Customer Service 866.965.0400

Fertility Issues

MAYBEN

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No one I know has gone through this. All I can say is keep your head up :lol: and keep trying.

Ill guarantee you, before the end of this year your wife will be pregnant!!

I sure hope you're right!

Sorry to hear about the troubled times you two are having....keep your head up!

I'm not gonna say don't stress about it cause obviously ya'll are..but try not to, too much :thumbsup: Look, people have been able to do this for thousands of years, it'll happen!!! I don't have kids...nor do I want any anytime soon (okay okay maybe like 2% of me does) that's probably my biggest fear at this point. Don't get wrong a child brings SO much joy and happiness and meaning to ones life; just from reading your posts I can tell you both will be great parents :2thumbs: Everything has an odd way of working it self out so long as you don't lose hope! Wishing you both all the best!!

....Look on the bright side...at least ya get to "practice" more :lol:

I still stand by my stop stressing and screw comment... Another thing that's been known to work is a vacation... Can you afford one? Even one not far from home.

We are going to CO in September, although we will be sharing a Suite with my Parents, however, it will have two separate bedrooms, lol

Now I'm not sure at this time if she will be ovulating at that time..

we are going to co in september, although we will be sharing a suite with my parents, however, it will have two separate bedrooms, lol

now i'm not sure at this time if she will be ovulating at that time..

who cares!!!

I know exactly how you feel man. One thing clear though, this hasn't happened to me. But, for the last 2 years I have been working with medical records and it is astonishing how many people come into the ER with a spontaneous abortion. It breaks my heart to know that so many people are trying to have a kid but just can't and then you have these teens pooping babies out like they ate White Castle. It really is unfortunate, and I hope everything works out.

first thing I can tell you is DONT STRESS ABOUT it I know its easier said then done me and the wifey went thru almost 3 years or so before she got pregnant. We were gonna do the tests and all and then we stopped worrying about it and let it happen and next thing you know boom it happened. Sometimes things happen when they should happen and forcing the issue and adding stress does not stimulates ones swimmers

We are going to CO in September, although we will be sharing a Suite with my Parents, however, it will have two separate bedrooms, lol

Now I'm not sure at this time if she will be ovulating at that time..

Nick, my friend, I completely understand your struggle, and feel for you both. My first small piece of advice, is to have patience! Also, FYI, Colorado is fertile land.....very fertile! Come here, eat healthy, chill out, wear boxers, get busy, and don't stress. :banana: We came here from California, and had big hopes, but didn't pull it off. To say the least, we were bummed.

After a few months, Melissa and I figured that we were just not meant to multiply. Not wiling to give up, we quit drinking booze, removed soda and anything with high fructose corn syrup from our diet, and reduced sugar intake by a bunch. Really, we just cleaned up our diet, lost 30lbs, (I lost 30, she lost 25, as I had much to lose!) Within 5 months, she was pregnant with our daughter, Luca. Diet change was the hard part, but was worth the sacrifice.....500%.

Here are several online articles that are worth the read when trying to make babies:

Follow The Fertility Diet? - Harvard Health Publications

Fertility diet: The nutrients you need to conceive | BabyCenter

How Diet Affects Fertility - Newsweek and The Daily Beast

In the end, prayer, diet, time, good loving, and patience ended up working out.

(We have two friends, couples, who spent big money trying to plant a seed, didn't get pregnant, ended up adopting... Then, they both got pregnant!);)

Hey Adam, I appreciate the advice and will review the articles tomorrow with Kim..

Patience has been tough, it feels like we've been trying for so long.. I'm really hoping that I get to talk to the doc Monday and he has a 'solution' for my swimmers..

We have been wishy washy lately with our diets, not that we've been crazy bad, but veered off our diets.. however, I have drastically reduced the amount of Soda that I used to drink, pretty much down to nothing.. when we go out to a restaurant, its an Arnold Palmer for me!

Just got off the phone with the Doctor.. good news but bad news..

Good news is I'm fine, the numbers I thought were off percentage wise were counteracted by the fact that my total count was very high..

He recommended setting a 'preg by date' and then going to a fertility center and letting them do what they can, whether its IUI or as far as IVF..

most likely the 'preg by date' has passed already and we will be seeing the fertility center for options soon..

• 1 month later...

well it took a while to get an appointment with the Fertility Center, but we finally went Thursday..

the Doctor reviewed our results and what we've done so far with the chlomid and whatnot and was suprised nothing has happened. Essentially we're part of the unexplanable group where everything is pretty much testing fine and we're still unsuccessful..

Basically, we discussed two forms of IUI and also IVF.. The first form of IUI uses Chlomid and then they stick my swimmers up there (about 3k) and this only increases odds by about 10%.. The other form of IUI involves different shots, and then they stick the swimmers up there.. (about 7K) this increases by about 20%.. finally, there is IVF, which they would take my Wife's eggs and my swimmers and have a party outside and then implant what takes into my wife.. this is about 17K

these numbers will be out of our pocket as my insurance sucks!

We may wait until January and try and switch to my Wife's company's insurance as they offer infertility coverage, the only drawback, the physicians are out-of-network, but the procedure itself is supposed to be in-network..

fingers are crossed in the meantime with us trying as usual..

just figured I'd update the Adam's Family..