Customer Service 866.965.0400

Too detail or not

bigaudiofanatic

Very long story short. My sister never takes or took care of her car. It has dents and rust on some spots.

Right now it is completely bird bombed and most of the paint is hazed up.

Should I take a full day and detail it and probably never get a thank you, or just leave it.

Car in question 2002 Honda Civic Green

No point, especially if she won't be grateful or maintain it. I plan on doing my brothers black CTS-V for him after I do my SS and Coly and showing him the 2 bucket method. He's already purchased some Adam's stuff (deluxe car was kit and tire and trim combo) and I got him some Quick Sealant for Christmas. He wants to try out the Americana so I figure that I can do a detail for him to correct it and then let him do the quick sealant and then top it off with some Brilliant Glaze and Americana. Hopefully after he sees the results he'll maintain it with the 2 bucket method, which he should. Between us, we have 3 buckets so we won't have an issue there.

My sister is the same way, and she just bought a 2012 Focus Sedan...and I'm trying to tell her all the things to do, and the things not to do...but I know it'll end up crappy just like all her other cars. Why some people don't take pride in their investments, and don't want to take care of them...I will never understand that.

I personally would only use it for practice...but if the car is rusting and is in bad shape I wouldn't bother wasting my products and possibly ruin my pads.

There are only a few rust spots on it, and some MAJOR scratches on the roof and trunk.

Wet sanding practice would be a major plus.

Bro, if your going in knowing that your not gonna get that big gratifying, smile on her face that we all love when our masterpiece is done, then so be it.

Use it as a chance to have some fun!! Don't go for complete perfection, use it as a chance to go 50/50 happy on the pics, and do some product reviews for us!!

Go have some fun with that bad boy man.

For me the art of detailing is a cradle to grave experience....

Researching, Video's, Review's, Forums, Comparing, Pricing, Purchasing, Unpacking, Shelving, Organizing, Product Labeling, Enjoyment of the Product....and of course the Final Product. I love it all...so go do what you love and knock that badboy out.

Bro, if your going in knowing that your not gonna get that big gratifying, smile on her face that we all love when our masterpiece is done, then so be it.

Use it as a chance to have some fun!! Don't go for complete perfection, use it as a chance to go 50/50 happy on the pics, and do some product reviews for us!!

Go have some fun with that bad boy man.

For me the art of detailing is a cradle to grave experience....

Researching, Video's, Review's, Forums, Comparing, Pricing, Purchasing, Unpacking, Shelving, Organizing, Product Labeling, Enjoyment of the Product....and of course the Final Product. I love it all...so go do what you love and knock that badboy out.

Thanks for the advice, I do agree with it being good practice. Now I just have to get her away from the car for a ful day.

She is in no way shape or forum taking or touching mine. :lolsmack:

Earlier today

DSC00126.jpg

Archived