Customer Service 866.965.0400

finally, great white worked perfect today!!

hemi1300

Question

not sure what i did, but haven't been too impressed with the great white the first 5 or 6 uses. Decided to wash it the other day bc it was looking a little dirty, threw it in the dryer on low heat after wash. Tried it again today washing the wife's jeep, and finally it worked perfect!! Did the pooling sheetwater rinse (which i normally do anyway), and blew off the bulk of the standing water on the roof/hood with the gas leaf blower. Using ds as drying agent, dried the whole jeep cherokee without ringing out once, and left no water spots at all! Even tried to wring it out after drying the whole car, and no water would wring out. Not sure what i did so much differently, but was soooo happy with the great white's performance today lol. Think my main problem was just too much standing water on the panels, i found myself wringing the towel out probably 10 times during the drying process

Edited by MarylandTDI

11 answers to this question

Think my main problem was just too much standing water on the panels, i found myself wringing the towel out probably 10 times during the drying process

You're probably right. I've been impressed with my Great White from day 1. But I've been using the blower before a towel for years, so it's not like I'm soaking up a ton of water. Still, it's nice to dry my whole truck with one towel.

If I'm reading this right you didn't wash it during the first 5 or 6 uses?

Just for the record the towel should be washed after EVERY use.

No, this was my first time washing it. Seriously though, it should be thrown in the wash after every use? I just figured when it looks like it's getting a bit dirty after a few uses then wash it?

No, this was my first time washing it. Seriously though, it should be thrown in the wash after every use? I just figured when it looks like it's getting a bit dirty after a few uses then wash it?

Yep... wash after EVERY use. Its not always what you can see thats a potential swirl causer. There can be fine particles on the towel, maybe you missed a spot in the wash or something settled on the finish while you were drying.

Also if you use DS to dry each time, that buidup of polymer in the towels fibers could lead to the towel being less absorbent.