Customer Service 866.965.0400

Adam's USA made products.

As more and more people head to foreign countries to save money on manufacturing, I give Adams a big :thumbsup: for staying were it helps our country.

The only thing is, what if you cannot find a manufacturer to make a certain product? Does Adams just not make that product anymore? For instance, the foam gun. Has Adams ever thought of taking that product only and tried to get it made in a country like Italy or the UK were workers are treated fairly?

Please do not get hostile over this post, I am just asking a question.

Thanks,

Josh AKA uranjack

As far as i know adams tries to use only american made things. Buying american helps our country the most. Some things they sell arent american but there is no other option such as the clay bar, towels, pc, flex. But for the most part if america does not make it i doubt adams will sell it, which i completely support. :patriot:

All valid questions Josh -

Back in 2008 I believe we were carrying the Gilmour Foam Master which was proudly made in a factory in Pennsylvania. We then got word that Gilmour (robert bosch tool corp) was closing down operations in the US and moving to China. When we asked if there was anything they could do for us we were told:

"Anything we can move to China, we will move to China" Reports have it that a couple hundred PA residents lost their jobs when that factory closed.

As a disturbing side note the price of the guns today is the same as it was when they were made here, so pretty easy to put 1 and 1 together to see that they increased their profit margins by decreasing labor costs. Not that a lower price gun would justify the move, but at least it wouldn't seem AS underhanded.

2010 we get in contact with Hydro who makes a gun in Ohio... we're overjoyed since we'd been looking. Shortly after that relationship starts some customers report they're getting units discretely stamped "made in Taiwan" a few calls and we find out that they too have started shifting operations overseas.

As it stands now we have no sources for foam guns here in the US... but have tried repeatedly to come up with a solution. The biggest hurdle is the cost of startup. For a complex mold like this the initial setup is large... $50k+. Once thats done the actual manufacturing of the guns is actually reasonable, but how many foam guns do you have to sell to recoup a $50,000 start up hit? A lot!! We're a small company... we just don't have those kinds of means as of now.

We are very open to looking at products made in countries where fair labor practices and humane working conditions are maintained. The Flex for example is made in Germany and the employees are paid an excellent working wage, there are government regulations and protections for the labor force and best of all they're not stealing American jobs.

Due to regulations our aerosols (though chemically mixed in the US) are compressed and canned at a specific factory in Canada. We all know that Canada is almost the 51st state LOL... fair wages and quality work environments there just like the US.

As much as our policy is MADE IN THE USA its almost impossible to adhere 100% to that, so in a larger scope we are MADE IN THE USA (or countries that don't employ exploitive or inhumane labor to undermine American manufacturing). One thing we unequivocally will not support is a company closing down its operations in the US to go to China... we've lost a couple of suppliers this year due to this, and we will continue to stick to our guns when it comes to not supporting any company that would undermine other Americans to reduce overhead.

Edited by Dylan@Adams

Funny you mentioned that about Gilmour, as their product has been halted on Amazon:

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Gilmour-75QGFMR-Foamaster-Adjustable-Cleaning/dp/B000XTH1GY]Amazon.com: Gilmour 75QGFMR Foamaster Adjustable Multi Ratio Cleaning Gun: Patio, Lawn & Garden[/ame]

I wonder if it's because they're still stating MADE IN USA and someone flagged them

Possible. Don't remember where the thread is, but we have the pics of the Chinese made trigger with the plastic "made in the USA" cover over it somewhere on the forum.

Sometimes buying American isn't as easy as it should be....

5735222157_aa8ffb8450_z.jpg

5735221979_9555922c2c_z.jpg

Edited by rshadd

Sometimes buying American isn't as easy as it should be....

5735222157_aa8ffb8450_z.jpg

5735221979_9555922c2c_z.jpg

Wow, dirty!

That is just wrong. I bet they use some loophole that says only a certain percentage of the product has to be made here in the US to constitute a "MADE IN USA" stamping nono.gif