Customer Service 866.965.0400

What does your house look like?

Maxspeed

Wow, this makes me realize that I don't really have any pics of my home! I will take some this year though.

+1

i live in a house that i own in Baltimore MD and i own rental properties in Brooklyn and Queens NY.

Beautiful homes posted, i'm a city dude at heart but really enjoy landscape/concrete free living lol.

i wish this one was a wee bit cheaper!

2504 Texland Cir, Midland, TX 79705 MLS# 87779 - Zillow

nicest house for sale where we're moving.

Hahaha... Right?

We looked at homes in the million plus just to see what you got. It usually meant more woodwork and sqft. Our house has beautiful painted out (our preference) woodwork, but it's not huge.

Pictures I took before we moved in... Looks weird without anything in it.

One thing I did when we moved in was use craft paper on the rolls and covered the floors and taped it down with blue painters tape so that the men moving the stuff in with dollies, wouldn't harm the floor. Something for you to think about if/when you get there.

Oh and I'm going to tear out the banister and railing going upstairs. It doesn't work for me in the house. I'm thinking something with rot iron banisters and less colonial. (Yes, I'm OCD)

Edited by Chewy

I wish that I didn't have a ton of Cottonwood Trees around my neighborhood. I would love an in ground pool but I would either have to have it enclosed or keep a cover on it for about 3-4 weeks in June.

I suppose I am glad we have a boat.

Love the pics everyone. :2thumbs:

I wish that I didn't have a ton of Cottonwood Trees around my neighborhood. I would love an in ground pool but I would either have to have it enclosed or keep a cover on it for about 3-4 weeks in June.

I suppose I am glad we have a boat.

Love the pics everyone. :2thumbs:

It's unlawful here to plant them anymore. That DOESN'T keep mother nature from doing it though. lol

Guest Sarah@Adams
Wow Lynn, when's the pool party?!?

Yaaa Baby,:banana: I am so there!

I think it should be am Adam's Customer Appreciation party. :cheers:

Sounds good to me, the keg is about 15' from the pool. :cheers:

Guest Sarah@Adams
Adams must pay well...Dylan and Lynn with amazing houses!

You mean work us hard? :jester:

Adam treats his entire staff very well but we also owe some credit to our spouses who contribute as well.

Lynn, you must live in one of the nicer subdivisions out there. a lot of our friends are starting to buy houses, and i'm disappointed with all the low value homes the further out of Houston you go off of 290. especially the ones closer to the freeway. it attracts the wrong people IMO. even the value of the homes in my parents neighborhood have gone down and my dad wants to move. a lot of break ins in their neighborhood since the housing bust.

if we were staying in Houston, i'd be looking in your neighborhood :D

i just wish Midland wasn't in their own bubble out in the middle of nowhere with the outrageous property values out there! and its all driven by the oil price.

Edited by Chewy

You mean work us hard? :jester:

Adam treats his entire staff very well but we also owe some credit to our spouses who contribute as well.

Agreed. My lovely wife works full time to help us afford what we have. She has a "real" job as head of HR for a city while I just hang out online and play with car wax :D

Agreed. My lovely wife works full time to help us afford what we have. She has a "real" job as head of HR for a city while I just hang out online and play with car wax :D

Where would we be without our wives. When we got married I moved into my wife's condo, so she pays the morgage and other expenses. She has a great great job with Lockheed. It affords me the opportunity to pursue my business, and hang out online and play with other people's cars.

:drool::drool::drool:

You sir have my dream house, Gorgeous man! loving the cedar eves :2thumbs:

:drool: :drool:

Thanks. We love it, too. The original spec plan was stucco which we didn't care for and it didn't fit the neighborhood. So I redesigned a lot of the house inside and out; I'm sure the builder got tired of me.

I updated the facade with the stone, siding, and cedar shake, plus added the third garage and front porch.

Then we added a bunch of tweaks to the inside and redid the entire kitchen layout.

Here's my initial kitchen sketch and some of the near completion shots:

(My wife and I basically scanned through a bunch of kitchen design magazines and made notes of features we liked.)

KitchenIsometric.JPG

PC160194.JPG

PC160196.JPG

PC160192.JPG

p.s. folks always ask: what's that raised up next to the sink?

That's the dishwasher. We raised it a foot for easier load/unload. It's very convenient. I moved the cooktop off the island to maximize island counterspace since we were losing some by raising the DW.

Edited by AudiOx