Customer Service 866.965.0400

Interior window cleaning

jazznurse

Question

There is nothing I hate worse than doing interior windows. I'd rather have a root canal. Since getting my new Camaro, it's worse. The bottom where the windshield meets the dash is such an acute angle, it's next to impossible to reach at all, let alone have it turn out streak free. I've tried using a thin, flexible piece of metal around the microfiber towel. It's still too thick. And then, the age old question...what to clean first. Do the windshield, and when you clean the dash, there goes the window, and visa versa. And don't even get me started on the rear window. O.K guys, have at it! Give a new kid on the forum some sage wisdom. If you answered this previously, please excuse my ignorance, but I've started detailing for cash since before I could drive (yes, they had cars way back then) and I've yet to come up with an easy way that meets my high standards. HELP!!! The Novocain is wearing off! :mad:

Edited by jazznurse

12 answers to this question

You're not wrong about the base of the windshield being tough to get. It would be nice if the glass popped in and out easily, wouldn't it?

It sounds like you've already tried it, but I suggest using something thin and flat like a paint stirrer to get the towel in there.

I've used a fly swatter with a glass cleaning microfiber wrapped around it to get into tight areas.

Do your glass last. It's easier to wipe the glass cleaner off your dash than the Leather Conditioner off your glass.

I found a neat little thing from Stoners at Carlisle that looks like a triangle on a stick. It's flexible in that it swivels on the handle so you can get into the tough places that are hard to reach. Comes with two micro covers, but I don't use them. I put the Adam's glass cloth over it, spray the Adam's glass cleaner onto the cloth, then go at it. For me it was the perfect solution. Gets those tough edges between the windshield and the dash, and gives me an extra six inches of reach when I'm trying to do the back window.

They might sell them at Wal Mart or Auto Zone too.

This isn't exactly it, but very similar.

griots_garage_window_cleaner_tool.jpg

I agree that's a very tough area to clean. I won't use a Made in China tool on my truck though!

:lol:

That's why I but Adams! So, why don't you kick this one up to the boss...market you own. "If you sell it, they will buy." :rockon:

Having the same issue with my G8. Hard to get in the areas at the base of the windshield front and back.

I rigged a plastic interior trim remover with an Adams window microfiber to reach in there ..so far its been working.

That's why I but Adams! So, why don't you kick this one up to the boss...market you own. "If you sell it, they will buy." :rockon:

Who says I haven't? :D

VERY expensive to get something nice like this made.

Right up there with Foam Gun costs.