Customer Service 866.965.0400

World's Greatest Drag Race 2

Z71_Denali

I'd seen this last week I think... 4th place in the 1/4 isn't bad when you look at the top 3 and there specs and pricing...

I have to agree with the final verdict too... Porsche makes one hell of a well rounded car.

Chris

Best part of the video is the slow motion at the end. It will show people that don't understand how much of a difference trap speeds and actual times look in real life.

. 10 is Damn near 2 full car lengths.

tap a talka thingy

Its funny I saw that video and I knew exactly what place they would come in. The only one I got wrong was I thought the Camaro would beat the 911, but the 911 beat it by a little bit.

I dont know why the heck the BRZ was in there, it really was not fair. I think its a cool car, but it does not belong in a drag race with the Aventador and GT-R

you want to talk drag racing...then let Chevy's drag RACER play next time:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X91mgz6b7AU]2012 COPO Camaro Testing - Victor Cagnazzi Racing, Dave Connolly and Brian Macy - YouTube[/ame]

Yeah... I see how you could think that would be a well rounded "drivers car". lol :lolsmack:

depends on the driver. ;) cuz i would drive the living HELL outta that. NO stop light would be safe.

:burnout:

But...correct me if i'm wrong....but isn't this a drag race? I'm kinda new to racing and all, but i thought the point of a drag race was to see who was the fastest in a 1/4 mile?

Edited by DemoN

depends on the driver. ;) cuz i would drive the living HELL outta that. NO stop light would be safe.

:burnout:

But...correct me if i'm wrong....but isn't this a drag race? I'm kinda new to racing and all, but i thought the point of a drag race was to see who was the fastest in a 1/4 mile?

That was actually a long test to prove out of that group, which was the best all around drivers car.

That was only one small part of it.

Chris

oh. sorry. i was commenting on the drag race that was posted at the beginning of this thread...not other random youtube videos not shown. :lolsmack::banana::thumbsup:

*i'm messing with you. don't ban me* lol

You mean the clip that was taken from this one?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QBfugbEIlk4]Picking the 2012 Best Driver's Car! - YouTube[/ame]

See what I did there?

what? steer the conversation completely off the thread topic to make whatever point you were trying to? sure did ;)

lol this reminds me of one of the first comments of every drag race youtube video ever posted. "yeah! but i bet it can't road race!"

and the Lambo finished last in the best driver article, ha! 2012 Motor Trend Best Driver's Car - Motor Trend

This is a great concept. MT does just about all you can reasonably expect to make this a fair competition, but no matter how you slice it "best driver's car" will always be subjective. And while auto magazine guys have one of the best jobs around, you can't please everyone no matter what you do. Also, from the article:

First of all, the car has to be on sale (or at least, about to be on sale) in the United States of America. This is why we don't have Paganis, Koenigseggs, or that bright-red Ferrari on our cover, the F12 Berlinetta. Here's to next year. OK, fine, but "why no Corvette ZR1?" Well, because three years ago, when the ZR1 competed in our 2009 Best Driver's Car, it finished in 6th place behind the 2010 Shelby GT500...Since it didn't win then and hasn't been substantially changed since, we didn't invite the Blue Devil back. You will notice that last year's second-place car, the Nissan GT-R, is back. That's because Nissan has implemented a schedule of continuous Godzilla improvement, and this year's version makes more power and has a tweaked transmission and a revised suspension. We invited last year's winning Ferrari 458 Italia to come and defend its crown, but Ferrari declined. It also declined to give us the 458 Spyder, the reworked California, and the FF.

Its funny I saw that video and I knew exactly what place they would come in. The only one I got wrong was I thought the Camaro would beat the 911, but the 911 beat it by a little bit.

I dont know why the heck the BRZ was in there, it really was not fair. I think its a cool car, but it does not belong in a drag race with the Aventador and GT-R

Totally outmatched indeed, but you know... I bet that Sube is more fun to drive than most of the others, at least in 95% of real world situations. :cheers:

Totally outmatched indeed, but you know... I bet that Sube is more fun to drive than most of the others, at least in 95% of real world situations. :cheers:

You could push it a LOT further past IT'S abilities without worrying as much...

Chris