Customer Service 866.965.0400

Bissell Little Green

camaro

Question

Not sure if it's that I don't really trust the rest of the internet OR that you guys have proven to me over and again that I can trust your advice so much....lol...but what's the Adam's consensus on using the Bissell Little Green portable steamer?

I have read that some folks here use it well with pre-treatment of Adam's CUC. Also, I haven't forgotten Dylan's epic thread on cleaning his home carpets.

I can grab a ProHeat model for at most $77 from Walmart ($87 roll-back with $10 manufacturer rebate). There is one I am eye-ing on eBay for even less, given folks don't run the price up at the end of the auction.

Any advice? Warnings?

Products11181-1300x1300-188534.jpg

14 answers to this question

Better than just hand cleaning... no where near the level of an actual extractor.

For the money and use by a hobbyist detailer its great... I'm finding the durability to be somewhat lacking. My 2nd one just bit the dust, heater quit working after about what I'd guess was its 20th interior, but for $100 I don't expect much.

Given that an actual extractor is going to set you back at least $600 the LGM is a great option.

I am pretty sure that people here like it also. Ive never used one but was thinking about getting one since everyone seems to like it for personal use.

Professional use NO!

Like Dylan said, for hobbyists use, YES!

It will not get dirty carpets/seats anywhere as clean as a commercial extractor would.

Also, it will take much longer to complete the job.

But, for the price it can serve a purpose.

Has anyone rented a pro machine, this seems like an option.

haven't but considered it. $40 + safety deposit from local grocery stores seems reasonable

but like these guys are saying, for the price the little green appears to be decent

You're not going to clean an automotive interior with the rug doctor from your local grocery store... totally not the right tool for the job and not capable of getting into the car like you need it to. They rarely have attachements, and if they do they're not very good.

A pro level machine is going to more closely resemble this:

Mytee Products, Inc.

I have the Auto Pro heat and got great results from buying a "preowned" car in the winter. It pulled so much dirt out aside from using the Adams Carpet cleaner. For what it is I am pleased.

You're not going to clean an automotive interior with the rug doctor from your local grocery store... totally not the right tool for the job and not capable of getting into the car like you need it to. They rarely have attachements, and if they do they're not very good.

A pro level machine is going to more closely resemble this:

Mytee Products, Inc.

and

I have the Auto Pro heat and got great results from buying a "preowned" car in the winter. It pulled so much dirt out aside from using the Adams Carpet cleaner. For what it is I am pleased.

reminds me of

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dNMAmhGrxR8]How To Steam Clean Car DIY - YouTube[/ame] ... where I got the idea

Archived