Customer Service 866.965.0400

2010 Corvette ZR1 Detail

JBlack151

2010 Chevrolet Corvette ZR1

Sunday morning I woke up to my alarm at 5:00 am with so much excitement to get moving. I did not care how sore my body was after two long days of detailing. This was going to be my opportunity to work on my favorite new model vehicles. I was giddy with excitement and got moving to the owners home. When I pulled up, there sat in the driveway the mother of them all, the Corvette ZR1. I nearly drove up the curb and into the lawn from the hypnotized state I was in.

I had the joy of moving it in and out of the garage several times to inspect the paint in the sunlight. That alone made my day. When I finished everything the owner asked if I would like to go for a ride. Why would I ever say no to that! I decided it would be best to empty out my bladder to be safe, and we then rolled thru the neighborhood allowing the oil temp to rise up. This was the first time the car was being unleashed in almost a year. We proceeded to the highway on ramp and before I could prepare, my head was thrown back to the head rest and my chest began caving into the seat holding me. With no hesitation we reached 160 in a flash. We exited the highway and headed back on the opposite side. Unfortunately we were only able to reach 135-140 due to some vehicles we caught up to in the blink of an eye. After returning to the house I couldnt get the smile off my face. And the sound of this beast was just so beautiful.

Oh yeah..as for the detail. Even though this vehicle was a 2010 there were still plastics covering much of the interior pieces from the delivery. He did not want me to apply anything onto the interior panels. He wanted to keep that new car smell and was afraid any of the cleaners would remove this. So I only cleaned up the floor mats, glass, and some Waterless Wash on the door jams.

As for the paint there was a ton of white overspray all over the front end. The owner knew this and did not know how it got there. It took a few passes with the clay bar to remove everything. As for the rest of the paint, there were very minimal swirls on the side panels, however the hood and deck lid did have a good amount of them.

Here is a rundown of the products used.

-Adams Ultimate Fire Hose Car Wash Nozzle

-Adams All Purpose Cleaner

-Adams Fender & Tire Brush

-Adams Wheel Woolies Cleaning Tools

-Adams Trim & Lug Nut Brush

-Adams Car Wash Shampoo (With APC For Strip Wash)

-Adams Double Car Wash Grit Guard Bucket Kit & Caddy

-Adams Ultimate Merino Wool Car Wash Mitt

-Adams Wheel Woolies Cleaning Tools

-Adams Great White Microfiber Drying Towel

-Adams Blaster Sidekick Dryer by MetroVac

-Adams Waterless Wash

-Adams Waterless Wash Waffle Towels

-Adams Invisible Undercarriage Spray Dressing

-Adams Super VRT Tire & Trim Dressing

-Adams Professional Detailers Masking Tape

-Adams Hex-Grip Pro Tire Dressing Applicator

-Adams Edgeless Microfiber Utility Towels

-Adams VRT Super Block Dressing Applicator

-Adam's Metal Polish #1 & #2

-Adam's Microfiber Applicator Pads

-Adams In & Out Spray

-Adams Detailing Clay Bar

-Adams Detail Spray

-Adams Carpet & Upholstery Cleaner

-Adams Carpet Cleaning Brush

-Adams Glass Cleaner

-Adams Glass Cleaning Towel

-Flex XC 3401 VRG Polisher

-Adams Swirl & Haze Remover Polish & Orange Polishing Pad (2 Passes Required)

-Adams Fine Machine Polish & White Polishing Pad

-IPA Wipedown

-Adams Brilliant Glaze

-Adams Americana Premium Wax & Glaze Applicator

-Adams Americana Premium Carnauba Paste Wax

-Adam's Single Soft Towels

-Adam's Double Soft Towels

Now on to pictures of the results.

DSC_0426.jpg

DSC_0427.jpg

DSC_0428.jpg

DSC_0431.jpg

DSC_0432.jpg

DSC_0433.jpg

DSC_0434.jpg

DSC_0435.jpg

DSC_0437.jpg

DSC_0438.jpg

DSC_0439.jpg

DSC_0440.jpg

DSC_0441.jpg

DSC_0442.jpg

DSC_0444.jpg

DSC_0445.jpg

DSC_0448.jpg

DSC_0450.jpg

DSC_0452.jpg

DSC_0453.jpg

DSC_0454.jpg

DSC_0455.jpg

DSC_0456.jpg

DSC_0459.jpg

DSC_0460.jpg

DSC_0462.jpg

DSC_0464.jpg

DSC_0468.jpg

DSC_0469.jpg

DSC_0471.jpg

DSC_0472.jpg

DSC_0474.jpg

DSC_0475.jpg

DSC_0481.jpg

DSC_0482.jpg

DSC_0484.jpg

Thanks for reading and viewing! :patriot:

Edited by JBlack151

I only got to drive it in and out of the garage. When he took me for the ride you can tell the car really wants to get away from you when you punch thru 1st and 2nd gears. It's hard to realize it's happening though because your body is being pushed right thru the seat which is it's own unique experience.

As far as moving it around, that was easy and the clutch/gears don't feel that bad.

• 2 weeks later...

Top notch work!

I had a chance to see one up close and personal at a show over the weekend. Pictures do not do them justice. There may be some out there that think that they really don't really look much different than a standard Vette, but that is crazy talk. The ZR1 has some much presence about them it is incredible.