Customer Service 866.965.0400

Something is causing botchiness????

cfiiman

Question

Hi all, I was getting my car ready for the annual huge car show Horses and Horsepower yesterday. After washing and claying I used brilliant glaze followed by buttery wax. When I got the car to the show and it was out in the sun the paint looked like only what i can describe as blotchy. It was like certain areas had a deeper ,wetter look then others which creates a very undesirable look, like the paint is almost greasy or something. I thought ok, no problem and whipped out the trusty detail spray, well that made the problem worse :help: I was really nervous then bc rubbing it did nothing at a normal pressure, the only thing that worked was rubbing the paint very hard and for a long period of time to get the blotchiness to I guess blend away. By the time I was done I thought my arms were going to fall off lol. Just not sure what was going on, it has happened before but I think washing the car does the blending a lot for me, but I still dont like having to go through this. Does anyone have any idea what was going on? Because of my prep work there was nothing on the paint except the buttery and glaze. I do love the shine this stuff creates though, in fact I won "best in class" and everyone wanted to know what I used to get my paint so wet looking, I pushed Adams hard lol! Anyway this is truly bothering me bc I dont read about this happening to anyone else, thanks for any help!

987a7fdc.jpg

ed2b108f.jpg

423641f6.jpg

I have a similar issue from time to time on my brilliant black paint. I've deduced it's almost always related to temperature/humidity/sunlight issues when applying some of the product. Many times after washing the car and finishing and getting to a detail spray wipe down the product almost smears a bit and i'll come back a couple minutes later and see the darker areas. Same thing I have to rub hard to get it off but it comes off. This is usually if the paint seems warm or its towards night and the humidity is up.

But there also is a lot to be said to do a IPA wipe down after you finish polishing to get all the polish residue off prior to putting on some wax or other product.

Osok, yes I think this is definitely something as well, maybe a combo of making sure I do a thorough IPA wipedown, combined with a lower humidity day maybe. Anyone know what is the best % of humidity to be at or under for waxing/glazing, are we talking like 60% or less, or can I go higher. Seems like here in the Ohio Valley in summer it is difficult to get a day that isn't pretty muggy that is why I'm asking.

Sounds like the symptoms of excessive wax buildup... so maybe the panels need to be stripped for your next detail.

Too much wax over time builds up to give something like what you're describing... which is why we recommend no more than 2-3 coats of Americana in any given detail. At a certain point the products buildup enough to have a negative/cloudy/uneven look on the paint.

Ahhh yes I remember having to remove 12+ coats of Americana from the camaro (quit smoking alternative). Strip wash didn't do it, I had to use a black pad and revive polish to start over from scratch.

I still dont see it could be wax build up for 2 reasons:

I've only waxed the car once since paint correction and before glazing and waxing this past time I clayed and corrected with orange and white pads, wouldnt that have removed everything? The only thing that is plausible is I didn't get all the polish off before glazing which was why people suggested ipa which I will do.