Customer Service 866.965.0400

Boiling Microfiber towels

xlr8rvette

Question

Read recent post but have questions............one post said to boil for 2 minutes. Is this the concensus?....Some said to use vinegar, others didn't. Which is best?.......can I tumble dry or need to let hang? (will be using tomorrow and all of my towels are shedding).

Thank you

13 answers to this question

2 minutes should do you, and a cap full of vinegar does help. The vinegar breaks down the solids trapped in the fabric. Make sure you let them cool before handeling them and ringing them out.

Tumble dry low or no heat. NO FABRIC SOFTENER SHEET!!! Handing to dry is best but if time is a factor the machine is OK too.

I have a question as well. I find that my towels aren't as soft and fluffy like when i first bought them. It seems as if the Microfibers are sticking together and they don't seem as soft as when they were new. I always followed the how to wash/care for MFs.

Would boiling them bring them back to life?

I have a question as well. I find that my towels aren't as soft and fluffy like when i first bought them. It seems as if the Microfibers are sticking together and they don't seem as soft as when they were new. I always followed the how to wash/care for MFs.

Would boiling them bring them back to life?

Boiling has brought back a few of mine that were clogged up with wax from a work over many jobs as they got worse and worse. Lately ive been giving them a little spray and wash after each job and they seem to accumulate less and less. I would advise it if they are feeling like they have lost their vigor, i know what you mean. I was very happily surprised when i got them out of the water and through a wash cycle, like having them back from new again. :2thumbs:

Boiling has brought back a few of mine that were clogged up with wax from a work over many jobs as they got worse and worse. Lately ive been giving them a little spray and wash after each job and they seem to accumulate less and less. I would advise it if they are feeling like they have lost their vigor, i know what you mean. I was very happily surprised when i got them out of the water and through a wash cycle, like having them back from new again. :2thumbs:

I just washed a bunch of them, can I just boil them and set them to dry?

I just washed a bunch of them, can I just boil them and set them to dry?

what i do that works out good was boiling them up for a few minutes w/or w/o vinegar, pulled them out with tongs and put them in a strainer and wait till they cooled a bit, wring some that water out of them, give them a normal wash and they were renewed.

what i do that works out good was boiling them up for a few minutes w/or w/o vinegar, pulled them out with tongs and put them in a strainer and wait till they cooled a bit, wring some that water out of them, give them a normal wash and they were renewed.

This is the same thing I did a couple weeks ago, and it is like I have all brand new towels again.

Will this also help with the shedding/lint?

http://www.adamsforums.com/forums/microfiber-products/14121.htm

2 minutes is probably a bit on the long side, but it won't hurt anything... if the water is boiling when the towels are placed in then they shouldn't need to be submerged for more than a minute or so to get the job done.

Tonight on the Food Network, Dylan's Delicious Double Softs.

Followed by: Detail Clinic at Diners, Drive-Ins, and Dives, so that we can make those Camaros actually look decent on Camera.

:rockon:

YES, I cringe every time they show a sun shot of those cars. It would help if Guy would quit rubbing that bling all over the doors!

YES, I cringe every time they show a sun shot of those cars. It would help if Guy would quit rubbing that bling all over the doors!

from the 08-09 ones...at the end, see if you can catch the Driver's side front fender on the outro shot. OMG One. Big. Swirl.

Archived