) 162 was last year? I was afraid that the new WC format would just "force" that day and it wouldn't be as great. I was wrong. We're liable to have another magical 162 as well as two "do-or-die" WC games.

I really hope the O's and A's can hold it together. Even though I'm a Rangers fan I'm as BASEBALL fan first and I would welcome a tight last week.

The series between the O's and Rays was fantastic. The upcoming series' between the O's - A's and the Rays - Yanks are going to be great as well.

The Yanks have the "easiest" schedule over the last weeks but I can't put my faith in a returning 40 year-old hero like they seem to be doing. The O's are young, hungry and DRIVEN! The Yanks look old and ready to take a few days off.

And what about the Dodgers? They traded for great players and all they got was losses! Kiss the NL West goodbye, LA.

And can the Tigers string a couple of wins together? They were supposed to be the best team in baseball this year!

The Phillies and the Brewers back in the WC race? Unbelievable.

One final thing. The best team in baseball plays in Washington D.C. - for the first time in almost 100 years.

2012 is shaping up to be one for the ages.

I saw the nats contending... I didn't see them dominating like they have though.

You are right about the excitement... even though my Halos are faltering and a longshot to catch the teams ahead of them at least EVERY game matters from here out for almost every team in the upper half of their respective division.

• 2 weeks later...
Just seen this thread so figured id jump in. How about them O's 7 homers last night and still leading the wild card and 1.5 back of the yanks

The Fightin' Showalters have shocked the baseball world. They're a lot of fun to watch.

I can't wait to see what they do in the Post Season.

Yea i've loved my birds and i honestly am just happy that they have a winning season its been really hard to be an O's fan but no matter what i bleed orange and black. I hope they do really well but no matter what to me this season is great already playoffs are a bonus

Yea i've loved my birds and i honestly am just happy that they have a winning season its been really hard to be an O's fan but no matter what i bleed orange and black. I hope they do really well but no matter what to me this season is great already playoffs are a bonus

I know how you feel. As a Rangers fan I was just glad when they made the playoffs a few years ago.

But trust me: winning makes you greedy.

Have fun!