Customer Service 866.965.0400

Extreme before's of Engine bay and Adam perfect after's

JerseyGator

Question

I just drove my garage queen across country. From Jersey to Santa Monica. The drive out wasn't too bad. Paid for a detail in Cali that was fantastic.

But the return trip was a disaster! Went through snow and sleet in the painted desert in AZ. And rain and sand storms in NM. :willy:

Keep in mind that my engine looked like this before the trip...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S_L77CEJHr4]5.4 liter Shelby GT500 - YouTube[/ame]

Snow in AZ...

IMG_4064.jpg

IMG_4065.jpg

Sand storms in NM with 60mph winds! :eek:

IMG_4076-1.jpg

IMG_4074.jpg

Which resulted in the engine looking like this.... :help:

Video of whole car..

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mshacV4-71Q]Cross Country Dirt - YouTube[/ame]

Some pics of engine bay...

IMG_4165.jpg

IMG_4166.jpg

IMG_4167.jpg

IMG_4168.jpg

Removed the cowl and front grille to make easier access to bug guts and sand. :willy:

IMG_4174.jpg

IMG_4173.jpg

IMG_4176.jpg

IMG_4175.jpg

Adams to the rescue! :banana:

Especially In and Out spray!

IMG_4221.jpg

Video of whole engine detail..

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a2P6c3HLzSo]Winter Engine Detial part 2 - YouTube[/ame]

Pics... :bow:

IMG_4184.jpg

IMG_4204.jpg

IMG_4219.jpg

IMG_4193.jpg

IMG_4210.jpg

IMG_4212.jpg

IMG_4215.jpg

Thanks Adams! :rockon:

13 answers to this question

great turnaround! glad to see you actually drive and enjoy that beauty unlike a few people I know that dont even let their car outta the garage hardly to stretch its legs. good work!

Absolutely! It sure isn't a flower... The reason I drove it was to attend the Shelby 50th Bash in Vegas. To celebrate the 50 years since Carroll Shelby created the Cobra. Carroll was suppose to be in attendance. However, he took ill and couldn't attend. I was sooooo bummed. But was told by the president of Shelby American that Carroll would have been proud to see that I did drive it out. So many sissy's shipped theirs.

It was a trip of a lifetime. Took as many jaunts on rt 66 as I had the time for... Here's some pics. And of course my new sig pic in Joseph City, AZ.

Tucumcari, NM

IMG_3802.jpg

Gas Station in Tucumcari...

IMG_4079.jpg

Package store in Tucumcari...

IMG_4083.jpg

Wigwam Hotel in Holbrook, AZ

IMG_4047.jpg

IMG_4055.jpg

Fireworks out side Albuquerque, NM

IMG_3806.jpg

Big Texan... Amarillo, TX

IMG_3780.jpg

Nice turn around. It's great to see another mustang fan out enjoying there car. We did a road trip to south Dakota a few years back the car came back looking trashed and sadly a few rock chips. I guess that's the price you pay when you drive them.

Archived