Customer Service 866.965.0400

Detailing for car show?

kosonen04

Question

13 answers to this question

waterless wash.

bring a good collection of towels so you have plenty to wipe down the car when you get there as well as thru the duration of the show.

also grab some Super VRT and an app so you can hit your tires when you get there as well.

if you want to add a little gloss give it a wipe down with DS right after you clean it up with waterless.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SwS1PF-6Zbw]Adam's Polishes Vol. 8 - Chapter 11 - Waterless Washing - YouTube[/ame]

If it was a long distance car show, I always took the Waterless Wash and Detail Spray with me, along with my Undercarriage Spray and Glass Cleaner.

For short distances (less than an hour drive) I left the Waterless Wash at home. As long as you've done all the work at home prior to the show, you'll be good to go. :2thumbs:

After you get done with your 3 step and finish waxing i would spray super sealent on it. Then I would use the detail spray with a microfiber towel and go over it at the show.

Agreed

To clarify...

Wax goes on after Sealants do. Machine Super Sealant is designed for use on a machine, hence the name. Quick Sealant is the hand method. Seal, Glaze, then Wax.

Thank You,

Mook

Thank you guys for all the responses! One question I did have on the 3 Step, I'm doing the Green stuff, Orange, then white wax. After I do the Green, Do I wipe that off before moving to the orange, or do I keep the product on the car and then go to orange right over the top of it? I know from Orange to white you keep the product on there. But it does not say about the green.

Thanks ! Adams ROCKS!

Thank you guys for all the responses! One question I did have on the 3 Step, I'm doing the Green stuff, Orange, then white wax. After I do the Green, Do I wipe that off before moving to the orange, or do I keep the product on the car and then go to orange right over the top of it? I know from Orange to white you keep the product on there. But it does not say about the green.

Thanks ! Adams ROCKS!

Morning,

The White stuff? Fine Machine Polish? Or APW? FMP is a polish.

You don't have to remove polish residue from SSR->SHR->FMP->BG.

After that you do have to wipe off before you put wax down.

I've been searching for a thread on this. Glad I finally found it.

So driving a short distance to a cruise, using detail spray only is OK? Longer distances may require Waterless Wash and detail spray?

Some show venues here are REAL dusty. :(

If you know dust is a problem, take Waterless Wash; that's what it's designed for. And since WW is a cleaner, you'll want to finish it off with Detail Spray to maximize your shine for the show.

The WW is also better for removing any bugs you encounter on the way, though Detail Spray will work, too. (that's also where Quick Sealant Spray on the nose of the car comes in handy)

Edited by Redbeard

waterless wash.

bring a good collection of towels so you have plenty to wipe down the car when you get there as well as thru the duration of the show.

also grab some Super VRT and an app so you can hit your tires when you get there as well.

if you want to add a little gloss give it a wipe down with DS right after you clean it up with waterless.

This is what I do, also take some BG too.:thumbsup: