Customer Service 866.965.0400

Installing HIDs friday

bjoeaull

spencers hids FTW

ive been selling his kits for a while now. I think im up to 33 kits or so never a issue other than when I dropped a bulb.

also for those that run the 9005 bulbs, if your worried about "flashing them" and etc the BEST bulb is to look on ebay and type in 9011 x2 their some rowdy bulbs by philips rated at 2500+ lumens 9011 works with the 9005 housings, and 9012 works for the 9006 housings.

silverstars are JUNK and dont last very long... the philips have a 700+ hour life to them. maybe wrong plus or minus.

Turned out nice. Love the look of HIDs. Nice truck as well.

I just ordered a set from DDM this evening for my Torrent. Never ordered from them so we will see. I've always bought mine from eBay and only had an issue with one set out of 6.

Dream Workz Auto Detailing using Tapatalk

the kits from him IMO are not worth 400 bucks lol. im fine spending 40 at VLED. got me a set going in.

His kits are not that expensive... He has a eco kit now which is like 100.00 iirc and a premium kit which is 150.00

One of his kits that is on a buddy dads truck is nearly 4 years old (95k miles later). Still working great and not one misfire still.

My kit was like $150 if I remember correctly.

:iagree:

i've been considering his lo beam/fog kit which is $270 and comes with a relay.

i installed a set in my brothers 04 tahoe and it was cake! literally requires no tools, just remove 2 L shaped rods on each side and the headlight pops out. took about half an hour. shoulda taken 15 minutes but one side didn't light up, and it took 10 minutes to realize one of the plugs was upside down.

I installed my HID I bought from Faze over the weekend. I'll recommend these to anyone anywhere. This is the THIRD set of HID I have bought for the SS. First ones were Xentec brand, GROSS and flickered and the illumination was cloudy. The second set are far better in quality to the Xentec but are still not as nice as these "Spencer" brand.

Very Clean lighting. I love that. No flickering either! Lifetime Warranty too.

i've been considering his lo beam/fog kit which is $270 and comes with a relay.

i installed a set in my brothers 04 tahoe and it was cake! literally requires no tools, just remove 2 L shaped rods on each side and the headlight pops out. took about half an hour. shoulda taken 15 minutes but one side didn't light up, and it took 10 minutes to realize one of the plugs was upside down.

mook made that same mistake :lolsmack:

• 4 months later...

I can't believe you guys are putting hids in stock housings. Stock reflector housings should not be used for hid lights the beam pattern is a mess. If u want hids you have to get a projector style headlight. Smh

I can't believe you guys are putting hids in stock housings. Stock reflector housings should not be used for hid lights the beam pattern is a mess. If u want hids you have to get a projector style headlight. Smh

I agree.

I have the projectors, just did not want to spend the extra cash from the factory to get the HID's installed.

I agree as well. There are alot of people doing this around here and it is annoying and dangerous. Just beacuse you don't get flashed doesn't mean your still not blinding the heck out of other drivers.

i'm kinda hoping the next model GM trucks have an optional HID projector headlight, like the older Denali's had!

i doubt, i cannot figure out why american car companies are so slowwwwww to adapt to new technologies, especially lighting. cadie has them stock but chrysler/ford only have a few of their car models with the option the same goes for the rest of gm

Hell kia offers HID's as an option in most of their cars.

By the time the americans play catch up with HID's the germans will already be offering LED headlights as standard. IE audi/bmw/Merc already offer LEDs standard on their top end models and as an option on like the A6 etc.

I think the americans need to really figure out what they need to innovate so the rest of the world plays catch up with us, until that happens they will just continued to be laughed at in the innovation world :willy:

i doubt, i cannot figure out why american car companies are so slowwwwww to adapt to new technologies, especially lighting. cadie has them stock but chrysler/ford only have a few of their car models with the option the same goes for the rest of gm

Hell kia offers HID's as an option in most of their cars.

By the time the americans play catch up with HID's the germans will already be offering LED headlights as standard. IE audi/bmw/Merc already offer LEDs standard on their top end models and as an option on like the A6 etc.

I think the americans need to really figure out what they need to innovate so the rest of the world plays catch up with us, until that happens they will just continued to be laughed at in the innovation world :willy:

true, but they did offer it back in 05-06 on the denali lineup. then started decontenting

and the Escalade Platinum Edition comes with LED headlights. the ones that look like there's 7 projectors