Customer Service 866.965.0400

The Z71 with new shoes and a little taller...

Team Adam's

I had originally wanted to knock out the wheels, tires, and leveling kit in one shot, but with the move and all that expense I figured I'd stick with the stock wheels for now and just take care of getting some more ground clearance and some larger rubber.

So here she is... TGC 2.5" leveling kit went on Friday along with a brand new set of 285/65/18 Nitto Terra Grapplers (33"). Really impressed with how it came out... and after being a 'low truck' guy for so long this thing feels like its a mile off the ground now LOL.

6f3cd8a4.jpg

4b87f03b.jpg

5400d3f1.jpg

Edited by Dylan@Adams

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Atta kid Dylan!!! :) Mucho Bueno. Looks like a damn Chevy comercial in that last shot, lmao!!!! :)

Took Tanner to Seaworld on Saturday... happened to park next to a guy in an IDENTICAL truck in dark blue metallic, but box stock. Still had his dealer plates. When he got out he was staring at mine and was completely confused... he asked what options I had I told him that I had just put a level kit up front, upped the tire size, debadged, removed the air dam, and did the rear fender liners he was amazed at what a big difference it made.

I love that in a way it looks 'factory' until you see it next to another one.

Looks much better. Are you going to remove your side molding or keep it?

Side moldings stay... I think the doors are too featureless to take them off.

On the last body style the sheetmetal had a body line in it that broke the panel up, these just are too big and flat for my tastes.

Did you have to do anything to the rear? Did you have to have the front end aligned? Looks good!:2thumbs:

Nothing needed in the rear. Stock the Chevy's are nose down by about 2"... the leveling kit just moves the front end up 2.5 (they have kits that go anywhere from 1-3") Had to align it after the install like any suspension change.

Edited by Dylan@Adams

Took Tanner to Seaworld on Saturday... happened to park next to a guy in an IDENTICAL truck in dark blue metallic, but box stock. Still had his dealer plates. When he got out he was staring at mine and was completely confused... he asked what options I had I told him that I had just put a level kit up front, upped the tire size, debadged, removed the air dam, and did the rear fender liners he was amazed at what a big difference it made.

I love that in a way it looks 'factory' until you see it next to another one.

:lolsmack: I get the same thing, thats exactly what my brother just did to his truck too. The air dams on these trucks look so much better off, maybe that stands for every truck. If you do wheels are you going for a chrome or black look?

:lolsmack: I get the same thing, thats exactly what my brother just did to his truck too. The air dams on these trucks look so much better off, maybe that stands for every truck. If you do wheels are you going for a chrome or black look?

Chrome... need to tie in the factory chrome around the grill on the front end.

Yeah that's true. It looks good man, is that as high as you're taking it?

Yep... not going any higher than this... its still a family hauler and daily driver. Just hated how the rear end stuck up... now I'm short of 1" cali-lean. :thumbsup:

How did you pay for the kit

with paypal. :jester:

I assume you meant how much? It was $90+ shipping from TopGunCustoms.

2.5" 07-11 Chevy/GMC 1500 Pickup 4x4 Leveling Lift Kit

There are cheaper kits out there, but this one uses both a spacer on top and bottom of the strut, so theres no cutting needed. The quality and finish on the parts was nice so it was worth the little extra money IMO. Plus with leveling kits being so cheap its easy to justify a little extra to get a nice one.

did you install it yourself?

Yes. Took about an hour per side to take the suspension apart, then bolt it back together. One of the easiest installs I think I've ever done.

with paypal. :jester:

I assume you meant how much? It was $90+ shipping from TopGunCustoms.

2.5" 07-11 Chevy/GMC 1500 Pickup 4x4 Leveling Lift Kit

There are cheaper kits out there, but this one uses both a spacer on top and bottom of the strut, so theres no cutting needed. The quality and finish on the parts was nice so it was worth the little extra money IMO. Plus with leveling kits being so cheap its easy to justify a little extra to get a nice one.

Yes. Took about an hour per side to take the suspension apart, then bolt it back together. One of the easiest installs I think I've ever done.

ha yeah i meant how much. Ive been thinking about doing something like this myself but mines 2wd so I havent quiet made up my mind yet.

They have that same kit for 2wd as well... price is the same.

Its easy to install, just need basic hand tools and some jack stands/jack.

Nice part is that b/c all you're doing is relocating the mounting points of the factory strut the ride quality remains absolutely the same. Theres a .5" ring spacer that mounts on top of the strut and a 2" block that mounts at the bottom to the LCA.

With the extra 2" its no problem to clear a set of 33" tall tires with zero rubbing or trimming needed.