Customer Service 866.965.0400

brilliant glaze

Shimy86

Question

12 answers to this question

That paint is too new to be putting anything on. The glaze offers very little protection, but it does have carnuba in it, which is in a lot of waxes.

Like Mook said. I would stick to just washing and a detail spray wipedown until the paint is cured.

To answer your question about glaze containing 'sealants', which I assume you meant protection:

SO HOW DO I CHOOSE THE RIGHT WAX FOR MY CAR?

Your Last Step Product (LSP) should be chosen based on your criteria for what you're trying to achieve. Below are some outlined characteristics to help you understand what each products strengths are.

•  
  • SEALANTS - Products like Adam's MSS or Quick Sealant are synthetic. They contain no naturally occurring 'wax' but many people will still refer to them as a wax. Sealants are typically more durable than a naturally occurring wax due to their overall higher melting point and detergent resistance. Products like these are typically the best choice for someone seeking the longest lasting protection for their paint. Sealants are also typically known for very bright, reflective, mirror like, shines. They tend to lack the depth/wetness of a natural wax but still give very intensely reflective shine.

• GLAZES - Products like Adam's BG are excellent for enhancing gloss on a finish and are actually made using some carnauba wax. The drawback is that due to their composition glazes are not intended to provide protection. They are highly susceptible to heat and detergents, meaning that glazes alone, though good for paint enhancement in a hurry, are not long term solutions for protection. Use glazes in conjunction with sealants or waxes for better results and protection.

• BASIC CARNAUBA - This is a term that is very familiar to most detailing enthusiasts and car nuts in general, but its also widely misunderstood. Carnauba is a naturally occurring wax harvested from a variety of different palms and can come in varying grades. Typically the quality/grade of the wax dictates the durability, ease of application, and how it will enhance a cars finish. Liquid waxes on average utilize a lower grade yellow carnauba, which is relatively inexpensive and generally easy to apply. Adam's Buttery Wax for example utilizes these types of waxes, blended with other ingredients resulting in an easy to apply, easy to remove, 'quick' liquid wax. The trade off for these characteristics are lowered heat/detergent resistance and slightly less enhancement to the paint as compared to waxes made with higher grade carnauba.

• PREMIUM CARNAUBA - On the other hand Adam's Americana Paste Wax is comprised of the highest grade of carnauba available. This specific type of carnauba is chosen for its higher heat and detergent resistance. In addition with the physical particles of wax being substantially larger than its lower grade cousins this wax will provide more enhancement of depth and gloss on dark paint. These characteristics are more exaggerated on black and dark colors, but are present on any color the wax is applied to.

Like the others suggested, I'd avoid using anything on fresh paint... let it get thru its cure time before you start layering anything on. Stick to waterless wash and/or detail spray and leave it at that.

I agree with everyone's post here, I would only use detail spray until the paint is fully cured, and then only very carefully since this new paint may be a little easier to get swirls and scratches then paint that has aged and is cured. Also, thanks Dylan for the above post, it really helps explain the difference in products...although I have a hard time thinking of Buttery Wax as "basic" anything, it is so superior to most other products that it is head and shoulders above most other companies premium products.

On average, how long after a new paint job can you polish and wax a vehicle. If the car has been painted just over a month ago, and I want to add some protection, can I polish any swirl marks out and use a sealant.

Usually you would want to wait about 90 days until applying anything but some Waterless Wash or Car Shampoo on the new paint. Here is a thread that you can go over for some more tips. :thumbsup:

http://www.adamsforums.com/forums/general-detailing-discussion-questions/18874.htm