Customer Service 866.965.0400

New Wheels Maintainence.

ssbusdrvr

Question

Purchasing new wheels and tires for the Camaro. They are 3 finish combo. Chrome Lips. Silver Painted /Clearcoated Inner Spokes and Hub,Mirror Machined Face. What will be the best steps to keep them maintained from new? Polish on just the face?

Have painted clearcoat wheels now and just use Adams Wheel Cleaner along with Spray Sealant and a coat of wax.

Old and been around the block but have never owned a combo wheel like this. Thanks

20 answers to this question

Sick wheels bro...can't wait to see them on the car
Thansk sure hope they work well. Pictures don't do them justice. Downside is, takes a while to get them finished.:(
You say these are clear coated?

Guess the whole center is clearcoated. Inquired further about the finish and this was the reply received.

" Whole center piece is clear coated... The side of the spokes [the windows] has a satin clear over the silver, and the machined/polished part has a glossy clear over it. "

I use revive polish on my wifes clear coated wheels.
Thanks
nice wheels, those are on my short list of future purchases. what size are you going to run and what tires?

Thx. 20" F275/40R20 R315/35R20 Vredestein Ultrac Sessanta

Thanks again.

And you're going to love the Vreds. We have those (exact same sizes) on the wife's Jeep SRT8. GREAT TIRES.
Thanks Yeah they have been getting some great reviews.Price can't be beat for those sizes and performance.:)

What size tire do you have in the rear? looks wider than stock
Thanks. Had Pirelli Pzeros stock 245f/275r

Basically stock size rear now upfront. Vredestein Ultrac Sessanta 275/40-20

Rear is 315/35-20

Looks great!!!!! That solidifies my choice on these, well done sir!
Thanks. Pics don't do them justice if you like the style.:)

Nice wheels by the way and tires!
Thanks.

Thanks all for the tips. Ended up using just Adams Shampoo to clean. Spray Sealant then Brilliant Glaze and topped with a lt coat of Americana since was waxing the car anyway.Of Course SuperVRT on the Tires. Wheels really popped in the sun at a recent Cruise imho.Just what the DR ordered.:thumbsup:Thanks again.:)