Customer Service 866.965.0400

Possible New Product Idea? Detailing Belt

Hi all. This is mainly directed for the Adam's crew but other input from users would be welcome if you would use or could use something like this.

I have been detailing for a while now and realized that I have a belt that does not have a buckle on it so when I lean over a car hood or fender, it does not scratch it. I have had this thing for about 8 years now since I picked it up when I got my first job at a chain car wash place. I know a lot of us use belts in some capacity so I just wondered if there would be a 'Detailers Belt' if you will that is made in the USA. Just something I thought I would put out there for a possible future idea. I'm not an apron wearing guy since I have a bunch of old shirts that I use for detailing that are very comfortable.

If one already exists please let me know and I'll pick one up!

I just wear sweat or yoga pants ? that is a great idea tho!

OMG... Had to make sure you were a woman... ;)

I wear shorts most of the time, so that may look a bit odd with a belt on.

Wear sweat pants...problem solved!

I wear Carhartt work shorts because they are comfortable, have pockets and can take some abuse. I do this as a side job and want to remain as professional looking as possible. Plus wearing sweatpants when detailing, especially when doing wet work, isn't fun. For me at least it isn't but stay focused!!!! :D

I may not have a fancy garage setup yet but I always try to appear professional to even people that walk by. It's just a habit of mine I guess.

i have seen buckle-less belts that used velcro in place of the buckle.

my friend wears his belt one set of loops over, so the buckle is not in the center of the pants. looks strange at first, but he says he has never scratched paint on hoods or fenders.

I just wear sweat or yoga pants ? that is a great idea tho!

as a college student, yoga pantss ftw! haha. only for girls detailing their cars though, no guys ewwwww. but for real I just use a custom microfiber apron I made cause i was afraid of this very thing, there are a few out there but you can get the microfiber cheap and my girlfriend sewed it :D. there are a few people that make them and im sure people have seen them, also know this wasnt the point of this thread, ill just go away and think about yoga pants.. :D:jester:

If there's a Detailer's Belt, it better come with a sidekick and some cool gadgets, Batman!

:D

One of those hooks on the string. You know your at the front of the car,, cart is at the back of the car. You realize you left the Detail Spray on the cart. Throw the Bat-Hook, it hooks the DS and brings it back to you,

Oh Wait :snap: That is my wifes job.... I hope she dont read this.. :lolsmack:

Have a link or product part number?

Try a search for 'buckleless belts' - lots of options, including ones with rubber "D" rings instead of a buckle.

Archived