Customer Service 866.965.0400

Quick Sealant vs Brilliant Glaze

xlr8rvette

Question

Adams new QUICK sealant arrived today. Read can and watched video. Which product gives the better shine.... this sealant or Brilliant Glaze? Are they compatable? Is this also compatable with revive, Americana, Buttery Wax etc?

Its raining for the rest of the week so wont try for a few days. Will test on the C6 top that was recalled.

Thank you :)

Along the lines of his original question... Since I JUST got my first Dylan's products and thinking I knew what I was doing washing my car for 10 years :)

Lynn gave me the order to use the products.

Wash

Clay

(here is where I have questions)

I ordered the Brilliant Glaze as well as the Revive.... which order do those get used in? the only thing after that I have is the wax. Should I have got a sealer of some sort or will the wax do some sealing?

While Dylan is really helpful, they are Adam's products.

Super VRT for sure... I've seen those gfx in person and they're uncoated plastic.

Quick Sealant could be used, but SVRT provides a better look IMO and you'll use less product that way. Adam demonstrates using the QS on the cowling in that video to illustrate that it doesn't stain or discolor trim, but SVRT is still the best option for surfaces like that.

What he said :D With his Avalanche, he gets a good use of the SVRT. And it looks great

Along the lines of his original question... Since I JUST got my first Dylan's products and thinking I knew what I was doing washing my car for 10 years :)

Wash

Clay

I ordered the Brilliant Glaze as well as the Revive.... which order do those get used in? the only thing after that I have is the wax. Should I have got a sealer of some sort or will the wax do some sealing?

Along the lines of his original question... Since I JUST got my first Adam's products and thinking I knew what I was doing washing my car for 10 years :)

Wash

Clay

Strip wash

Clay

Revive, unless you have the hand polish kit, then you would go in order of the kit. Same as machine,, orange if needed, then revive.

Then you would go Spray Sealant if you have hit, let dry 1 minute wipe off. Then wait at least 30 more min for it set.

Then you would go Glaze and wax. Or Wax,, then top off with the glaze before you roll her out on the road.

:thumbsup:

Wash

Clay

Revive is a polish, so that would be then next step.

BG is a glaze and can go under or over the wax. If it is applied over the wax, it will only last a week or so. If it is under (BG first, then wax), it should last a month.

Waxes and sealants both protect the paint. The sealant does just that, seals to the paint, and should last longer than a wax. The wax sits on top of the paint. BG provides no protection.

Does that help? If not, please ask again, we are here to demystify!

While Dylan is really helpful, they are Adam's products.

Whoops, thanks for the correction...... I have no idea why i typed that.

They aren't kidding when I read on here how helpful everyone is...

This is what I just ordered for my first order from them. Also, I was just reading on the strip wash... From what I read it was 2oz of all purpose cleaner and shampoo correct? Also from what I read its done in the 2 bucket system as well? After strip wash, onto the next step?

Once again, I hate knowing for 10 years that I have been washing my cars all wrong and its time to get them both right since they have fresh paint.

Do I need to get the sealer coming or is it not really a necessity?

I appreciate all the help. I need to get back to reading more on the forum as well as get my post made for what my car is in the cars forum. So much to do.

Adam's All Purpose Cleaner-36 oz

Adam's Complete 2 Bucket Car Wash Kit

Adam's Premium Shine Kit

Adam's Detailing Clay Bar

Adam's Revive Fine Hand Polish-16oz.

Adam's BLUE Hex-Grip Polish Applicator-1 Pack

Adam's Basic Tire & Wheel Care Kit

Whoops, thanks for the correction...... I have no idea why i typed that.

They aren't kidding when I read on here how helpful everyone is...

This is what I just ordered for my first order from them. Also, I was just reading on the strip wash... From what I read it was 2oz of all purpose cleaner and shampoo correct? Also from what I read its done in the 2 bucket system as well? After strip wash, onto the next step?

Once again, I hate knowing for 10 years that I have been washing my cars all wrong and its time to get them both right since they have fresh paint.

Do I need to get the sealer coming or is it not really a necessity?

I appreciate all the help. I need to get back to reading more on the forum as well as get my post made for what my car is in the cars forum. So much to do.

Adam's All Purpose Cleaner-36 oz

Adam's Complete 2 Bucket Car Wash Kit

Adam's Premium Shine Kit

Adam's Detailing Clay Bar

Adam's Revive Fine Hand Polish-16oz.

Adam's BLUE Hex-Grip Polish Applicator-1 Pack

Adam's Basic Tire & Wheel Care Kit

I would get the Spray Sealant. Not mandatory, but it will help you out.

Make sure you got enough applicators

Enough towels, Espically double soft.

Glass cleaner and Glass towells are amazing also.

You will find out you can use these products for household use also. I keep a bottle of glass cleaner, a bottle of the APC in the house.

Get what you can afford to get,,, learn the products then add on when you can. Have fun with them... Nothing more relaxing to me then detailing the car and having a cold brew and some jams cranking in the garage.

:patriot::cheers:

I would get the Spray Sealant. Not mandatory, but it will help you out.

Make sure you got enough applicators

Enough towels, Espically double soft.

Glass cleaner and Glass towells are amazing also.

You will find out you can use these products for household use also. I keep a bottle of glass cleaner, a bottle of the APC in the house.

Get what you can afford to get,,, learn the products then add on when you can. Have fun with them... Nothing more relaxing to me then detailing the car and having a cold brew and some jams cranking in the garage.

:patriot::cheers:

Yeah I went with what I felt like affording at the time. I think for this first time I might skip the sealant and get some more funds. Finishing the car at the moment takes priority over cleaning it even more. I went from spending $50 for car soap, wax, and towels to a $&*% ton more cash for products. Results will be worth it.

Im sure after wash #1 I can look at what I have and what I need, how much to use. All that stuff. I might look into ordering some measuring stuff just to get consistency in amount of products.

Yeah I went with what I felt like affording at the time. I think for this first time I might skip the sealant and get some more funds. Finishing the car at the moment takes priority over cleaning it even more. I went from spending $50 for car soap, wax, and towels to a $&*% ton more cash for products. Results will be worth it.

Im sure after wash #1 I can look at what I have and what I need, how much to use. All that stuff. I might look into ordering some measuring stuff just to get consistency in amount of products.

your on the right track. The initial cost is high to get all the things you want or need. Then you can just get gallon refills for the most part. Keep an eye out for the daily specials they will help out alot.

I just got the spray sealant couple weeks back,, used it lastnight on my truck. we got the dreaded love bugs here, so when that season starts up, I will keep the sealant on the front part of the truck the bugs collect on.

Once you get the cars to where you want them, it will be easier to maintain them. It does not take alot of product to detail, unless you are doing a business on the side. Post some photos once you get going and keep up with the forum.

:2thumbs::patriot:

your on the right track. The initial cost is high to get all the things you want or need. Then you can just get gallon refills for the most part. Keep an eye out for the daily specials they will help out alot.

I just got the spray sealant couple weeks back,, used it lastnight on my truck. we got the dreaded love bugs here, so when that season starts up, I will keep the sealant on the front part of the truck the bugs collect on.

Once you get the cars to where you want them, it will be easier to maintain them. It does not take alot of product to detail, unless you are doing a business on the side. Post some photos once you get going and keep up with the forum.

:2thumbs::patriot:

thank you for the support. Im excited to do it right. Plenty of pics to follow once it happens. Going to go make my car thread now.

Oops! I did a detail on my own car today and did the Brilliant Glaze after the Swirl & haze and the Fine Machine Polish but before the Quick Sealant because I thought it helped to hide some minor imperfections. I then applied Americana paste wax as the final coat. The car looks incredible! but will it last ok? I thought you could use the Glaze before or after?

Oops! I did a detail on my own car today and did the Brilliant Glaze after the Swirl & haze and the Fine Machine Polish but before the Quick Sealant because I thought it helped to hide some minor imperfections. I then applied Americana paste wax as the final coat. The car looks incredible! but will it last ok? I thought you could use the Glaze before or after?

That should be fine Scott. Your process will allow the BG to last longer than if you applied it on top of the Americana.

Seems to be a conflict between post 3 and 5 ? Can someone please clarify?

Thanks

revive as a paint cleanser and will provide/produce "naked paint" or non contaminated paint, after use... you would then apply the sealant to the bare/naked/clean/non contaminated (whatever you want to call it) paint.

The QUICK sealant is a protectant, like a wax. It should last on the finish longer than a wax because it bonds to bare paint not just ride along on top.

The Glaze, is, well, a glaze. It will fill minor, and I mean minor imperfections to help your paint look even deeper and have more gloss than the sealant alone will do. The glaze won't last very long on your finish, it'll ride along on top of whatever it's on top of, not bond to it. Perhaps to the next wash, but that's about the extent the glaze will last. Unless you top it with the Buttery or Americana, then it will last until the wax is gone.

Compatable? Yes, as long as you use them in the proper order. What you listed would be:

Revive

Sealant

Glaze

Buttery or Americana

Some of the info found here would be helpful for you: http://www.adamsforums.com/forums/waxing-glazing-sealing/13636.htm

Most specifically this part:

SO HOW DO I CHOOSE THE RIGHT WAX FOR MY BLACK CAR?

Your Last Step Product (LSP) should be chosen based on your criteria for what you're trying to achieve. Below are some outlined characteristics to help you understand what each products strengths are.

•  
  • SEALANTS - Products like Adam's MSS or the soon to be introduced Spray Sealant are synthetic. They contain no naturally occurring 'wax' but many people will still refer to them as a wax. Sealants are typically more durable than a naturally occurring wax due to their overall higher melting point and detergent resistance. Products like these are typically the best choice for someone seeking the longest lasting protection for their paint. Sealants are also typically known for very bright, reflective, mirror like, shines. They tend to lack the depth/wetness of a natural wax but still give very intensely reflective shine.

• GLAZES - Products like Adam's BG are excellent for enhancing gloss on a finish and are actually made using some carnuba wax. The drawback is that due to their composition glazes are not intended to provide protection. They are highly susceptible to heat and detergents, meaning that glazes alone, though good for paint enhancement in a hurry, are not long term solutions for protection. Use glazes in conjunction with sealants or waxes for better results and protection.

• BASIC CARNUBA - This is a term that is very familiar to most detailing enthusiasts and car nuts in general, but its also widely misunderstood. Carnuba is a naturally occurring wax harvested from a variety of different palms and can come in varying grades. Typically the quality/grade of the wax dictates the durability, ease of application, and how it will enhance a cars finish. Liquid waxes on average utilize a lower grade yellow carnuba, which is relatively inexpensive and generally easy to apply. Adam's Buttery Wax for example utilizes these types of waxes, blended with other ingredients resulting in an easy to apply, easy to remove, 'quick' liquid wax. The trade off for these characteristics are lowered heat/detergent resistance and slightly less enhancement to the paint as compared to waxes made with higher grade carnuba.

• PREMIUM CARNUBA - On the other hand Adam's Americana Paste Wax is comprised of the highest grade of carnuba available. This specific type of carnuba is chosen for its higher heat and detergent resistance. In addition with the physical particles of wax being substantially larger than its lower grade cousins this wax will provide more enhancement of depth and gloss on dark paint. These characteristics are more exaggerated on black and dark colors, but are present on any color the wax is applied to.

In the end, what I hope you take away from this thread, is that the choice of 'wax' has very little to do with the color of the vehicle and more about what you're trying to achieve. Waxes can only do so much to enhance whats there, proper paint correction and prep do more for black than wax can. A wax is meant first to serve as a layer of protection and secondly a way to enhance the characteristics of the color a small amount. So choose your last step product (sealant, glaze, wax, or a combination) based on what your primary goal is - If you're all about protection go with the sealant. If kicking that gloss up just a little is your goal, then carnuba is the way to go! Also don't be afraid to experiment to find your shine.... as much as detailing is a process, its very much an art, and like art very much subjective. Find the product(s) you think make your car look best and enjoy!

Sealants v. Glazes is really an apples and oranges comparison... 2 products for very different purposes. Glaze is a beauty product, pure and simple... doesn't last long, doesn't protect. Sealants on the other hand are the best protection you can provide. High detergent and heat resistance and molecular bonds formed with the surface they're applied to mean they'll withstand sun, UV rays, multiple washes, rain, etc.

Seems to be a conflict between post 3 and 5 ? Can someone please clarify?

Thanks

Look the same to me! Revive is a polish... Absolutely nothing left behind but bare paint when you remove it.

Chris

Archived