Customer Service 866.965.0400

Hi from So-Cal

_RS_

Welcome to the Forum!:welcomebanner:

I hope you enjoy yourself during your stay!:jester:

Peace:banana:

Nice Audi.

Speaking of Audi, is anyone here old enough to remember when Audi had issues in the 80s about the accelerator sticking and people were dying in them? I know its not like that anymore, but everytime I see one, thats what runs through my mind.

Edited by eleven357

Ha ha, thanks for that thought eleven. I remember them being rust buckets in the 70s but no horrors like that. Was that a US thing because of adding auto and cruise?

My memories of the 80s quattro was rallying domination :thumbsup:

Ha ha, thanks for that thought eleven. I remember them being rust buckets in the 70s but no horrors like that. Was that a US thing because of adding auto and cruise?

My memories of the 80s quattro was rallying domination :thumbsup:

Yeah I think it did have something to do with the cruise control.

I think the model was like 3000 or 4000? Maybe I'm wrong but this did happen and it burned into my memory as a kid.

<table class="normalFont" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="4" width="100%"><tbody><tr><td align="left" valign="top" width="65%">1987 AUDI 5000

1987 AUDI 5000

</td></tr><tr><td style="padding-right: 10px;" align="right" valign="top">Occurances: </td><td align="left" valign="top">

</td></tr><tr><td style="padding-right: 10px;" align="right" valign="top">

</td><td align="left" valign="top">

</td></tr><tr><td style="padding-right: 10px;" align="right" valign="top">Summary: </td><td align="left" valign="top">CONSUMER STEPPED ON THROTTLE AND IT BECAME STUCK, CONSUMER HAD TO SHUT OFF IGNITION IN ORDER TO STOP CAR. THE STRANDS ON CABLE BECAME UNRAVELED AT CABLE HOUSING, CAUSING THROTTLE TO STICK WIDE OPEN. THROTTLE CABLE AND LINKAGE WERE REPLACED BY DODGE DEALER AT MY EXPENSE. NEW CABLE AND LINKAGE ARE OF A DIFFERENT/IMPROVED DESIGN.

</td></tr></tbody></table>

Well I was close, it was the 5000. haha.