Customer Service 866.965.0400

Quick sealant on chrome?

bosco14

Question

18 answers to this question

The Chrome wheels on my TBSS say HECK YES!

d2bf38cb.jpg

Do you mask the tire rubber prior to spraying the sealant on the wheels. I ask, because I did not, and I couldn't get SVRT to adhere to the rubber until I cleaned/scrubbed the sealant off the rubber. What a pain that was and a lesson well learned. I wish someone would invent an adjustable "wheel cover" for this purpose alone.

Do you mask the tire rubber prior to spraying the sealant on the wheels. I ask, because I did not, and I couldn't get SVRT to adhere to the rubber until I cleaned/scrubbed the sealant off the rubber. What a pain that was and a lesson well learned. I wish someone would invent an adjustable "wheel cover" for this purpose alone.

I apply QS to the Hex Grip, then to the wheel. That stuff makes my lungs go bonkers if I graffiti it on.

Mook

I apply QS to the Hex Grip, then to the wheel. That stuff makes my lungs go bonkers if I graffiti it on.

Mook

Thanks Mook. That's what I'm going to do next time around. Seems much easier than masking off the rubber or vice versa dependent upon which of the two is being treated.

Purchased the double shot yesterday of quick sealant. On my classic cars with chrome bumpers should I hit these areas with the sealant?

DO NOT DO THIS! Unless you first apply BG. BG+QS on chrome = face melt!

Of course if you don't own any BG then the QS will look awesome all by itself.

Edited by InDepthAutoDetailing

Thought it was the other way around. Sealant on bare surface then BG or wax?

Getting ready to head out and put a coat of Americana on the car and QS,BG and/or Americana on new wheels.

Edited by ssbusdrvr

Of course if you don't own any BG then the QS will look awesome all by itself.

Im about to take my wheels off for winter, I have Quick Sealant, Brilliant Glaze, and Americana. Which ones should i apply and in what order?

BG should NEVER be applied underneath Quick Sealant. Can it be done? Sure. See below as to why not.

THIS IS THE ORDER to clear up any confusion.

Why this order? Sealants bond to bare paint, Glazes and Waxes surf it. Applying a Sealant over Glaze will warrant you less than expected results and longevity.

:patriot:

Sealant

Glaze

Wax

Thank You,

Mook