Customer Service 866.965.0400

Trying to decide on vacuum cleaner:

Coderedpl

Question

I figured it's about time I pickup a dedicated vacuum cleaner and I'm having a hard time deciding as crazy as it sounds.

For some reason I thought the vac n blo 500 had the 4hp motor which I guess would be more power than the 500 but my question is this, will I be ok with the 500 for my uses or should I really break down and get the 4hp motor one?

Overall my car sees a wash every week, and an interior cleaning at right about the same time or I scatter it throughout the week days but I do, do other family members cars but i wouldn't say necessarily on a weekly basis. Some are more soiled than others.

I also do plan on opening up my arsenal and whatever learning skill set I have to others such as friends and friends and friends.

How do the 2 machines compare?

I understand they'll both get the job done but is it really a night and day difference?

Will the work with the 500 take me just a bit longer if the car is heavily soiled as if I was to use the 4hp one?

The ones I'm trying to decide between:

vac n blo 500

VNB-4AFBR

VNB-83BA

Thanks in advance.

Edited by Coderedpl

20 answers to this question

I bought the vac and blow 500 several months ago with the idea I would have to buy a second vacuum for more power when needed. So far, I see no need to buy another vacuum. It has done everything I have needed done. I have been more than happy with it.:cheers:

I bought the vac and blow 500 several months ago with the idea I would have to buy a second vacuum for more power when needed. So far, I see no need to buy another vacuum. It has done everything I have needed done. I have been more than happy with it.:cheers:

Have you done vacuuming with heavy soiled areas? How did it do?

I have the 4 HP model and not only is it a good vacuum, but a decent car dryer as well. Probably not as good as the Master Blaster but I'm sure it's better than the Vac n Blo 500.

I have the 4 HP model and not only is it a good vacuum, but a decent car dryer as well. Probably not as good as the Master Blaster but I'm sure it's better than the Vac n Blo 500.

is it more powerful than the blaster sidekick?

The 500 is a surprisingly powerful little vacuum... I use it for most of my 'upkeep' vacuuming and so long as I stay on top of it thats all it ever needs.

It has the suction to pick up more heavy soil, but the one shortcoming you'll find in big cleanup situations is the capacity. As a compact vac its only going to hold so much.

If most of your vacuuming is only light cleanup go with the 500. If you regularly find yourself cleaning up bigger messes go with the jumbo or even the Adam's Shop Vac Professional

is it more powerful than the blaster sidekick?

I don't have the Sidekick, so I can't do a proper comparison, but based on stats alone, yes. The Vac n Blo has a 4 hp motor, the Sidekick has a 1.3 HP motor.

I don't have the Sidekick, so I can't do a proper comparison, but based on stats alone, yes. The Vac n Blo has a 4 hp motor, the Sidekick has a 1.3 HP motor.

I own both, and I would actually say that the sidekick is more powerful as a blower. Not to mention, you are blowing warm/filtered air and it is also a bit more portable than the vac n blo. Since you are needing of a vacuum, the vac-n-blow is your best option between the two. However, as a blower I rarely (if ever) use it compared to the sidekick.

I own both, and I would actually say that the sidekick is more powerful as a blower. Not to mention, you are blowing warm/filtered air and it is also a bit more portable than the vac n blo. Since you are needing of a vacuum, the vac-n-blow is your best option between the two. However, as a blower I rarely (if ever) use it compared to the sidekick.

Just to clarify, you are talking about the Vac n Blo that looks like this:

attachment.php?attachmentid=11150&stc=1&d=1342704965

And not the Vac n Blo 500, right?

398.jpg

Just to clarify, you are talking about the Vac n Blo that looks like this:

attachment.php?attachmentid=11150&stc=1&d=1342704965

And not the Vac n Blo 500, right?

398.jpg

Nope. I was talking about the vac n blow 500... I wasn't all that impressed with the blowing function of it in comparison to the sidekick.

Nope. I was talking about the vac n blow 500... I wasn't all that impressed with the blowing function of it in comparison to the sidekick.

Well that makes a big difference. The 500W Vac N Blo 500 is 2/3 hp. As stated, the specs for the Sidekick say 1.3 hp. I would imagine the blowing to be better for the Sidekick. The Vac N Blo that I was talking about however has a peak of 4 hp. For the ultimate blowing power, the Master Blaster has 8 hp.

Well that makes a big difference. The 500W Vac N Blo 500 is 2/3 hp. As stated, the specs for the Sidekick say 1.3 hp. I would imagine the blowing to be better for the Sidekick. The Vac N Blo that I was talking about however has a peak of 4 hp. For the ultimate blowing power, the Master Blaster has 8 hp.

Oops sorry for the confusion... I was trying to make a more apples-to-apples comparison between the 500 and the sidekick as they are offered at the same price. I certainly wasn't comparing the sidekick to the more expensive (hundreds of dollars more) models.

In the original post he was asking about the differences between the Vac N Blo 500 and the 4 hp models. I guess it's a moot point now though because he bought the 500. Dylan still says though that for it's size and for light duty cleaning the Vac N Blo 500 is a good vacuum, so I'm sure it will be plenty.

Hard to beat the MetroVac, but I ended up buying a wall mounted (large) commercial vacuum that has a 50ft hose and I can clean the garage with as well.  It wasn't bought from Adams, but it WAS Made in the USA! 

Chris

Don't be fooled by HP numbers.

Products such as the Air Force Master Baster for example, claim to have two, 4HP motors. That is impossible on 110 volt line, even almost impossible on 220.

Any household outlet can not run anything larger than a 2HP electric device. At 2HP, the motor will draw 15 amps, even at constant operation. On start-up, it will draw close to, or sometimes even over, 20 amps. Older houses have 15 amp breakers, newer houses have 20, but not everywhere, sometimes only in the kitchen.

So, you are not getting the HP you think you are. It's like when people buy a compressor from Home Depot and it says 5 HP, yet plugs into a 110 outlet. It is impossible to produce anything more than 2HP MAX with a 110 outlet.

220 is limited to about 5 HP. Big compressors for example, 7.5HP and over, require over 400 volts, wiring only found in industrial shops in industrial areas.

Edited by LaserBlueSilverado

I have both the small Vac N Blow 500, and the Jumbo. The 500 is fine for light duty, but the wall mount is so nice and handy as it always ready. It does have more power, but if you keep up it isn't an issue. The SideKick works better than either for me, I like the size and am afraid of blowing dirt back at my car after I just vacuumed with it.

BTW, the 500 works well to inflate water toys. I now keep it in my RV for cleaning and inflating as needed.

Hope it works out well for your needs.