Customer Service 866.965.0400

color coordination is an Adam's nicety

camaro

Question

21 answers to this question

Are Adam's customers REALLY that brain dead? No other vendor color codes their correction process (they do tell you recommended pads to use) so Adam's has made the correction process a little too brainless...

To change the color I would guess might mean a change in price... I'm fine with the pads as is...

Red dyes would stain light colored surfaces... red is one of the worst dye colors to work with. As far as the color coordination... its primarily used for the exterior polishing products as thats where the most confusion exists.

Its not like we need to make a clear plastic carpet brush b/c the carpet cleaner is clear. Get where I'm going?

Excellent point sir. Not that I'm unsatisfied with the way things are, but would color-coding the lid spouts be something to think about?

With all the numerous pads and applicators in my collection I usually mark a tiny 2 letter abbreviation on them with a marker for which products I've used on them. I don't do this with the PC polishing pads though. I keep all my foam blocks for my VRT, and the tire applicator as well. All the Americana applicators I have I mark BG, QS, RP, APW and so on.

The red interior pads I have are only used with the Leather Conditioner.

I do the same thing with mine. I have an organized storage unit dedicated to my microfiber towels and applicators.:thumbsup:

Are Adam's customers REALLY that brain dead? No other vendor color codes their correction process (they do tell you recommended pads to use) so Adam's has made the correction process a little too brainless...

For someone that has never used a machine polisher it is one less thing to worry about. If you have the chance to work a show with an Adam's dealer you will see how scared people are of putting a machine on their paint. The color matching does the polish and pad selection for you, and now you just work on technique.

To change the color I would guess might mean a change in price... I'm fine with the pads as is...

198020-neil-degrasse-tyson-reaction1.jpeg

A red-dyed conditioner would work well in my car, and probably only my car, becuase it is red leather. Right up until I wear a white shirt.:willy:

The interior pads are about shape and function, not the color. Half the time I do not use the recomended applicator. Heck, I don't even own a red applicator. I modify the black block sponges into the shapes I need.

Or make the leather conditioner red :pc:

Red dyes would stain light colored surfaces... red is one of the worst dye colors to work with. As far as the color coordination... its primarily used for the exterior polishing products as thats where the most confusion exists.

Its not like we need to make a clear plastic carpet brush b/c the carpet cleaner is clear. Get where I'm going?

With all the numerous pads and applicators in my collection I usually mark a tiny 2 letter abbreviation on them with a marker for which products I've used on them. I don't do this with the PC polishing pads though. I keep all my foam blocks for my VRT, and the tire applicator as well. All the Americana applicators I have I mark BG, QS, RP, APW and so on.

The red interior pads I have are only used with the Leather Conditioner.

You guys realize a Red dye would dye just about anything it touched :lol:

Adam's new Red Leather Seat Maker and Conditioner!

:lolsmack:

I think the new Glazing Pad coming out is red....I mean, I may or may not have seen or used one...

Mook

Just wondering

shouldn't the leather conditioner applicators be the same color as the chemical, instead of red?

Not a bad idea, but another orange pad might be confusing. As the others said, the color-coding is really just for the polishes & MSS, since that is the most confusing part due to the different levels of aggressiveness.

When I worked the Camaro Rally a few weeks ago this was one of the selling points for the Adam's products. I would tell the customers that "you don't have to figure out which color pad to use with each (other vendors) black bottle. Match the pad with the product color and you are set". Puddin' simple!

The orange foam is firm and the red foam is the softest that Adams has. Would you want an aggressive foam rubbing up against your interior? I know I wouldn't... Plus, the color coded system is only for the paint. Do you also think that the Americana applicator should be clear/white since you use that to apply Americana and Brilliant glaze? The matching product with applicator is mainly for the correction process so it makes it easier for anyone to know what product to use with what pad.

Archived