Customer Service 866.965.0400

Whats your preferred paint correction method?

Whats your preference?  

109 members have voted

1. 1. Whats your preference?

• I work by hand.
    • I use a porter cable 7424 or similar orbital polisher.
    • I use a flex 3401vrg or similar dual action polisher.
    • I use a rotary polisher.
    • I pay someone else to do the work for me.
    • I don't do anything. Just gonna drive my car till the paint falls off.

I'm now firmly in love with the Flex 3401 after the past 2 weekends.

I'm with Reichler, no, wait, I was with Reichler the last two weekends!

I voted Flex as my preferred choice, but still use all three (plus by hand) where and when needed.

High speed rotary for really trashed paint.

PC for tight areas with 4" pads installed, also for applying MSS and glaze.

Work by hand where needed too: door handles, under spoilers, mirrors, etc...but will never do a complete car this way ever again!

Flex for general correction, it's going to end up being my main go to machine!

I do stuff by hand, but as of now, I don't have any choice in the matter. On the other hand, I enjoy polishing by hand. I know it takes longer and will never look as good if it was done by a PC or Flex, but what the heck, it keeps me out of trouble.:D It also has a lot to do with why I bought a silver car this time around. Dark colors and hand polishing are a tough mix.

I have a related question/comment....

I was talking to another Adam's user and he said he was surprised Adam's started to sell the Flex, as when he was first involved in the forum the Flex was considered "too dangerous" (especially for the novice detailer). The current poll is showing a rate of adoption of the Flex.

My question is, if those of you that have the Flex could gain a skill level to polish out the SAME defects you can with the Flex... in LESS time... would you adopt a rotary polisher? Rotary polishers with the right juice/pads can do much the same correction as the Flex... with the caveat being the detailer needs use appropriate care/technique/tools to avoid taking too much clear off, or burning the paint (quite a but of FUD seems to be generated about this)

It will be interesting to see what % of the Adam's population would consider moving to a rotary if budget, skill level increase to make it possible....

Remember, it's all about removing enough clear to eliminate the defect, the delta in the approach (assuming proper technique/tools - like paint meter) is TIME....

I have a related question/comment....

I was talking to another Adam's user and he said he was surprised Adam's started to sell the Flex, as when he was first involved in the forum the Flex was considered "too dangerous" (especially for the novice detailer). The current poll is showing a rate of adoption of the Flex.

My question is, if those of you that have the Flex could gain a skill level to polish out the SAME defects you can with the Flex... in LESS time... would you adopt a rotary polisher? Rotary polishers with the right juice/pads can do much the same correction as the Flex... with the caveat being the detailer needs use appropriate care/technique/tools to avoid taking too much clear off, or burning the paint (quite a but of FUD seems to be generated about this)

It will be interesting to see what % of the Adam's population would consider moving to a rotary if budget, skill level increase to make it possible....

Remember, it's all about removing enough clear to eliminate the defect, the delta in the approach (assuming proper technique/tools - like paint meter) is TIME....

My Flex is coming in Monday, so that is one step closer to me towards rotary. I would love to learn to use a rotary...my plan is to buy some cheap beat up body panels at a junkyard and practice on them. Budget shouldn't be too big of an issue as I believe Flex's rotary is even cheaper than the XC3401. Rotary would be the ideal way to correct when time is an issue...obviously as long as the skill needed is present. Then finishing up with either a Flex/PC would make the detail perfect. That also allows two guys to hit one car following each other(Like Dylan and his buddy did on one of his detail threads a few weeks back)

Mike, it may just be that many of the original forum members have just upgraded (or graduated as I say) to the Flex. I have both a PC and a Flex. I learned on the PC and eventually felt confident enough in my skill that the Flex was the next obvious choice. Eventually I will get a rotary, like you say, when skill and budget increase.

Getting my hands on a Flex this week...so I'll wait to answer then. As of now I use a PC and am happy with it.

Getting my Flex tomorrow!! I had briefly used one before, so I'm super stoked! I've been EXTREMELY happy with my PC since I've switched to Adams polishes..trust me if Adam or Dylan looked up my account they can verify this..my bank account can as well :lol:

However I've VERY excited to cut my detailing side job down..usually it takes me ALL day long on Saturdays to do a car so we'll see how much time I save :thumbsup:

I do stuff by hand, but as of now, I don't have any choice in the matter. On the other hand, I enjoy polishing by hand. I know it takes longer and will never look as good if it was done by a PC or Flex, but what the heck, it keeps me out of trouble.:D It also has a lot to do with why I bought a silver car this time around. Dark colors and hand polishing are a tough mix.

:iagree:

Hand polishing is great therapy for me, yes it does keep one out of trouble.

YES I have a black car and it is a challenge, did I mention I love a challenge.

:iagree:

Hand polishing is great therapy for me, yes it does keep one out of trouble.

YES I have a black car and it is a challenge, did I mention I love a challenge.

A black car and hand polishing?:bow:

Archived