Customer Service 866.965.0400

G8 fans might like this...or not.

bjoeaull

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Threads like these come up like every month or so on the G8 forum. There's a guy who's taking salvage title G8s and combining them with ute bodies imported from Australia. It's a cool car and I'm sure the guy does great work, but it's always going to have a salvage title.

Threads like these come up like every month or so on the G8 forum. There's a guy who's taking salvage title G8s and combining them with ute bodies imported from Australia. It's a cool car and I'm sure the guy does great work, but it's always going to have a salvage title.

Yup. None of these were ever imported. They are all typically re-built wrecks.

I was reading a Car and Driver at the oil change place the other day, from 2008, LOL, the one with the "new ZR1" :lol:, and they had Pontiac announcing both the Truck version and the Wagon version coming to the USA....then Pontiac got hit by a bus. :(

I still think the G8 was one of the best cars to come along in YEARS.

I want one. bad. :lol:

I was reading a Car and Driver at the oil change place the other day, from 2008, LOL, the one with the "new ZR1" :lol:, and they had Pontiac announcing both the Truck version and the Wagon version coming to the USA....then Pontiac got hit by a bus. :(

I still think the G8 was one of the best cars to come along in YEARS.

I want one. bad. :lol:

They nixed the truck before Pontiac died though. How many people do you think would buy one? A 2 seat truck that can't really tow anything or hold any substantial load? There's a reason the Ranchero, El Camino, and Chevy S.S.R. (dot's added to stop it from making it a polish) aren't around anymore. Americans buy big huge gas guzzling trucks. 50% of them use them as trucks, the other 50% have small shvantz's... :lolsmack:

I think GM figured it out before it was too late.

I really love my G8 and the news that Chevy is looking to come out with something to replace it, has me hoping and praying it isn't the body style and size of the new Caprice cop car. G8 size and a cool SS look... I average 22mpg in mixed driving in the summer and for a 400bhp car, that's pretty good.

I love that Car, and would rock one in a second if I could!

My dad fell in love with them in Australia and has said that if they bring a High Performance Version of that to the stats, he would get rid of his M3 and buy one of those ASAP.

Everything i read is that you can find conversion kits for G8s to make one yourself.

BTW that is not exactly the Maloo. Holden makes the UTE which is comes with the v6 or the 6.0. The Maloo is made by Holden Specialty Vehicles (HSV) and has the 6.2 LS3. The Maloo is like the Shelby Mustang sold through Holden but built buy HSV

I'm completely confused as to why GM has never attempted to bring the Holden or Vauxhall badge here to the states. Even if they did it in a limited capacity with things like the Maloo, VXR, etc and marketed it to the muscle car market.

With the popularity of Camaro's, Mustangs, Challengers, Chargers, etc I think there'd be a real interest. Pontiac just started doing things right a little ahead of the curve IMO... the G8 is/was a phenomenal car - just a case of bad timing proceeded by years of less than exciting cars.

I'm completely confused as to why GM has never attempted to bring the Holden or Vauxhall badge here to the states. Even if they did it in a limited capacity with things like the Maloo, VXR, etc and marketed it to the muscle car market.

With the popularity of Camaro's, Mustangs, Challengers, Chargers, etc I think there'd be a real interest. Pontiac just started doing things right a little ahead of the curve IMO... the G8 is/was a phenomenal car - just a case of bad timing proceeded by years of less than exciting cars.

I totaly Agree with you! GM needs more performance options more than the Camaro and Corvette. Vaxhaull has the Insignia VXR with its AWD and a 2.8V6 TT with 320hp (the insignia is the same car as the Buick Regal)

Hopefully Good News Though:

Has Chevrolet Just Confirmed a Civilian Caprice PPV for 2013? - WOT on Motor Trend

I really hope they bring the Holden over to the states again this time in Chevy form:xfingers:

Archived