Customer Service 866.965.0400

Complete: 2005 GTO

THE Mook

Morn!

JD and I were out at Colorado Performance Unlimited this past Friday night to knock this baby out the night before it was being delivered back to the customer. It went to CPU for some uh, minor modding. It's only 500 to the wheels now. Baby has a nice lope and daddy like!

The Process: This was all about getting the most shine in the least amount of time. The car was treated to a two bucket, foam gunned wash, wheels and tires cleaned and dressed, engine bay dry detailed and dressed, claybar, SHR and FMP, Revive and BG, finished with APW. I should also mention JD did a great job on the interior with a vacuum, and Leather and Interior Cleaner and Leather Conditioner to the seats and dash. Total time spent here: 3.75 Hours.

This car looked like it hadn't been washed I dunno...since 2006. We made sure to mix in about 4 ounces of APC into the wash bucket, to ensure extra cleaning power upon wash.

3338d804.jpg

7ec5008f.jpg

9f1d8bba.jpg

0c785ee1.jpg

Products for all Pre-Polishing Steps:

Adam's Wheel & Undercarriage Detail Kit

Adam's Platinum Car Wash Kit

a3747890.jpg

e244f89b.jpg

WW and Edgeless Utility Towels made short work of the engine. Didn't want to get it wet, or too wet rather, because of all the fancy paintwork here. OH and Trent told us the lettering on the intake would wipe right off. :lol:

020b4277.jpg

Interior Products Used:

Adam's Leather & Interior Cleaner

Adam's Leather & Interior Conditioner

Adam's Premium Interior Dressing Applicators

Shot of the Passenger side, front seat. Half treated with Leather Conditioner.

18f86298.jpg

More Interior Shots

57adaced.jpg

0cd1934a.jpg

Random Shots of Action

9135301d.jpg

b4358e8c.jpg

03e73f7f.jpg

Products Used for Dressing All Vinyl, Rubber, and Trim...and the Engine Bay too:

Adam's In & Out Spray Dressing

Adam's Super VRT Tire & Trim Dressing

Adam's Hex-Grip Pro Tire Dressing Applicator

Adam's Invisible Undercarriage Spray Dressing

Products Used For Polishing Steps and Beyond:

Adam's Detailing Clay Bar & Detail Spray Combo

Adam's Basic Flex Polisher Kit - Flex XC3401VRG Polisher

Adam's PC Waxing Pad

Adam's Revive Fine Hand Polish

Adam's Brilliant Glaze for a hight gloss shine!

Adam's Glass Cleaner

Adam's Microfiber Glass Cleaning Towels

Adam's Americana Premium Carnauba Car Wax - Best Carnauba Car Wax!

Adam's Double Soft Microfiber Towel

Adam's Single Soft Microfiber Towel

Results!

32b58d5d.jpg

53ed5547.jpg

94452dd4.jpg

6fa9a9a0.jpg

7bb43562.jpg

08821ea6.jpg

f9b499fc.jpg

3c616a69.jpg

Thank you for stopping in!

Mook and JD

Wow, all that in 3.75 hours :eek:

Did you double flex it? 100% perfection or just get it better?

Yes :lol: JD on one side, and me on the other, hot dog style. Not going for perfection, but more for taking a big chunk of the poison out of the paint, so to speak.

:thumbsup:

Yes :lol: JD on one side, and me on the other, hot dog style. Not going for perfection, but more for taking a big chunk of the poison out of the paint, so to speak.

:thumbsup:

Gotcha, I need to probably learn the flex and invest in one. Probably save me some time on my big truck. I always have to break mine up two days.

When you sent me video of this thing it sounded like it was pretty serious.

The more we were around this car, the more both of us wanted to drive it home man! That lope was sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet!

niceee, under 4 hours, jeez knocking it outta the park. even though its just to look better, sure looks mean all cleaned up even though im not usually a fan of flames. nice work!

Gotcha, I need to probably learn the flex and invest in one. Probably save me some time on my big truck. I always have to break mine up two days.

Having two machines, and also a close friend to detail with is sometimes Paramount for me. Makes life easier, the time passes with a lot more fun, and I don't feel so overwhelmed if I am having a hard day.

Nice job guys...

Thanks Anth!

Great writeup mook. I fell in love with this car. On the way home, the guy walked a c6 z06 from 60 to 120. It's a mean beast and the guy was stoked with the results. And of course I always enjoy working with a great friend and talented detailer! Thats the best part! :cheers:

How could you trash your GTO :burnout:like that? I couldn't hardly look!:(

Real nice save guys!:glasses::2thumbs:

I guess it was in a little different shape than yours, huh?

Ya know, the whole time I was on this car, I kept thinking of Chris' GTO. If I had a few extra hours, I am sure I could have made that paint bleed. Certainly pleased with the results vs time though!

Thanks!

:rockon:

How could you trash your GTO :burnout:like that? I couldn't hardly look!:(

Real nice save guys!:glasses::2thumbs:

Nothing more to add here.

Wow she was in very rough shape. Thanks for saving a goat.

Agreed!

Archived