Customer Service 866.965.0400

Five (5)

Corners

LOL. Its terrible right now. I just washed my truck last night and by this AM it was covered in it.

:lolsmack: We live in the same City but I bet the pollen level is higher at my house.

I did a WW the next day after I bought the new diesel. Might as well threw dirt on it for the way it looked. Did high pressure spray, 2 bucket wash last night. This morning I couldn't tell the difference. Had some things to do in town for about 4 hours. Right now the silver truck is a beautiful "gold." :(

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice truck... I honestly don't think I've ever seen that color on the dodge before. Looks nice.

Dylan: I may have missed a post or three on the forum pertaining to your new Chevy. You mentioned something about putting bigger wheels/tires on it.

Have you done that yet and if so, what size? I'm thinking about going with a 32 or 33 but was told if I go with a 33 I'd have to put a leveling kit on, which I plan on doing anyway. Don't see what different an inch would make but hey, I just drive 'um.

Many Tks :cheers:

Bill - It's really a shame you couldn't find a good looking truck this time.

Just joking dude - that's outstanding. :thumbsup:

:lolsmack: Well after buying four of them since Dec, 2011 I was really running out of choices.

I don't even mention this in my house when the wife is home but wait until the 2013's come out. WOW - now that's when ya gotta take some serious time before ya buy one to make sure it's the one you really want. Dodge's engineers must be getting a lot of overtime pay because even some of the little changes are fantastic. :drool:

NICE LOOKING TRUCK! Congrats! :2thumbs::2thumbs:

Tks Rich: This new RAM silver color is by far easier to keep clean than the first RAM 1500 truck I bought. Now if I can just get the wife to make up her mind about wanting to trade in her black Mercedes for a Tan colored one, I'd be a very happy detailer. :banana:

Speaking of keeping them clean, I have not, in all my years of living and living in Oregon, seen this heavy amount of "pollen" that is here 24/7. And from what I'm hearing, it's all across the US. Washed the new truck last evening and woke up this morning and could not tell I had even touched it.

Makes no difference if I leave it parked outside (which I never do) or park it in my shop (which I always do) this pollen finds it's way through the cracks or some where. :confused:

I've ran 33's (28570R17) on my 2006 2500 4x4 since new and they don't rub anywhere...not even close really. Don't think that they've changed the main build of the truck since then, only the cosmetics so you should be fine.

Nice color choice too......mine is the same, but doesn't have the nice fender flares that yours does.

Dylan: I may have missed a post or three on the forum pertaining to your new Chevy. You mentioned something about putting bigger wheels/tires on it.

Have you done that yet and if so, what size? I'm thinking about going with a 32 or 33 but was told if I go with a 33 I'd have to put a leveling kit on, which I plan on doing anyway. Don't see what different an inch would make but hey, I just drive 'um.

I've ran 33's (28570R17) on my 2006 2500 4x4 since new and they don't rub anywhere...not even close really. Don't think that they've changed the main build of the truck since then, only the cosmetics so you should be fine.

Nice color choice too......mine is the same, but doesn't have the nice fender flares that yours does.

Thanks Ron for that info. I'm taking the truck down tomorrow to a great tire shop where I "only" do business with them. Will have them show me some different size 33's and might as well look at the 32's while I'm there.

Man there is just so many things one wants to mod out on a new truck and the decision/s drive me up the wall when I get it down to two choices. :lol:

Love the Ram trucks, nice job goin big with diesel, gorgeous truck.

Thanks Chas. I was a Chevy guy for years until I looked at the RAM 1500's for the first time. Because Dodge finally got their act together and started making some major interior changes - and some small exterior ones, that is what completely sold me on buying them.

Now the fun begins because I need to get going on all the different mods to it. :banana:

IMO once you have a Diesel you wont go back to a gasser. I picked up a 2005 2500 5.9 in January and I love it. Im slowly making changes to the way I would have ordered the truck if I had the oppurtunity to get it new. Its a bit impractical for my use(i only drive 4 miles to work) but Ive wanted one forever and sold my 1993 Cobra,97 Ford Expedition and car trailer to get it.

Enjoy

:lolsmack: We live in the same City but I bet the pollen level is higher at my house.

Now if I can just get the wife to make up her mind about wanting to trade in her black Mercedes for a Tan colored one, I'd be a very happy detailer. :banana:

Speaking of keeping them clean, I have not, in all my years of living and living in Oregon, seen this heavy amount of "pollen" that is here 24/7. And from what I'm hearing, it's all across the US. Washed the new truck last evening and woke up this morning and could not tell I had even touched it.

Makes no difference if I leave it parked outside (which I never do) or park it in my shop (which I always do) this pollen finds it's way through the cracks or some where. :confused:

I know what you mean, this has been really bad this year. My allergies are hammering me this year, last year not at all. It started this last weekend.

My Truck is filthy and I just washed it 2 nights ago. This year is going to be a bad one. Not only is the pollen bad, but they are tearing down my street and repaving it, its a job that will last all summer. And on top of that I work at JELD-WEN, no matter how much money we spend on the top of the line emissions control equipment, and time spent cleaning, its still a wood product industry and there will always be wood dust floating around.

Black Truck+ Bad Pollen+ Road Construction+ Working in a Wood Products Industry= Not going to have a clean vehicle.

Thanks Ron for that info. I'm taking the truck down tomorrow to a great tire shop where I "only" do business with them. Will have them show me some different size 33's and might as well look at the 32's while I'm there.

Man there is just so many things one wants to mod out on a new truck and the decision/s drive me up the wall when I get it down to two choices. :lol:

So what tire shop do you "only" do business at, if you dont mind me asking?

Edited by Diggerdan11

Ron: I'm headed down to the tire store in a few min. and see what they've got. I'll have no problem trading in the OEM wheels and tires towards the 33's if they fit. Also have another new set of wheels they will buy from me.

If they don't have what I want, they can usually get them for me in two days. I'll let ya know.

I know what you mean, this has been really bad this year. My allergies are hammering me this year, last year not at all. It started this last weekend..

My Truck is filthy and I just washed it 2 nights ago. This year is going to be a bad one. Not only is the pollen bad, but they are tearing down my street and repaving it, its a job that will last all summer. And on top of that I work at JELD-WEN, no matter how much money we spend on the top of the line emissions control equipment, and time spent cleaning, its still a wood product industry and there will always be wood dust floating around.

Black Truck+ Bad Pollen+ Road Construction+ Working in a Wood Products Industry= Not going to have a clean vehicle.

Sounds like you've got your work cut out for you this summer. Sure glad I had my first "stalling" problem with the RAM truck - it was black.

I have only been doing business with Less Schwab for more years than I can remember. Never got a bad tire/wheel from them and I normally "trade" wheels and tires every season. I'm trading in the OEM's that came with the diesel, hopefully in about an hour if they have some good 33's in stock.

Just came in from my shop. Man that no good pollen has done a number on the truck.

I have a son in law who is an Engineer at JELD-WEN.

So what tire shop do you "only" do business at, if you dont mind me asking?

Sounds like you've got your work cut out for you this summer. Sure glad I had my first "stalling" problem with the RAM truck - it was black.

I have only been doing business with Less Schwab for more years than I can remember. Never got a bad tire/wheel from them and I normally "trade" wheels and tires every season. I'm trading in the OEM's that came with the diesel, hopefully in about an hour if they have some good 33's in stock.

Just came in from my shop. Man that no good pollen has done a number on the truck.

I have a son in law who is an Engineer at JELD-WEN.

Im Glad you only go to Schwabs, I will never go anywhere else. I lived in AZ for a couple years and my wifes car needed to new tires, and it killed me to go somewhere else since there are not Schwabs down there.

BTW who is your son in law?? I work in the Environmental Engineering department and we are in the same building as Engineering. I know everyone in Engineering, my dad has been an Engineer for JELD-WEN for almost 30 years.

Im Glad you only go to Schwabs, I will never go anywhere else. I lived in AZ for a couple years and my wifes car needed to new tires, and it killed me to go somewhere else since there are not Schwabs down there.

BTW who is your son in law?? I work in the Environmental Engineering department and we are in the same building as Engineering. I know everyone in Engineering, my dad has been an Engineer for JELD-WEN for almost 30 years.

Yea, Schwabs is so easy to deal with. I've been dealing with just one guy for years and he's the one that cuts me a lot of slack. Then Bob the Mgr - can't beat him.

SIL's name is Kent Taylor. He was an engineer, quit, bought his own business, sold that and became a Mill Wright at JW. About two months ago they moved him back into the Engineers position. He said he will "Never" leave an office job again. :bow:

Well I'm headed to L.Schwabs now so will let ya know what I find out.:cheers:

Yea, Schwabs is so easy to deal with. I've been dealing with just one guy for years and he's the one that cuts me a lot of slack. Then Bob the Mgr - can't beat him.

SIL's name is Kent Taylor. He was an engineer, quit, bought his own business, sold that and became a Mill Wright at JW. About two months ago they moved him back into the Engineers position. He said he will "Never" leave an office job again. :bow:

Well I'm headed to L.Schwabs now so will let ya know what I find out.:cheers:

His name is not familiar to me, but I looked him up and he does not actualy work for JELD-WEN Engineering, he works for Product Development which is a different group, which would explain why I dont know him. Small world though.

His name is not familiar to me, but I looked him up and he does not actualy work for JELD-WEN Engineering, he works for Product Development which is a different group, which would explain why I dont know him. Small world though.

:lolsmack: Well you know more about what he does than I do. I know when he first went to work for them, they were flying him all across the US and to Germany and other Countries "over there." Flew him into Mexico and he would set up some of their new plants or trouble shoot for them. :confused:

Went to Schwabs. Ordered me four of the Toyo LT285/70R-17/10 all position tires (33's) Also ordered me four of the new MKW M88 Chrome Medium Offset Wheels. New on the market. All chrome, easy to clean.

Also going to have them put on a 2" leveling kit.

Their going to give me $240.00 for the OEM Wheels and $500.00 for the OEM tires.

Then ya factor in the charges for the chrome valve stems, chrome conical tuner lugs, wheel spin balance and that leaves me a total of $1,622.60.

However I have a brand new set of winter tires with custom wheels that has about 300 miles on them. Will get $500.00 for wheels/tires. Subtract that from the 1,622.60 and I think it's a pretty good deal.

Was it you that said you knew a guy here in town that did window tinting? If not, got to go back through some posts and find out who the guy is that told me about this business and should get a pretty good deal.

Just got back from the dealership. There is only "1" guy there that I totally trust when it comes to washing my vehicles. Got all that pollen off, trucks in the shop and I'm headed out to give it a good detail. :rockon:

Was it you that said you knew a guy here in town that did window tinting? If not, got to go back through some posts and find out who the guy is that told me about this business and should get a pretty good deal.

I recently had my wifes Tahoes windows tinted at Epic Glass Tinting and they seemed to do a good job. I have had 5 different vehicles tinted all from different people.

I know lots of people who go to Epic and they never seem to have a problem, i went to them because they tint on the weekends. Epic is on washburn across from taco bell.

I recently had my wifes Tahoes windows tinted at Epic Glass Tinting and they seemed to do a good job. I have had 5 different vehicles tinted all from different people.

I know lots of people who go to Epic and they never seem to have a problem, i went to them because they tint on the weekends. Epic is on washburn across from taco bell.

Many Tks Dan. Will head over there tomorrow and talk to him. Got all this stuff I want done to the truck and like every new truck I get, I want it done yesterday. :(

I would be very surprised if the tires on it now were not at least 33". That's about the typical size for a 3/4 or 1 ton now-a-days. You're planning on leveling it out which would put you in the range of a 35" tire. (Which I believe will fit in an unleveled Dodge of that generation with a bit of trimming on the fender liner.)

As far as engine mods are concerned, does your vehicle need to pass emissions inspections? If so, you're going to be very limited in what you can and cannot do. I know the DPF will kill the mileage that the Cummins is capable of. 14mpg on the lie-other-meter is not a good sign.

Anyways, if you'd like some more info, I'd be glad to help ya out with what I can. I think that color of Dodge is the sharpest they've come out with in a long time. :2thumbs:

I would be very surprised if the tires on it now were not at least 33". That's about the typical size for a 3/4 or 1 ton now-a-days. You're planning on leveling it out which would put you in the range of a 35" tire. (Which I believe will fit in an unleveled Dodge of that generation with a bit of trimming on the fender liner.)

As far as engine mods are concerned, does your vehicle need to pass emissions inspections? If so, you're going to be very limited in what you can and cannot do. I know the DPF will kill the mileage that the Cummins is capable of. 14mpg on the lie-other-meter is not a good sign.

Anyways, if you'd like some more info, I'd be glad to help ya out with what I can. I think that color of Dodge is the sharpest they've come out with in a long time. :2thumbs:

I figured this truck would come with 33's but put a 33 up against the OEM's and what a huge difference. The OEM's on the truck are LT265/70R17 121/118R M&S. Plus their BF Goodrich's which I absolutely hate because the tread always packs full of mud and snow and I have never got good mileage out of them.

Yea I could put 35's on it but don't want to be cutting away at things if I really don't have to.

No, we're lucky here in Oregon - no emission tests required. I did get the lifetime warranty with the truck. However, knowing the service mgr and mechanics, if I mod the engine out and anything goes wrong, they pretty much have my back side covered.

This is just my opinion but even with the DPF on it, 14 mpg in the City is not all that bad. The four other RAM 1500's I had were only rated at 13/19 with the 5.7 Hemi and I was getting, with the last one, 16.5 in town/23.5 highway. But then again, I'm talking gas vs. diesel.

Next year the Dodges will have the DEF on them and that's why I opted to grab the 2012 instead of waiting for the 2013. The fluid for that filter, right now, is roughly $5.00+. But mark my word, once all the trucks have the DEF's on them, I think you will see the price of the fluid go sky high.

Back to the tires. When I had a 33 put up against the OEM this morning, they were higher and wider and the outter edge of the tire, once mounted will come out just about even with the edge of the fender flare.

Yea, appreciate any help I can get. This is my first Dodge Diesel - always had the Chevy's before.

Stock tire height on a HD Ram is 32" tall. If your gonna modify the mighty cummins, delete it. One thing nice about deleting the truck is that you can just about double your oil change interval. Your mpg is gonna be pretty bad, the days of 20+ left with the 305/555's:help: there are a lot of good cummins sites, I belong to the turbo diesel register, cummins forum, diesel truck resource, and comp d.

Sweet looking truck! I would love to trade my 03 for one!

Stock tire height on a HD Ram is 32" tall. If your gonna modify the mighty cummins, delete it. One thing nice about deleting the truck is that you can just about double your oil change interval. Your mpg is gonna be pretty bad, the days of 20+ left with the 305/555's:help: there are a lot of good cummins sites, I belong to the turbo diesel register, cummins forum, diesel truck resource, and comp d.

Sweet looking truck! I would love to trade my 03 for one!

Brian. If I don't understand something I don't hesitate to ask. And I'm asking what you mean by "deleting" it? Just never heard that word before. I take it, based on what you said, it may have something to do with oil??????? However, I use to be an Amsoil dealer a long time ago. 25,000 miles and only change the oil filter half way through that? Another big lie by Amsoil.

I tried most of their products and for the most part, never seen an increase in my mileage - gas or diesel, etc. Additionally, and with the new engines, one can go further without changing their oil. However I am one that believes in changing my oil/filter, every 3,000 miles. Yep, cost a lot more but by having the oil analized, I've never received a negative report back saying I had any metal in it. And I'm a firm believer in having my oil analized every six months.

Currently, with City driving, I'm getting 14.5 to 15+. Haven't taken it for a couple hundred mile runs yet but will get to that shortly. So I really don't consider that bad mileage. With the 33 tires that's about to go on it, I expect the City mileage to drop some. However highway mileage, what ever that turns out to be "before" I put different tires on, will stay pretty much the same. I'm basing that statement on talking to two diesel mechanics who work at the dealership and both are also driving the same year of truck I am. Also got the same info from my best friend who's running 33's on his 2011 Dodge Diesel.

BTW, tks for letting me know about those diesel sites. Going to go there and check them out. Having never owned a Diesel Dodge or even a gas one, there is a lot I have yet to learn.