Z71 4x4

Pw

Pl

Pm

Ps (drivers)

No remote start

ava4ymus.jpg

sent from tapatalk using my thumb :)

RAM all the way. I regret buying my Chevy mainly because of the dealership but it's had a hand full of problems and GMC/CHevy just isn't the quality it used to be. Ram's on the other hand have major plusses. I mean it developed into its own Brand. Dodge still makes it but that quality, demand, and appearance pushed it to where it is today. They last forever. I've had my Chevy for a little over a year and I can't wait to get rid of it. Nothing but problems. I've heard the exact same about similar GMC models to mine.

I'd go GM hands down, but if you don't need it right away I'd wait a month or so and see what the next generation of GM trucks offers. It might be worth the wait, and/or there may be some very good incentives to blow out the last of the 2013s when the new one comes out. :2thumbs:

I've been looking at the same lately and with the new GM trucks coming out, I think I'd go RAM. I was looking at the Quad cab sport with air ride and 4x4.

I recommend you get one with a locking rear diff. I don't regret that one on my current truck.

I'm thinking, get new truck, sell old truck and motorcycles and buy current G8 and keep.

I'd buy Ram. That decision may change come summer, but right now, the options on the RAM are better IMO.

This isn't a Sport, but I built it earlier to see what cost we're looking at. :willy:

I like the painted front end, but they DO NOT like the highway which is my main mode of transport. They get all beat up over time. :( Still, I'm leaning towards the Sport which is painted.

Sport 4x4 with air ride... Dang thing is 46,000 dollars!! :willy:

Which one did you prefer Eric? 2013 RAM or go home. 2012 was portly... They cut a BUNCH of weight on the 2013.

Edited by Chewy

I'm paying about 15k less for the 2012

sent from tapatalk using my thumb :)

That makes up for it then! :thumbsup:

I'm the kind of guy that wants the newest thing so that'd keep me out of the GM right now. You can't go wrong either way IMO.

I would highly suggest you go with a lighter color on the Ram, but that's ultimately your decision. I'm over black now. It's white or silver for me.

I personally have always went with Chevy because of price, dependability, and gas mileage. Dodge has came a long way in the last couple of years and i in no means hate their truck i like it alot to be honest. But I have always went for price and dependability over glitz and glamour which the majority of americans flock towards. I do this because i dont want to pay for it. I have ran chevys for years and have own 4 silverado with no major problem (Engine/Trans etc.). I cannot atest for the Dodge only for when i have driven them at my current job. The choice is yours and yours alone but i think the dodge will cost you more in the long run. :2thumbs:

Thats a tough call... really you could even throw the F150 into this discussion. I think Ford, GM, and Dodge are doing great things with their trucks right now.

I'm GM loyal (obviously) and I absolutely love my 2012 Z71, easily the best truck I've owned... but I've ridden in/driven both the new dodge and ford trucks and couldn't find a whole lot to complain about with either of them.

I will say that the aftermarket support for GM trucks is much higher, not that there is limited choices for the others, its just with the LS/LQ engines in these trucks should you choose to mod theres a lot more options.

^^^ I like that! Thats a nice truck man I wouldnt do that though personally. My plans for the doge would be:

Smoked headlight armor for headlights and foglights

Smoked tails n 3rd

30% tinted windows

Intake either airaid or mopar

mufflex DOD14 or 18

Weathertech mats

when tires wear out I would put some terra grapplers or zeon ltz on

im more leaning towards that ram just because of something different. Hell GM has made the same truck for 6 years now and the GMC I drove was exactly like mine on the inside expect dark interior while mine is a lightish gray/tan same motor the only thing different besdies Chevy to GMC was the 6 speed and 4x4 and of course the color.

im more leaning towards that ram just because of something different. Hell GM has made the same truck for 6 years now and the GMC I drove was exactly like mine on the inside expect dark interior while mine is a lightish gray/tan same motor the only thing different besdies Chevy to GMC was the 6 speed and 4x4 and of course the color.

Agreed! Although, if you wait... BAM new GM trucks.

I really love the Ford powertrain packages, but the truck itself is too boxy for me. We have probably 15 of them in our fleet and they've been VERY reliable and kept their resale as well.

The RAM resale is what scares me. GM resale is HUGE. :2thumbs:

Hey Eric, Just FYI the 8 speed will be available on the January built Ram 1500's. I think you'll be doing yourself a HUGE disservice by ordering one with the 6 speed. Not to mention the MPG differences between the two.

I think I am going to get the Ram and then buy the G8 to keep and sell my '98 F150 4x4 which is MINT. If you know anyone wanting a well maintained standard cab 4x4 let me know.

Chris

RAM all the way. I regret buying my Chevy mainly because of the dealership but it's had a hand full of problems and GMC/CHevy just isn't the quality it used to be. Ram's on the other hand have major plusses. I mean it developed into its own Brand. Dodge still makes it but that quality, demand, and appearance pushed it to where it is today. They last forever. I've had my Chevy for a little over a year and I can't wait to get rid of it. Nothing but problems. I've heard the exact same about similar GMC models to mine.

Im sorry if this comes off s rude because i dont mean for it to be, but you have a colorado . that truck was made by isuzu and it is a POS in my opinion. The sierra/silverados are worlds better than colorados.