Customer Service 866.965.0400

Favorite Non-Detailing Tool Used For Detailing

boilers38

Question

I had to bite the bullet and get some wireless over ear headphones. Went with Klipsch.

Holy Moly are they KILLER!

Thanks for the idea, I have wireless noise canceling ones from Parrot, never thought of using them when detailing.

I use this as my Master Blaster.

redmax-ebz7500-2e2027a5.png

65 cc, 3.9 hp, 236 mph.  Doubles as a finisher for my landscaping duties of my 2 acres that I cut with my 52" Scag walk behind mower every week.  Go around the cars once with that, and its off to the Detail spray and drying towel!  Also works great on the engine bay, after I rinse off all APC I step on a small ladder and shoot the air down to blast out the standing water in the engine bay :)

I use this as my Master Blaster.

redmax-ebz7500-2e2027a5.png

65 cc, 3.9 hp, 236 mph.  Doubles as a finisher for my landscaping duties of my 2 acres that I cut with my 52" Scag walk behind mower every week.  Go around the cars once with that, and its off to the Detail spray and drying towel!  Also works great on the engine bay, after I rinse off all APC I step on a small ladder and shoot the air down to blast out the standing water in the engine bay :)

Does that shoot oil out of the spout?  I know some of those babies do.

I JUST picked up a pretty killer Headlamp at Home Depot a couple weeks back.  $15 and I can now see the car's soul.

I'm sure some older, not well maintained ones  or ones that run way too much 2 cycle oil might, but I've been using this particular model RedMax for 10 years now, used to use them when I was in the business, then when I bought my house last year I bought a brand new one for my property.  Doesn't shoot any oil mist, spit, nothing.  I blow leaves, dirt, grass off of myself after working outside, no problems there either, so I'd say it gets the "stamp of approval".  You should have seen my wife's face the first time I told her "I was washing her car and cleaning the engine" and then 30 minutes later she hears the blower going, she runs out like "I thought you were cleaning my car not cutting the grass!"

If you look at the hole on the rear of the red piece that looks like a square, that covers the exhaust for the carb/engine, I'd assume if any oil was being "spit" it would be out of there.  But as long as you're mixed a proper 50:1 mix I don't think you would actually blow out oil, unless you purposely increased the mixture or were so far off that the engine couldn't combust the fuel/oil mix in the tank and blew out the excess unburnt oil.  Then we'd be talking major issues on a $500 piece of equipment LOL :)

I like the foam tip makeup applicators for cleaning the fuzzy lining that touches the outside of the window glass.  When they get gunk down in them, raising and lowering the window puts quick streaks in the window.  A little APC on one and slide it in on the glass , and the rub back and forth just before washing, and it cleans them up nicely.

I get gloves from my wife (works at a surgery center in the materials dept), I get medical masks (when dust is too much and I'm a little under the weather with a sore throat) from her, I get my foam block applicators from the 2x2' packing foam (egg carton style) she brings home from work (i have tons), she brings me long q-tip swabs, wooden with cotton on one end, but Mook already beat me to my primary non-detailing tool that gets the job done faster and helps me focus -

My stereo in my garage.

I have a 1000 sf detached double garage that I have to fill with everything from old school Rush, to Chimaira and Inhale/Exhale while I detail. Without that, the job would NEVER get finished right.

+1 on the music.

Nice! Loving the Chimaera! Add a side of Slipknot...Slayer....Lamb of God...Pantera....Shadows Fall....Skrillex and deadmau5.