Customer Service 866.965.0400

Sealant

IowaEmt1991

Question

I have been out of this loop for a while and see the new sealant. Just have a few questions before I give it a go.

1. At what step in my detailing would I use this, and what could it be a substitute for?

2. what is the purpose of it.

3. What is the procedure for application.

Thanks alot guys. :cheers:

20 answers to this question

^Yeah, not what it was with the other pic in the email from about a month ago, but still....I think this gives MSS a SERIOUS run.

Serious RUN.

This is why I bought 3 cans... I plan to use nothing but it on my rides now. I did the wife's Enclave before the product was released to the public, and it still beads. It used to sit outside everyday until literally 2 days ago.

Consider me IMPRESSED!!!

Use the Quick Sealant after you finish your paint correction. This is a replacement for the Super Sealant.

Like Mook said... AQS is NOT a replacement for MSS. It's an addition to the Adams line and designed for people that don't own a PC.

I personally LOVE AQS, and bought 3 bottles of it, for my collection... :jester:

Chris

I gotta get some soon. My whole car needs worked over so it would be a good time to try it. How far does one can go?

If you're not over using product, a long time. Dylan has a thread that shows he's done like 2 trucks, 3 SUVs and a few cars and he said the can feels 2/3? full if I remember correctly. Definitely doesn't take much to do an entire car or truck. My can still feels full after doing my truck.

Have had the QS since last fall but have not had a chance to use it yet. Warm weather is just around the corner. And will use it first on the summer alloys before installing them.

Erik, sounds like a good idea to only spray it onto the applicator only. That way there would be less over spray.

NOT a replacement for MSS. It's an easier alternative.

You would apply this after you are done correcting and polishing your paint.

IE

Right after FMP

Needs to be applied to bare paint in order to bond properly. I have had it on my TBSS since October, it's driven daily, and STILL NOT a sign of it breaking down.

Mook

I have also sprayed it on and then spread it around with a red UFO pad to good effect. It's not quite as long lasting as MSS, BUT, it sets up in 30 minutes and then you can apply Americana or BG and then Americana over it, so you can get that all done quickly without the 12 hr wait.

If you're doing a full correction the this:

SHR

FMP

Quick Sealant

(optional) Brilliant glaze

Americana

The new quick sealant is extremely easy to use, and is good at producing a headache if not in a well ventilated area...lol.

I personally only spray it into the applicator and apply instead of spraying it on the panel and on the applicator. Worked well for me. 2 months later after 3 washes and having Indiana road crap on the truck it still beads up nicely with a coat of buttery on top of it. Waiting to pull out the Americana for the SS in the spring .

So say i was doing a FULL correction from SHR all the way to americana. When would i use this product. I don't even own super sealant...its been a while :(

After the polish, before the Americana. As with other sealants it should be applied directly to the paint. Then apply the Americana (and Brilliant Glaze if you like).

The plus to sealants is they 'bond' with the paint, so they will last longer. If you are happy with the durability of Americana, then you don't need to use MSS or QS.

Use the Quick Sealant after you finish your paint correction. This is a replacement for the Super Sealant. You can enhance your shine by using Brilliant Glaze and then Americana or Buttery Wax afterwards.

Correct, Seal, Glaze, then Wax

I will try and find the video of the Quick Sealent for you.

EDIT: Found it

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EKLLn9uuo44&feature=plcp&context=C3efe6e5UDOEgsToPDskIjtuadCOW6zgLCXQ7V_J-b]Adam's Quick Sealant - YouTube[/ame]

It is a hand version of MSS. The plus is you can top it in just 30 minutes! It is not as durable as MSS, but the testing is showing good beading at 4 months - http://www.adamsforums.com/forums/waxing-glazing-sealing/15784.htm.

Spray on car, spritz on hex applicator (Americana or Buttery Wax), level the QS with applicator, let set for a few minutes, and wipe off.

Several folks have also used it for extra protection for a road trip.

it would be replacement for machine super sealant eric. So it would be best layed down on naked paint for best protection. I have some and it is super easy to apply. spry on the americana app and then spray the panel. let cure and remove then admire the shine

Archived