Customer Service 866.965.0400

Save the manuals facebook page

3PedalMINI

im not a huge facebooker but i know how much big corporations look to facebook as a free test of the market. Hopefully this gets the word out about saving the manuals for us enthusiasts. i know sales dont lie but Audi has forever lost a customer by not offering manuals after the 2013 model years. BMW has guaranteed them available up until 2014 then it will be a crapshoot after that. Ford/chevy has also guaranteed manuals until the 2014 model years and after that will be re determined. nissan is the 5th manufacture manuals after 2014 :willy:

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Save-the-Manuals/125741200803024

This is sickning :(

Mini has also been very aggressive with a "save the manual" campaign and questioning buyers who want to order automatics. This is great IMO and more manufactures need to follow Minis lead. :thumbsup:

after driving a 6 speed audi A4 tonight I couldnt eve imagine driving that car in automatic. it is just so much more fun with a manual!

audi has always had the absolute BEST clutch/shifter feel. Its unmatched IMO. How it glides into the gear is simply amazing. close behind them is BMW followed by VW. words cannot describe how upset i am with audi. The TTrs is the very last RS audi that will be manual :(:mad:

i thought this was about owner's manuals that come with the car LOL!

i hope i get my manual vette before chevy ditches it!

GM confirmed manuals through 2015. it will be re evaluated then for following model years.

I don't like the paddle shifters. I just started driving manual and I love it. I really hope they don't totally eliminate them

isnt your genesis coupe manual? words cannot describe how much i HATE paddle shifters. So useless and un mechanical.

Companies like Porsche and Ferrari are eliminating clutch pedals in the name of quicker shifts and acting like the paddles are just as good. I think I speak for most who prefer to row their own when I say that one of the key appealing features is the engagement in the driving experience. In an automatic (especially in a modern car that goes to great lengths to isolate the driver from the outside environment), I feel like I'm just along for the ride. But when I'm working a clutch pedal and taking one hand off the wheel to select the next gear, I feel like I have some input/control in what the car is doing. And even if I'm controlling the gear changes with paddles, that feels like a video game.

/getoffmylawn

I've driven manual vehicles for so long I can't imagine driving any other way. Granted, all but the 350Z are automatics, but the Z is the car I drive the most and I thoroughly enjoy the feeling of being engaged with the driving experience of the vehicle. I love rowing through the gears, manually rev-matching during down shifts, and simply put, shifting when I damn well please. I will definitely like that page.

Archived