Customer Service 866.965.0400

UPS man stole my damn order!!!

JJ1o87

So I'm supposed to recieve my order of 2nd gen pads and machine polishes today. I ordered my porter cable 7424 and was just waiting for this latest shipment to come in so I can give my challenger its first detail this weekend. In a perfect world, my shipment would have arrived with no incident. This, however, is not a perfect world. I get home to see nothing waiting for me at the door. Ok, maybe the guy is a little late today. So I check my email to track the package. Much to my surprise, the package was delivered 20 minutes before I got home. Fortunately, I have a bunch of security camera's (my dad's business) surrounding the house and I went to the tapes. Wouldn't ya know it - the son of a bitch never showed up! So some UPS man says he delivered the package and instead stole my damn order. I can't believe the sheer balls some people have. :mad: Fortunately, I have Ashley on my side and I hope she nails this prick to the wall. Looks like I won't be detailing this weekend after all! :help:

Call up UPS give them the tracking number and they can contact the driver to see if he brought it to the wrong house. I had that happen with FedEx once, a package was misdelivered. I called up, they got ahold of the driver, and said that he brought it to 'the yellow house on the corner' which is 3 doors away.

/rant ON!!

i dont use ups anymore if i can get away with it. that outfit has gotten so horrible and shady its not even funny. their customer service sucks. they dont deliver on time most of the time....and yes, ive been burned more than a few times by them. a wii for my kids for xmas 2 years ago got deleivered 2 weeks after the guaranteed delivery date. car parts got delivered to a different house(good thing they were honest and took the time to bring my packages), ask them to hold a package at the facility...told sure...get there and its out on the truck. tell them to hold it if it comesback...it gets called to the driver and he doesnt deliver it PLUS loses it in the warehouse so it took 3 days of me going down there and raising a stink(last time the cops were brought with me). i HATE UPS. if anyone on here is a UPS employee, i dont hold you personally responsible(that would be stupid lol) but that company is on my "Bad" list.

okay /rant off

sorry, gets to me every time lol

FedEx is entirely different than UPS, with them, they will actually contact the driver to ask questions. UPS tells you you have to wait till the guy gets back. and even then you may not get an answer.

FYI. I am not a UPS employee, I just know a ton about them

The "Hub" has direct connection with the drivers, and can see where they are at ALL times ( live - well in the updated Hubs ). Certain workers can send messages to the drivers, and its just like a text message on your cell phone. Only problem is, if the drivers dont want to answer you cant force them too.

Believe me I have stories about both FedEx AND UPS that would make your heads spin. Do a little google searching and you will find some of them. It's amazing :loser:

Not all FEDEX and UPS folks are created equal.

I guess I'm very lucky. Both at home and at work. The two companies have been outstanding. Both in pick-ups and deliveries. Granted, I've had problems, but they have always made good on the screw-up. I've had dispatch managers call me directly to make sure I received my packages on time and in good condition.

Some of them really do care.. :2thumbs:

He could just have done what my Fed Ex driver does.........delivers my packages to a house a block away..................four times! Good thing I'm friends with the guy he delivered them too and I got everything. But I filed a complaint with Fed Ex. Not good.

I'm good with my UPS driver though cause I usually give him a good tip at the end of car show season for making him work so hard during the summer delivering stuff here.

lol must be the west coast UPS and FEDEX that have the problums. Ive never had a problum with eather. my stuff is always on time. well besides the one point where the Fedex truck was in a pile up and they had to rent a van to deliver the stuff but they were only about 1/2 hour late.

I was to receive a shipment from UPS and when the UPS truck was on my street it did not stop. I checked the tracking number on the web and it showed delivered. I called UPS and they said the shipper had to originate a track of shipment. So I call the sender. UPS then called me to verify I did not receive the goods. About an hour later one of my neighbors knocked on my door with my package. Seems the driver had dislexia (sp) and swapped the address and delivered it down the street.

Hope that is all that happened.

UPDATE:

Thankfully my local friendly UPS driver is not a thief, but an idiot lol. I get a call from a neighbor down the block from me that she looked outside her door this morning and saw it there on the ground. What's weird is that the addresses aren't really similar so idk what he was smokin'. Anyway, all is well again and I aim to give my car a much needed detail this weekend! My thanks to Ashley for helping me out!

UPDATE:

Thankfully my local friendly UPS driver is not a thief, but an idiot lol. I get a call from a neighbor down the block from me that she looked outside her door this morning and saw it there on the ground. What's weird is that the addresses aren't really similar so idk what he was smokin'. Anyway, all is well again and I aim to give my car a much needed detail this weekend! My thanks to Ashley for helping me out!

Yea, that's happened to me, too... They got the house number right but they were a block over. It happens... we all make the occasional flub. :cheers:

• 2 weeks later...

Wow....I have no complaints...and if I did, I would just air them out over a cold beer with my UPS driver....he is my friend and we hang out often. He is lucky enough to have a route here in town where he lives!!!!! I get all my packages before I go to work....2nd shift that is.

I was to receive a shipment from UPS and when the UPS truck was on my street it did not stop. I checked the tracking number on the web and it showed delivered. I called UPS and they said the shipper had to originate a track of shipment. So I call the sender. UPS then called me to verify I did not receive the goods. About an hour later one of my neighbors knocked on my door with my package. Seems the driver had dislexia (sp) and swapped the address and delivered it down the street. Hope that is all that happened.

Sorry to hear this Jeff, and hopefully what's happen is similar to Jim's story, as it often is!

I've had problems with both companies. IMO...neither one is better than the other at this point in time.

We'll get your replacement order send expedited on UPS's dime!

As Vette Girl said, dealing with big or small companies, there is a fail rate. Even a small rate of 1-2% means thousands of packages are lost everyday with either of the giants.:mad:

We get a UPS Insurance Claim check every week from something lost, damaged, or stolen. Still, it's a bummer, and we do our best to get the goods into you hands as quickly as possible after an, "exception."

Thanks for your patience, and sorry you couldn't detail this weekend Jeff!:(

Sorry to hear this Jeff, and hopefully what's happen is similar to Jim's story, as it often is!

We'll get your replacement order send expedited on UPS's dime!

As Vette Girl said, dealing with big or small companies, there is a fail rate. Even a small rate of 1-2% means thousands of packages are lost everyday with either of the giants.:mad:

We get a UPS Insurance Claim check every week from something lost, damaged, or stolen. Still, it's a bummer, and we do our best to get the goods into you hands as quickly as possible after an, "exception."

Thanks for your patience, and sorry you couldn't detail this weekend Jeff!:(

Don't worry about it, as mentioned before my neighbor from all the way down the block with a completely different address called me the next day. So I did infact detail it that weekend. Just took a bunch of pictures today as it was the only break in the weather that we've been given for awhile. Stay tuned to the CARS section for pictures.

That reminds me a couple of years ago I got some special M&M's printed for our 25th wedding anniversary (dang things aren't cheap) and when I got them the box was opened and half the candy in the bag was gone! UPS and M&M's made it good but I guess I was lucky to get the left overs. I haven't had a problem since knock on wood. But, I am keeping my eye open for my order most of it should be here soon! :2thumbs:

• 3 weeks later...

This Is Exactly Why UPS Now REQUIRES Us FFL Dealers To Pay For Guaranteed Over Night Shipping (Between 30-50 Dollars Per Box) On Every Handgun Order Delivered To Our Store. It Was Their Employees Who Were Stealing The Packages. Their Thinking-The Less Hands To Touch The Package, The Better Chance We'll Receive The Package. Uuh?

But In Defense Of The UPS Drivers Who Have Serviced Our ACE Hardware, They Really Do Care About What They Do And In A Couple Situations Have Gone Above And Beyond.

Anyways, Just My Two Cents.......