Customer Service 866.965.0400

Black the best? Maybe not.....

Beemer

I know a lot of you guys think that black is the best color for detailing (I'm not even sure black is a color, but whatevs) but please allow me to humbly submit the following evidence to the contrary:

Weekend detail -

Strip wash

Clay Bar

Swirl & Haze

Fine Machine Polish

IPA Wipe

sVRT

Machine Super Sealant (it's SUPER!)

Brilliant Glaze

Americana

Glass Sealant

Brilliant Glaze on the glass

Quick Sealant on bug catcher

Edited by Beemer

you must drive REALLY slow down that gravel drive everyday!

P.S. your state inspection is due :D

The gravel drive is just in front of my garage. My real driveway is about 100 yds long and is all dirt. I crawl down that driveway.

p.s. Nothing gets past you, does it?

Where does Orange rank? :)

As far as I'm concerned if it's YOUR favorite then it's #1.

There is no "best". Just best for you.

My own personal opinion: A beautiful car needs to be a COLOR! I don't think of black, white and gray as colors.

With that being said I've seen PLENTY of black, white and gray cars that were GORGEOUS! I would take any of them. However - if I had a choice - I choose color.

Edited by Beemer

Having both a red and dark gray metallic, my BEST is when they are clean and gleaming with minimal swirls. I love reflection shots! I did my sons girlfriends car which was used and black. I have never done a black car and it had tons of swirls. I must admit even though it wasn't perfect, a black car clean and polished up does look fantastic.

I love your red Camaro, looks great.

Edited by McDuff

Looks really good. Kind of partial to white these days.......but red is sure up there!:D:thumbsup:

Rich - your white vette is stunning. Those blue stripes are just incredible.

Nothing but love for the white guys. (Wait. That sounded funny...)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

For me, black is the best color. Love it or hate it. If you know how to take care of your car, black is the best color. However, if you are careless, black is the worst color to show all the imperfections.

Black is great unless like me you have two kids under 3 that you'd like to spend time with! ;)

My current DD is black and I work across the street from a concrete plant. My new DD (being built) is going to be white! I'm done! I'm tapping out!

Sent from my miniaturizer via tap dancing...

Black is great unless like me you have two kids under 3 that you'd like to spend time with! ;)

My current DD is black and I work across the street from a concrete plant. My new DD (being built) is going to be white! I'm done! I'm tapping out!

i feel your pain my car is black also... i to... am done. my next car is white... funny thing is that i switched from white to black :mad:.

Black is the best if you could keep up with it. A lot more time and effort will be invested, but in the long run it's all worth it to me. Black is beautiful. Plus it's always easier if it's not your DD. Garage queens are always easier to maintain.:drool:

I'm buying my current DD out of the lease even though it's black. As a garage queen, it'll be great. It won't go to work anymore!

Funny how everyone thinks black is so horrible to maintain. I have 2 black vehicles I keep up with, my 07 dodge ram and the wife's 12 jeep grand Cherokee. They do tend to get dirty/dusty quickly after a wash/detail, but not too bad. The wife's Cherokee is a daily driver and never looks too horrible to me if It goes a few weeks without a wash. Have had 4 black vehicles in a row now and not looking back or regretting my decision. Do they take a little more work and pre-caution/sure, but I love it when I get that deep shine after a nice detail. Don't think I'll ever own another vehicle other than black, maybe a dark gray/charcoal would be ok. I really don't think it's too much maintenance keeping up with black, but maybe I just have too much time on my hands lol

• 4 weeks later...