Customer Service 866.965.0400

What does your house look like?

Maxspeed

so we found our first home! almost move in ready :D

it'll be done mid-june! its a modern craftsman style home with a walk around front porch, 4 bed, 3 bath, 3 car garage!!!! granite, wood, carpet and tile throughout, stainless appliances, R/O water system, it'll be energy-star rated, its across the street from the neighborhood park, 1 or 2 blocks from a future elementary school, and 5 minutes from our office!!!

a3f7163d.jpg

we took more pics with our good camera but won't get to upload them until tomorrow night. right now they're putting in the sheet rock and roof. we only got to see samples of the stuff not installed yet but we absolutely love it and don't want to change a thing!

I'm afraid to post mine..

when we moved in

29960_384631567313_558222313_4043983_7170188_n.jpg

29960_384647057313_918922_n.jpg

I'll have to get some updated pics as I get the front yard looking better, ditto for the back yard.. lol

Thank you! $329,900

We paid $340K for ours.. :(

Here is mine. Not a very good pic. I may post up a better pic later on. Went looking for pictures of the pad and really couldn't find any. Pictures of the house were done before digital cameras. Found this one and scanned it in. This was taken shortly after construction was done. I was the general contractor. Did a lot of the work myself and hired a few subs to speed things along. Took me 7 and half months. Here is some of what I did.

Marked the hole for digging. Framing. Finish woodwork, doors, trim, etc. Some tile. Hung the cabinets. Insulation. Painting. Some of the roof. Found someone to finish the roof. Too many pokers in the fire and finishing of the roof was holding up progress to continue with interior work. Some cement work. Garage looks like a 2 car, but actually runs the width of the house.

When it came to the basement I finished it all. Framing, Electrical, Plumbing, HVAC, Insulation, Sheetrock, Painting, Finish Carpentry. Only paid someone to lay carpet. Time wasn't an issue as it was with initial construction. None of it is hard. Just some proper tools and patients.

HP0001-1.jpg

I'm afraid to post mine..

I'll have to get some updated pics as I get the front yard looking better, ditto for the back yard.. lol

We paid $340K for ours.. :(

Dude your house is nothing to be ashamed about, I would choose yours over the McMansions I work in any day of the week :2thumbs: nice house :)

Congrats Ryan ! That's awesome man

Dude your house is nothing to be ashamed about, I would choose yours over the McMansions I work in any day of the week :2thumbs: nice house :)

:iagree: When it comes time for retirement and moving to a place where it doesn't snow. Smaller is going to be the ticket. Big is just more to clean and maintain. The older I get the more simple I want things.

:iagree: When it comes time for retirement and moving to a place where it doesn't snow. Smaller is going to be the ticket. Big is just more to clean and maintain. The older I get the more simple I want things.

im 22 years old and cannot stand working in huge homes let alone the thought of living in one. i think i have been in one 10k sq foot house that was nicely decorated and looked like people lived there.

98.9% of the homes i deal with are empty, except for kitchen/den furniture. most of them dont even have a formal dining room set. one house was easily worth 2 million dollars, lived there for 3 years and had a card table with folding chairs as their dinning room :loser: no lie :lolsmack:

i cannot figure it out, let alone how much it must cost to heat/cool the place

My dream house is what AudiOX posted, but i whole heatedly plan on building a small 2600 sq. foot Williamsburg replica home (william poole design) with a detached garage on 2 acres of land. I hope this will be my first/last home one day :) pretty much this house with some minor modification and a small porch William E Poole Designs - George Reid House

thanks guys!

and on the water bill subject, Midland has a water restriction right now. people are only allowed to water there lawn/landscaping one hour a day BY HAND! people are getting tickets for over usage, and starting in April, if you use more than 10,000 gallons per month, they're going to charge $19 per gallon!

we haven't decided yet, but we might opt to not have them put the grass in, which they've done for a few houses, because there's the chance it will die. our other option is what they call zeroscaping, like what you'd see in arizona or new mexico. some people are even doing astro turf, which runs about $7 per sqft!!!

it'll be interesting when it comes time to wash cars :willy: i'll be doing it at midnight in the garage with the doors closed LOL! there's hope though, they're supposedly about to start drilling a bunch of water wells from a nearby aquifer and build a pipeline to help supply the town.