Customer Service 866.965.0400

What does your house look like?

Maxspeed

• 4 weeks later...

been here a little over a month now, and they FINALLY got the wrought iron in! now we can get some patio furniture on the deck!

in the mean time, i've had 3 plants replaced that didn't survive (still waiting on them to come in), the subsurface irrigation tubes replaced with bubblers and micro-lines to feed the plants more water, living room fan replaced (remote won't work, still waiting on new one), and the A/C condensing unit replaced due to either a power surge or part defect (still under investigation) i hope that's all for a long while!!!

1c5b9d3e.jpg

842e7898.jpg

its normally clear skies, dry, and 100 degrees, but we've got a tropical system rolling through the past 2 days.

Edited by 2010TexasEdition

My friend did his by himself, hooked it up to an electric timer and it cost a couple hundred (minus the timer).

Couple Hundred????:willy: He must not have much. Mine was about eleven hundred, just for parts, and I did all the work. It was 200 just to rent the machine for a day that I used to do all the trench work.

• 1 year later...

Well since someone revived this thread, I'll play along...the top one is our current house which we will be selling in 3 days, I'm really going to miss our back deck! The second is our CO house we close on on Aug 16... The exterior color will change on the second house...

post-8474-0-54853400-1376284267_thumb.jpg

post-8474-0-42444500-1376284277_thumb.jpg

post-8474-0-93048200-1376284284_thumb.jpg

Well since someone revived this thread, I'll play along...the top one is our current house which we will be selling in 3 days, I'm really going to miss our back deck! The second is our CO house we close on on Aug 16... The exterior color will change on the second house...

Looks good!  When you paint it, whip the hoop off!  That just draws the eye to it IMO.  

Good luck!  Looks like a nice house. 

Looks good!  When you paint it, whip the hoop off!  That just draws the eye to it IMO.  

Good luck!  Looks like a nice house.

That's the one of the first thing I'm doing once we're somewhat settled. Then tear up the rock, plant grass, and buy a lawn mower.. - I hate rock! Thanks for looking

That's the one of the first thing I'm doing once we're somewhat settled. Then tear up the rock, plant grass, and buy a lawn mower.. - I hate rock! Thanks for looking

Rock has its place...  Live with it a while to make sure it's not there for a reason.  I'm a mulch man myself...  Rock is horrible at holding moisture in, blocking weeds, and it bakes the ground.  I do however have rock all the way in the back against our fence.  Since we are at the bottom of the hill all the water runs through our yard so I had a trench dug and filled back there.  Worked great!  I can't see the rock because we had a berm installed in front of it with plants and trees.  

I'm a yard geek....  You should see my grass right now.  It looks like carpet.  Hehehe...  It's a hobby I can do and stay home with the family. 

Rock has its place...  I can't see the rock because we had a berm installed in front of it with plants and trees.  

I'm a yard geek....  You should see my grass right now.  It looks like carpet.  Hehehe...  It's a hobby I can do and stay home with the family.

My dog would love to take a large you know what on your plush grass. but yes, I agree rock has its place. The people we're buying it from put red rock in nearly half the back yard and it looks terrible. I don't have a pic, but will post one once its ours. Once I found out we were moving I told the lawn guy to come once every two weeks and not to worry about anything else. We have so many weeds growing, but we close in two days. So eh it's no longer my problem. On a positive note...we will be investing in a lawn mower in the coming weeks. :)

My dog would love to take a large you know what on your plush grass. but yes, I agree rock has its place. The people we're buying it from put red rock in nearly half the back yard and it looks terrible. I don't have a pic, but will post one once its ours. Once I found out we were moving I told the lawn guy to come once every two weeks and not to worry about anything else. We have so many weeds growing, but we close in two days. So eh it's no longer my problem. On a positive note...we will be investing in a lawn mower in the coming weeks. :)

If you can wing the cost of it, look at a Honda.  FREAKING LOVE MINE! 

Oh and my 78lb Golden loves doing you know what on my lawn! 

The houses you guys have are huge. I only live in a 1700sq feet house and 6000sq feet LOT here in Vegas. 4 bedroom and 3 bathroom. Good location and NO HOA! I bought my house when the market was down in 2010.

Edited by EPHIOS

The houses you guys have are huge. I only live in a 1700sq feet house and 6000sq feet LOT here in Vegas. 4 bedroom and 3 bathroom. Good location and NO HOA! I bought my house when the market was down in 2010.

Nothing wrong with smaller, John.  A lot less to clean.  I have a rambler with 2,000 on the main floor.  The wife wanted the basement finished which doubled the square footage.  Now nobody uses it except me...lol.  The older I get the smaller house I want and the more economical car I want.  I would have to move out of state though if I sold my home.  I'am partial to it as I was the general contractor and did a majority of the work.

i just read this thread and WOW some of these houses and the cost is just amazing.  I have a 4 bed 2 bath house in a better suburb and it cost me $310k.  Some of the real estate my wife and i see from the U.S just makes us drool.  I have always wondered why it is so cheap.

i just installed a TV on our back patio... we're ready to stat watching some football, doing some swimming, grilling some meat... its going to be a great fall!

null_zpsbce76c14.jpg

a 40" or 46" will be out there soon. we opted to get a bigger one in the bedroom and put the old one outside for now.

Edited by 2010TexasEdition