Customer Service 866.965.0400

Mixing different manufactures

BTBSS

Question

So I'm on board and in the process of being converted from Meguires to Adams. Just can't afford all the product right now.

Was wondering if it is ok to mix say the polishing compound from Meguires and then using Adams buttery wax to finish it off. I have Meguires product that is about a year old and the bottle is still over half full

Thanks

Sent using Tapatalk

12 answers to this question

A lot of Adam's customers where former M users including myself.

Sure you can protect your paint with Buttery after correcting with another's company's product. Keep watching the daily specials so you can get hooked up with more Adam's products. When you start using Adam's believe me you will want them ALL,:) and you won't look back!

^ What they said.^ I've built my Adam's product base one Daily/Weekly special at a time along with car shows. No need to toss the other products if like me you're on a budget. No automotive chemicals should be tossed in the trash. Instead wait until your local municipality has a hazardous waste collection day and dispose of them properly. I used 105/205 and ultimate products topped by Americana. Now I have compounds and polishes from both companies and am comfortable with both. I also have some German stuff that starts with an M but that's for another day's discussion.

/Not the thread jack here, but i picked up some revive polish, and buttery wax, but i am lacking the brilliant glaze because i have some meguires glaze #7 or w.e the hell it is. I have about a half bottle left, and would i see good results using it together, or would it be worth it to grab some brilliant glaze if i am going to spend the time on doing some work

I do the same. You should be fine. We all have different tastes. I do the same. I use The polish and sealant from M, then use a wax from CG to top it off. I use DS from Adams to maintain.

Though, I would want to try that BG and Americana combo.

Edited by EPHIOS

I do the same. You should be fine. We all have different tastes. I do the same. I use The polish and sealant from M, then use a wax from CG to top it off. I use DS from Adams to maintain.

Though, I would want to try that BG and Americana combo.

coming from someone who has enough stuff from just about every company to last the next 5 years or so, the BG/Americana combo is top-notch. Very easy, not the easiest I have used, but still for the price is right in line with what you get.

/Not the thread jack here, but i picked up some revive polish, and buttery wax, but i am lacking the brilliant glaze because i have some meguires glaze #7 or w.e the hell it is. I have about a half bottle left, and would i see good results using it together, or would it be worth it to grab some brilliant glaze if i am going to spend the time on doing some work

Keep that glaze in your arsenal for single stage paints, which is what that product was originally designed for and works great for.