Customer Service 866.965.0400

Worst paint you've seen

Krzdimond

Prior to a detail. Bad swirls? Watermarks? Dirt/mud?

I want to see the worst of the worst:rockon:

I'll start with my own car,

swirledhood.jpg

frontquarter.jpg

and my wife's (I was deployed for 15 months and the wife didn't even WASH it once!!)

100_1552.jpg

100_1551.jpg

and 3 hours later:

100_1556.jpg

OK, NEXT!!:drool::drool:

Patrick, Baja-ing (is that even a word??) in a 'Vette? Not bad, not bad at all:burnout:

Come to think of it, I've lived in Illinois for a while, and I don't remember EVER seeing a desert there:willy:

Keep 'em coming, people. SOMEBODY has to take their truck mud bogging:xfingers:

Robert

The worst is my '91 Formula that was painted at Van Nuys, CA. My mechanic was driving the car and said "The paint just came off the hood and went over the top of the car!" :help:

91Formula2006driversideviewa.jpg

and

twobirdsMay2006b.jpg

Here it is next to my nice Black '97 TA!

Right now it is getting a Superrammed stroker, T-56 and new Konis all around. Next will be the interior, then the paint!

Hey Patrick, have you ever been hit by two cars? ;)

front_1big.jpg

Yes, that is a bent axle and housing! I spun out in a blind area and got collected by two cars at about 60mph. Cars were hurt, not people though!

Car all fixed, great roll cage and subframe connectors preserved the tub very well. Doors were not even a bit affected!

backend_1big.jpg

Hey Patrick, have you ever been hit by two cars? ;)

OUCH! No, I can't say that i have, bro. And that wreck looks nasty!

After 16 road racing courses, 4 drag strips across 28 states in just the last 12 months, I have not hit another car... and neither has my race-star girlfriend! So, the cage hasn't been tested.

But, in 2009 both Becky and I will be on the same track, in different Corvettes... hope we always bring them home in one piece! Would suck to wreck both of them at once. hahahahaha I'd be a big --> :loser:

OUCH! No, I can't say that i have, bro. And that wreck looks nasty!

After 16 road racing courses, 4 drag strips across 28 states in just the last 12 months, I have not hit another car... and neither has my race-star girlfriend! So, the cage hasn't been tested.

But, in 2009 both Becky and I will be on the same track, in different Corvettes... hope we always bring them home in one piece! Would suck to wreck both of them at once. hahahahaha I'd be a big --> :loser:

That's bra! Currently I am the only female racing in my series out West! :hi: I've been racing in the Camaro-Mustang Challenge about 7-8 years.

This was sort of a NASCAR type thing were cars were pretty close together on the first lap and boom boom boom. This is the dice you roll when you go racin'! You start out concerned that you will hit someone, there is also a good chance someone will hit you when everyone is playing right on the edge of control. All I can say is make sure you don't let the "red mist" get ya where you are overdriving the car out of aggression/frustration. That's what I was doing here, the car had a problem and I was really frustrated with it, tried to make it do things it was not going to do.

Body contact sucks, not being professionals we can't afford to keep taking our cars to the body shop. Fortunately a good friend has a body shop and fixed the car for me for cheap, you cannot tell by the way it looks or drives it was in a crash. Our series really punishes stupid types of contact, that is the way it should be.

Drive safe, and I look forward to hearing about you guys and your adventures, probably over on Digital Vettes eh?