Customer Service 866.965.0400

I have no idea what's what

camaro

Question

Hey guys

I recently starting using Adam's products in general & am having an epiphany in car care knowledge.

However, when it comes to MF towels I'm a dunce. Dylan's law states that if it has a tag, it's trash. I always thought the MF included in the otc clay bar kits were the ritz :(

I wish there was a store nearby that I could physically compare/contrast. I have no concept of how soft the Adam's MF are. Although I understand that my cheap-o MF are dangerous, they feel so soft already?!

What do you guys think?

21 answers to this question

I just use one side of the double soft then use my second one to come behind it and do a final wipe down to make sure I didn't miss any wax residue. So you could easily get away with 2 SS towels. I am getting 2 of them next order because they are thinner and I really am now obsessed with quality MF towels. I want a blanket made out of them.

Forum auto inputs DS when you try to abbreviate the towel without "."s.

I used to think the Single Soft was my favorite towel. However, lately I've really been reaching for the Doubles. If I can't afford a Caddy, I might as well use the Caddy of towels!

Is the SS inferior the the D S?

Not really, the Double Soft is two Single Softs sewn together.

The towels were my first experience with Adam's. A co-worker brought one in to work, and it was a 'holy cow' moment!

Jay, You would not believe the difference in Adam's Double Soft Microfiber Towel - 1 Towel & Adam's Single Soft Microfiber Towel - 1 Towel compared to cheap MF towels. Night and day!

I really only see myself using the double soft for removing the MSS and the waterless wash towel. I dont touch the car when drying (leaf blower)

Is the SS inferior the the DS?

Adam's MF towels are so good that I only use the cheap MF towels for cleaning any areas that have weather strips. Especially when I get those that are badly neglected and have tree debris that is molding. Ewww! I won't even use my black Adam's MF on that mess. Oh I also use the cheap ones for wiping my.....hands. What did you think I was going to say? Lol!

Trust in Adam's MF! I have the MF set of 8 in my cart right now. Best towels I've even used by far.

Droid X on CM4DX-GB (CM7) - via Tapatalk

The Adams towels are so soft, it'll make your knees weak. See if there is a distributor close to you who will let you get yours hands physically on one. Just make sure you bring your wallet too. You'll be buying some, guaranteed.

Remotely posted by XQIZT Automotive

Ya using cheap towels on paint is a really bad idea.

:iagree:

Before I found Adam's I was using the cheapo towels on my Bride's new vette, including those 'nice' towels that another brand would put into their clay bar kits... sigh... ended up having to correct much of the paint due to remove the micro scratches and swirls those cheapo towels createed. :help:

Adam's is a great company! Not only do they only sell the best products but they are also committed to making sure we have the education we need to have the right techniques too! :2thumbs:

I was in the same boat as you. I went to my local dealers and he was doing a little swirl removal on his vehicle. I had no intention of even looking at MF towels. I handed him his and immediately noticed a huge difference from the bulk cheapo towels I own. The nap is much deeper, it's much softer, it felt of a much higher quality. I will never use anything but higher grade MF towels on my paint again now that I know the difference. They were defiantly towards the top of my second order.

Adam's has a 110% guarantee if you are not impressed. The closest in store comparison I can think of is I feel like I might as well have been rubbing wax off with a bath towel before buying the mf towels from Adams. The difference in feel from a bath towel to a bulk MF towel is drastic, and the difference from a bulk MF to a quality MF towel is just the same amount of difference.

If you want a comparison, take your cheap-o MFs or go to a local store that sells them (Chain department stores like Walmart and Target will have them in the automotive isle). Rub on of these towels against the back of a blank CD. Only on one half. Then rub an Adam's MF towel on the other half. You will see the difference.

One portion of "Dylan's Law" has to do with the tag itself causing scratches. And once you take th tag off you compromise the towel, and create scratches.

Archived