Customer Service 866.965.0400

C6 Corvette Dash

TR6speed

Question

OK, I have only had my C6 for a short time now and the dash is different then that of my C5. So here is my question, what does everyone that has a C6 use on their dash and the upper door panels, Super VRT, Leather Conditioner, In & Out, or Detail Spray.

13 answers to this question

I use conditioner on mine every few weeks. Light DS on Adams towels for dust removal.

For me it took a lil practice on door panels to get the application even and eliminate any blotchy look.

I hate doing the inside of windshield tho!

Sent from the Dark Side

I use Super VRT. And, lots of it - well, more than I think it ought to take. I have tried other products before Adams and like Curtis reported, the dash and door panels looked blotchy or streaked. It looked like a 6-year-old boy did it and was in a hurry when he did it.

I use the VRT, let it set a bit then wipe it down with a dry m.f. for the best results. I don't know why the vinyl is so much different than other Chevys but it is. It used to be that if I didn't stay on top of it, some of the dash and passenger door panel would get a chalky look.

I think this might depend on the interior options (plastic or leather) and how much gloss you like. On my Bride's C6, a GS 4LT, I use the leather conditioner. Will use a microfiber with just a light mist on the towel for dusting.

Personally I would never want to use SVRT on the dash, don't want that high of a gloss creating potential glare while driving.

If the door panels were vinyl and it was a daily driver I would consider using SVRT on the door panels for the water repellent qualities.

:cheers:

I use the Leather Conditioner on everything in the Vette. It has a real high SPF factor for protecting it from the sun. Plus you don't spray it so it doesn't get on the glass, and I also make sure I cover it when I'm cleaning the glass. If you use it and notice it is blotchy or streaking, that simply means that it is absorbing the product faster in some places (some places are dryer than others). Reapply another time or even two until the streaking or blotches are gone. When there's no more streaks, you know you're well protected. :thumbsup:

SVRT description from the site......

How do you make the industries best trim and tire dressing even better? You eliminate its only weakness by making it water repellent! This amazing new product will amaze you each time you use it.

That's right!! We've taken our extremely popular Vinyl, Rubber, and Tire dressing and eliminated the only complaint any of our customers ever had about it. Now instead of Adam's VRT Tire Trim Dressing washing away with the rain or coming off each time you clean your car the NEW Adam's Super VRT Tire & Trim Dressing actually BEADS AND REPELS WATER!!

Advances in polymer technology allowed us to keep the same amazing water based, low gloss, formula and make it water proof. The special additive allows the product to stand up to multiple washings, hundreds of miles of rain driving, and it even reduces surface tensions so much that water will literally roll right off of your trim and tires.

Sound too good to be true? Check out our latest video to see this amazing new product in action.

Contents: Adam's Super VRT Tire & Trim Dressing 16 oz

NOTE: Adam's Super VRT Tire & Trim Dressing is for exterior use. For interior leather, vinyl and plastic use Adam's Leather & Interior Conditioner.

SVRT description from the site......

How do you make the industries best trim and tire dressing even better? You eliminate its only weakness by making it water repellent! This amazing new product will amaze you each time you use it.

That's right!! We've taken our extremely popular Vinyl, Rubber, and Tire dressing and eliminated the only complaint any of our customers ever had about it. Now instead of Adam's VRT Tire Trim Dressing washing away with the rain or coming off each time you clean your car the NEW Adam's Super VRT Tire & Trim Dressing actually BEADS AND REPELS WATER!!

Advances in polymer technology allowed us to keep the same amazing water based, low gloss, formula and make it water proof. The special additive allows the product to stand up to multiple washings, hundreds of miles of rain driving, and it even reduces surface tensions so much that water will literally roll right off of your trim and tires.

Sound too good to be true? Check out our latest video to see this amazing new product in action.

Contents: Adam's Super VRT Tire & Trim Dressing 16 oz

NOTE: Adam's Super VRT Tire & Trim Dressing is for exterior use. For interior leather, vinyl and plastic use Adam's Leather & Interior Conditioner.

Thanks Chris

The C6 door panels are really bad for looking streaky and blotchy. I have tried about everything and Super VRT works the best. I realize its not recommended to be used on interior panels but I havent seen any issues (I wipe it down after application to remove any excess gloss).

My car is a base model so no leather on the dash or door panels hence why I dont use leather cleaner/conditioner.

I will try the leather conditioner again. The initial results were less than anticipated while the VRT worked better. Maybe it was because I applied the VRT after the leather conditioner, a second coat if you will. I honestly hadn't read the "NOTE: ... " or read it a while back and didn't recall it.

Thanks Chris for the clarification.

The C6 door panels are really bad for looking streaky and blotchy. I have tried about everything and Super VRT works the best. I realize its not recommended to be used on interior panels but I havent seen any issues (I wipe it down after application to remove any excess gloss).

My car is a base model so no leather on the dash or door panels hence why I dont use leather cleaner/conditioner.

It doesn't matter you can us LC on all interior surfaces.

Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk 2

Like Chris said, the Leather & Interior conditioner and Leather & Interior Cleaner aren't just for leather. They've got you covered on leather, vinyl, plastic, basically everything that's not fabric.:thumbsup: