Customer Service 866.965.0400

3 step then what

camaro

Question

15 answers to this question

how long do you think that'd last on my poor poor outdoor camaro?

Well assuming you put MSS on first then BG then Americana I would say you would be good for the summer without worries but come winter time I would definatly at least clay with some FMP then 2 coats of MSS for protection then do it all again next spring. With americana me personally I usually did a coat about once a month maybe one in between just to add depth and protection as americana is my favorite product besides detail spray.

is there any added depth or shine or some catch phrase i am missing that either the post24hr glaze +/- americana will contribute?

The post 12/24 hour wipe down simply removes any product that didn't get removed on your initial wipedown 20 minutes after the MSS application. Supposably a slight haze may be visable after the 12/24 hour time period: I've not noticed that though. It also allows time for the product to more fully cure so any subsequent products applications won't remove the MSS.

The MSS alone will make the paint smooth and shiney, and look really nice. Addition of the BG and Americana or just the Americana will give depth, warmth, and an added wet look to that red paint.

The MSS alone will make the paint smooth and shiney, and look really nice. Addition of the BG and Americana or just the Americana will give depth, warmth, and an added wet look to that red paint.

Camaro, my jeep sits outside now at my apartment until I get my new apartment with a garage. I can vouch for above because it is what I do and it holds up very well through Michigan weather and keeps the shine very well. Just remember to let the sealant cure cause i didnt the very first time i applied a while back, still worked just wore off sooner than it does now.

But after i apply those I stand back and feel like this:

aww-yeah-meme.png

I live in a marine environment here in SoCal and the MSS and my ride (DD) lives outside, so it's black paint is exposed to the SoCal sun (the paint gets really hot) and the marine fogs, humidity etc. MSS is the go-to product for me, and it lasts months - I have seen it beading at 4+ months with nothing else over it. Long lasting stuff, and very shiny. I always put on sealant first, then top it with something else (usually BG then Americana). I figure that if the Americana fades, the MSS is still under there protecting the paint. It really is remarkable stuff.

Right now I am doing an experiment with the new Quick Sealant - results pending :)

I JUST knocked mine all the way off last week. That was Oct. 3 to March 9. 5 months of awesome. Started it over, because as in the last pic I posted of beading you could see it was finally starting to show some wear.

That kind of result in my environment is very comparable to MSS.

Mook

I JUST knocked mine all the way off last week. That was Oct. 3 to March 9. 5 months of awesome. Started it over, because as in the last pic I posted of beading you could see it was finally starting to show some wear.

That kind of result in my environment is very comparable to MSS.

Mook

I am about the same time frame. I may dribble some water on the hood this evening to check it . Last time I washed it the beads were 'going, going' but not quite 'gone'.

Archived