Customer Service 866.965.0400

utility towels are rough

camaro

Question

The utility towels feel like cotton compared to the cheap Home Depot MF I've been using. The Adam's utility towels say 100% paint safe but it sure doesn't feel like it & does NOT pass the Dylan CD test. Any ideas?

:confused:

18 answers to this question

i agree with Dylan, they are very grabby right out of the box. but not at all rough

wash them a couple times as Mook suggested and that should get rid of the static built into the towels! this will also get rid of some of the color that would otherwise transfer to something else in the wash.

If they are new there is absolutely no need to boil them in hot water and vinegar. Simply wash them a time or two in the washing machine. Our MFR (Microfiber Rejuvinator) is amazing for cleaning and caring of your towels. I spent a good portion of the last 6 months washing a lot of stuff with it.

Mook

...OH look, we are pouring it in Gallon Jugs now too...:thumbsup:

They are "grabby" and I don't like the feel of them until they have been washed a couple times (and I ALWAYS wash the utility towels by themselves... except for that one time when I ended up with some grayish blue waterless wash towels... :willy:)

I think a couple washes helps remove the excess dye and slightly softens them a bit and they feel better to me. These took time for me to figure out when and where to use them, though most of that was in my head cuz I initially didn't like the grabby feel.

:cheers:

thanks for the more thoughtful reply :cheers: I will vinegar boil the towels and then try them out (instructions anyone? how much vinegar do I use Dylan?)

I was also bewildered by the glass towel, which I have seen folks here say it pushes some streak around. My Adam's products novice is showing, I know lol

They are "grabby" and I don't like the feel of them until they have been washed a couple times (and I ALWAYS wash the utility towels by themselves... except for that one time when I ended up with some grayish blue waterless wash towels... :willy:)

I think a couple washes helps remove the excess dye and slightly softens them a bit and they feel better to me. These took time for me to figure out when and where to use them, though most of that was in my head cuz I initially didn't like the grabby feel.

:cheers:

passed the CD test for me a while back, its in your head if they feel like their not. They feel like sandpaper after ive been working with the double softs though. Im with dylan in saying they are grabby, but have never induced a scratch in my paint, i only use them for door jambs and under the hood though really.

Thanks for all the replies guys

Not sure what I am going to do

I have tested their safeness on a freshly corrected surface just to remove a bit of polishing film/haze. Generally, I use them for interior, door jams, engine, exhaust tips like most everyone else. I feel comfortable using them on paint. I'll test again on my next black vehicle.

you sir are a courageous man & I admire your dedication

Archived