Customer Service 866.965.0400

Whats your preferred paint correction method?

Whats your preference?  

109 members have voted

1. 1. Whats your preference?

• I work by hand.
    • I use a porter cable 7424 or similar orbital polisher.
    • I use a flex 3401vrg or similar dual action polisher.
    • I use a rotary polisher.
    • I pay someone else to do the work for me.
    • I don't do anything. Just gonna drive my car till the paint falls off.

No multi choice items, but I use flex and Pc. I messed with a rotary a while back but just too much room for error when you can spend just a few minutes longer and achieve better results from the flex imo. Only downfall is the application of MSW/MSS. I have to pull out the PC to take care of that, and when I need smaller corrections. I feel like the PC finishes out much slicker on the FMP on dark colored vehicles as well.

I have all three. What gets used depends on the job at hand.... and whether I am doing serious correction or maintenance, the PC is relegated to lighter duties (FMP), the Flex and Makita see more action depending on the needed correction process.... I am still in the midst of testing and honing my processes (and products) ... I can see at some point just using the rotary or the PC....

Having some experience with both the PC and Flex I like the Flex much better. The PC still gets used with 4" focus pads and the occasional use with Machine Super Sealant... but if I had to choose one it would be a no-brainer for me, Flex all the way.

:2thumbs:

Flex for me for all of my "side" jobs because the cars/trucks around here definitely need the flex vs. the PC. If they are too far gone, I simply choose not to mess with them. However, I only use the PC for both of my cars because they simply just do not need the correction that the flex can provide. I love them both and for those who upgrade to the flex, keep the PC...don't get rid of it.

Archived